70. Rendezvous

After their night 'rendezvous' last night Michael had offered to take Sara to Katie's because he knew that if he had her sleep at the loft, he wouldn't have controlled himself.

He would have ignored his subconscious and tried to touch her,to get closer to her somehow. Not necessarily in a sexual way,but maybe a kiss,a hug,he would have buried his nose in her lavander smelling hair and he would have allowed himself to be lost in her completely.

And that was the least thing the engineer needed right now.They were going to rebuild their relationship and it needed time for his trust in her to come back.And latching themselves on one another was only gonna complicate shit,leaving them to go back and forth.

She had smiled at him and vaguely had agreed.He remembered how cozy and in place it felt to have him drive around the city in the windy night as he listened to her honey voice give him the directions to where Katie lived.

Truth was, he didnt know where this was gonna go.Michael didn't know how things between him and Sara would work out but he was tired of denying that he didnt need her or that he had erased her from his heart.Because that wasn't even near the truth.

And the knowledge that now they had a clear path before them was even more exciting.Yes,going back to what they were was gonna be very difficult but he wanted to believe that Sara'd be there for him every step on the way.And he hoped she would.

The rest of the night he wasn't able to fall asleep.But not because of the constant sorrow that came along with his dull thoughts.Instead,the constant image of no ring on her finger filled his mind and Michael couldn't help the small,almost none evident smile.He just hoped she wouldn't lead him on this time.

That's if he allowed her to.Because damn it,he would root to the ground like a tree if he even teased her lips with his before she was divorced.No more twisted stupid games,either she was with him or without him.No in between.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning

Michael had barely concentrated on work all day and while Jefferson was explaining to the team their next projects and tasks in the conference room,Michael imagined busting Dylan's annoying ass face into this very fine table.

Wanker.Just the thought of him laying a hand on Sara was enough to light every fiber in Michael's body and make his blood boil in his veins.Even tho Sara and him weren't together right now,Michael couldn't set at peace before making it clear that hitting Sara had probably been one of his worst mistakes.Oh he was gonna make him so fucking sorry for it.

His blue eyes were distant and he paid no attention to the presentation about the construction of some new factory.He knew it would be really important for him to listen to these instructions since Lockwood would probably put him as a commander of the project.

But all Michael was thinking about was how the the bastard was gonna pay for hitting his ex.The thought of Sara being upset with him for knocking Dylan out had crossed his mind a few times,but he'd rather her be angry than him not showing the wanker his place.Michael wasn't a violent man before,but Fox River had made him tougher than he had thought

He got colder and more unforgiving and found himself more willing to be violent now.And yes,he was aware that this wasn't a good change,but how could he not be when life served shit on his plate daily.His past,the man he had to become the moment he stepped foot in the prison,Sara's betrayal.

All these were factors to his new behavior, at least he liked to think so,but deep down,Michael knew there was no one else to blame but himself.What a pathetic truth.Still,he chose to ignore it.