90. It's My Father We're Talking About

"Doctor Tancredi,the patient's ready for operation" Nia,one of the nurses from the morning shift poked her head from the door of Sara's office and when the doc nodded,the nurse hurriedly disappeared off to somewhere.

With a small sigh,Sara quickly stood up from her chair,her hazel eyes roaming the pile of medical records on her cherry desk.She'll have to get back to those later, she decided as she put her now mid shoulder long hair in a low neat ponytail.Michael was defo gonna be happy that she was growing her hair out again.

A smile grazed her lips at the thought of her man as she glided a slightly sweaty palm along the white cotton material of her coat to straighten the small wrinkle there.But just as she was about to exit her office,the white wooden door opened with force,revealing Frank who without even greeting his daughter,walked in.

A deep sigh escaped Sara's pouty lips as she took a few steps back and closed the door just as quickly as it had been opened.

"I'm due an operation." The doc didn't try to hide the bitterness in her tone as she turned to face her father,a scowl taking over her gentle beautiful face.She hadn't seen him since the last time they talked or rather fought at the front porch of Katie's house.

"I'll be two minutes" Frank gave her an equally hard stare,hating the way his own stubbornness was so rubbed off on Sara.
So when Sara sighed in defeat again and crossed her hands over her chest,silently waiting for his words,Frank nodded slowly and looked around for a moment.

"I spoke to Dylan a few weeks ago.He told me you said that if he didn't sign the divorce papers,I'll ruin his life" the sharp accusation of her father didn't go unnoticed by Sara but she stood her ground,straightening her back and her lips turned into a sharp line,her eyes hard.

She was surprised he was coming to talk with her about it now,after so long.

"It was the only way I could make him sign!This sick man wouldn't leave me alone.People divorce father,people fall out of love and I refuse to be unhappy just because that would affect your reputation."

She replied,her voice pitching just a bit,but she kept herself at bay because the last thing she wanted was to cause problems at her work place and be fired.

"Why do you always make it about my reputation, Sara?" Frank hissed angrily as he stared at his daughter.

"Because its all you fucking care about!God,I'm sick of talking about this all over again with you every time!"

Sara said after a deep breath to calm her wildly beating heart and the erratic banging in her temple.This was giving her a headache.She couldn't operate like this.She needed to have her mind clear,she needed to be calm.She needed to escape

"What do you want me to say,Sara?You can't just use my influence every time you are inconvenient!"

Frank growled,his fingers frustratingly running thru his dark brown hair.Yes,maybe he wasn't the best of father,he never claimed to be,but sometimes Sara's actions were just too much for him.He couldn't continue to always bail her out of inconvenient situations.

"You only help me so your name wouldnt be connected with your drug addict of a daughter.You help me not because you care,but because you didn't want me to shame you!"

Sara almost screamed the last words but caught herself,closing her eyes to calm the adrenaline that was aggressively pumping thru every vein in her body.This was too much.Even for her.She couldnt keep on having the same conversation with Frank when he didn't even try to understand and support her for once.
Yes,she wasn't perfect either,but she had corrected herself long by now.

Both the Tancredis turned to the door when it opened again and Nia nudged her head in,her eyes becoming a bit wide as she saw the governor of Illinois and his daughter with flustered scowling faces.