31. Dad Knows...the Worst

*Can we all appreciate how beautiful she is real quick 😊*

"Those were delicious" Dylan hummed in appreciation as he shoved the last of his pancake into his mouth.Sara gave him a smile and started loading the dish washer.She wasn't on duty today and a little bit of relaxation wouldn't hurt.

"Ah,and before I forget,your father hired us a wedding planner,we have a meeting with her this Wednesday." He informed her and wiped his mouth with a napkin,getting up from his seat.

Sara froze for a second,her brain processing the information and she felt the anger creeping its way into her every fiber fast.Frank couldn't not have a say in her damn life,as always.Fucking damn it

"When did that happen?" She tried to sound calm as she turned to face her fiancé, hoping that the annoyance wouldn't show on her face.

"We spoke on the phone yesterday" Dyl shrugged and took his suitcase that was left on one of the bar stools

"I see"

"That's okay with you,right honey?" He asked sweetly and pecked her lips, staring into her beautiful hazel eyes.

In that moment the doc really wanted to scream,she was freaking furious. Of course they had to start planning the damn wedding 3 months from then.And not even include her in the damn process or ask.

"Yes,I am" she lied and gave him a forced smile,turning to finish her task with the dishes.Her hands were starting to sweat and she tried to breathe evenly.

"Its settled then. I'll go now and I'll see you at dinner.It's good that you're having a day off today" he murmured with a grin and with that he was out of the house and Sara immediately reached for her phone.

Of course her father's stupid secretary had to pick up and say he was in a fucking meeting.But no,he wouldn't get away with that. It was her life,her damn wedding and if she wanted she would marry Dylan nearby a dumpster.Or not marry him at all...

So she quickly changed her PJs into a black summer dress,tied her hair in a high ponytail,took her brown purse that Katie always mocked her for and headed for his office.

-_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_-

"Miss Tancredi,he's in a meeting right now,but if you want me to pass him something for you,I coul-"

" tell him I'll be waiting in his office" Sara interrupted his secretary with a huff, Melanie was her name or something and without even giving her a chance to respond,the doc went up the stairs and to his office.She smiled and waved at some of the people that greeted her but fastened her step before some of his politician friends stopped her for a chatter.

Chicago was lively and sunny thru the big windows of her father's office and she turned his chair so it was facing the view and waited for him to show up.Her breathing was ragged and her face scowling.

Yes,she got it that he was her father and as a governor he wanted to show off from this wedding but she hated this bullshit.Besides she was 29 fucking years old for crying out loud.

Seconds ticked by and after half an hour of waiting his door slid open and Sara could hear him conversing with someone. And when she spun in the chair to face him,he sighed quietly and with a polite excuse hung up the phone,entering the office fully and closing the door.

"Sara,you know you can't come in here whenever you want to" he said in an exhausted tone and sat at the
nearby decorative couch,since his daughter gave no signs of getting up.The determination was clear in her hazel eyes

"And you should know by now that hiring a damn wedding planner without even telling me is a shit move, father." She spat and got up to her feet,pacing back and forth so she could relieve some of the anger that was boiling inside her.

"And what do you want me to do,you can't get married in a bar or something" he said,defensiveness clear in his voice and he got up,taking a glass and a bottle of scoth from the cabinet that was glued to the wall.He would definitely need a drink for this conversation.One thing that Sara possessed from him was his stubbornness.And in times like these he hated it a bit.

"If you have forgotten,both me and Dylan work and we could arrange our own wedding.You know damn well I don't want glamour and shit.This will just be your way of showing your perfect daughter and her fiancé. I don't need the bragging ,father" Sara tried to be calm and reason with Frank but she was getting even more furious.

"Sara,honey.Dylan also thinks this is a good idea.For me to organize it." He said calmly,hoping to convince his daughter.

"And why were you even discussing this with him in the first place?I'm your daughter, the one you should be asking.Not that you asked really." her voice raised a pitch higher.

"Because I knew how you would react-the exact same you're doing now" he pointed out and took a sip from his scotch.A headache was starting to form.

"Now,if you'll excuse me,I have a meeting to attend to" At that Sara scoffed and sighed heavily as she slipped out of his office, not forgetting to slam the expensive door. Fucker.

The air outside the building was so hot and the sun beamed on her exposed skin as she made her way to her car.She was beyond mad.This was not fair.

Without putting much thought to it,Sara quickly dialed Michael's number,hoping that she wasn't catching him in a bad moment since it was Monday and he was at work.And given that it was 10am...

"Good morning,love" his silky voice greeted her on the other line and the scowl on her face was immediately replaced by a smile.Michael was like a calm to her.Her safe harbor.

"Hey,love.Am I catching you in a bad moment?" She was hoping he said no.

Mike shrugged at the other line and glimpsed at his laptop.Even if he had work,he would always make up time for Sara.Hearing her sweet voice always made his day brighter and his smile broader.

"You aren't, I have time." He informed her with a grin on his face as he put his reading glasses down.Sara always said he looked irresistibly sexy in them.

Sara breathed in relief,setting up the conditioner in her car to a cooler temperature.

"Great, um,I was hoping that I could stay at your place for a bit and wait for you there if that's okay?"

Excitement and worry settled into him at the same time and Michael found himself nodding.He would ask later.He knew she wouldn't want to talk on the phone.

"Ask Mason for a spare key ,love.I can't wait to see you tonight" at his words Sara smiled,wetting her dry lips as she started her vehicle and maneuvered her way out of the parking lot.It was fucking crowded out there,damn it.

"See you soon" and with that she hang up,the bad mood she was in,being replaced by a lighter one as she drove to his building.

To be continued...

What do you think about Sara and Frank's relationship.Was it how you imagine it from the series?
Til next time,sweets!