43. You'll Leave Me

*edit made by me*

By the time Sara took a shower and cooked herself a small meal of spaghetti it was already past 10pm.Michael was sleeping in his bedroom but despite the awfully tiring day the doc had,she couldn't go to sleep.

The article about cross species genetics was the farthest thing from interesting as she flipped thru the pages while sprawled on the sofa.

"You'll leave me"

Michael's drunken whispered words sank deep into her and she still felt so incredibly guilty for the way his birthday went.For God's sake, she was a 30 year old woman,she shouldn't be making such stupid things as cheating and hurting people and not being able to gather herself.

By now it was more than clear that she didn't want to marry Dylan.But there were quite a few things holding her back from telling him to fuck off and run to Mike.

First,Dylan did nothing to deserve the poor way she was treating him.And second,the moment it was known that the governor's daughter dumped her fiance for another man and cheated,Frank would be talking her ears off about how she ruined his reputation and how stupid she was.Sara didn't want all that.She was sick and tired of it.She just wanted to live happily with Michael.

"NOOO" the terrifying scream that echoed thru the whole loft made Sara jump in her seat and her hazel eyes immediately shot to the slightly ajar door of Michael's bedroom.Bolting upright Sara quickly rushed to her lover,not caring for the fallen on the floor magazine.

When she entered the room Michael was hugging his long legs to his bare chest,his head buried down as he cried,his body shaking.With wide eyes and ruthlessly beating heart Sara rushed to him and enveloped him in her small arms and the way he jumped only made the doc more worried.

Watery blue eyes met copper ones and Sara could see the pure horror that danced in his as the tears leaked down his flawless face.

"Michael,love.Its okay.Come back to me" she spoke quietly,soothingly, as one of her palms came to caress his tear stained cheeks.He was looking at her as if he was in disbelief of her presence and the way his skin trembled beneath her arm was a no brainer he had another nightmare.

"You're here?" The engineer ,who in that exact moment looked so much like the little lost boy he was when he was younger, mumbled.And the fact that he was hallucinating of Sara being with him hurt even more.He had one too many at the bar.But when he felt the soft touch of her gentle caress his teary eyes observed the nervous scowl on her beautiful face,telling him she was all real.

"You're here..." He said lowly again,clarifying for himself and when a small worried smile appeared on her lips he grasped her little body to his,hugging her tight.His nose was buried in her lavander scented hair and the moment he felt her warmth invading him,he felt the fear and panic leave him and paece was slowly setting itself in his heart.

When he saw her in his dream,helpless and crying as the inmates had their way with her Michael totally lost it and to see her safe and here with him was the biggest relief ever.She was with him and safe,that's all that mattered.

After minutes of her comfortably stroking his back and them curled up to each other Michael felt himself relaxing and his tears dried.

"Are you better,love?" Sara quietly asked him,never stopping her ministrations on his tattooed back.

"I am now,you're here,that's all I care about."
His icy orbs moved up to look at her and the small smile she was giving him was all he needed to kiss her.He leaned forward,their lips and noses brushing ever so slightly and the couple engaged in a soft,chaste kiss.