36. The Docks

*highly recommend u to listen to this while reading*

Michael's strides were long and hurried as he exited his office at 5:23pm and he hastily removed his gray suit jacket and and loosened his black tie away from his neck.

Sara's troubling text kept him worried sick all day and the growing nasty feeling in his lower stomach was almost making him puke.He couldn't concentrate on work all day and Sara was all he ever thought about.

The last time she was this serious with him,she told him to stay away from her and that there would be nothing between them.
To be quite frank,Michael was scared shitless.He didn't want to lose her.Sara was just so precious to him and he didn't know what he would do without her.

Did she get tired of him?Did she not want him anymore.Did she not love him anymore?.All these questions were piling in his brilliant mind,making his heart ache just by the mare thought of her leaving him

Michael knew he wouldn't be able to endure her leaving him for the second time.Just the memory of her sad but oh so cold gaze caused a chilling shiver to run down his spine.

His blue eyes fluttured closed and he leaned his forehead against the warm steering wheel, taking a breath to calm himself.He knew it wouldnt help but just for a small fraction of a second,he wanted to shut down the miserable thoughts running thru his head.

A heavy sigh escaped his lips when he pulled his head up a few moments later and deciding that there was no point in guessing what Sara had to say, Michael started the car and headed for the docks with a heavy heart.

-_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_-

When Michael arrived at the doc he saw Sara sitting there with her back to him,the sun bathing her in its warmness.Her long curled auburn hair was sprawled beautifully on her back as she stared at the calm waves and Michael allowed himself a moment longer to gaze at her if she decided to leave him.God,he hoped and prayed not.

With slow and quiet steps he approached his lover and when he finally sat next to her he could clearly see the small frown on her beautiful face.She wasn't facing him,she wasn't even looking at him and that troubled the engineer even more.

"Sara?" His voice was small and unsure,he was afraid of losing her. Maybe she didn't know how much she meant to Michael and if he had to beg her to stay he would do it.Even if it was pathetic of him to do so.

"Katie knows about us,Michael" Sara's voice was low and hoarse,her hazel eyes were trained on the water.She couldn't bare looking at him.She felt ashamed.Not of him,but of herself.She was a disgusting person.

"It was bound to happen,love.The moment she saw us in your office she knew" Michael explained quietly,his eyes never leaving her beautiful face.Even when her skin was pale she looked so stunning.

"Is she a threat?" He asked seconds later when he was greeted by Sara's silence and despite wanting to wrap his hands around her and hug her,kiss her and touch her,he kept his hands at bay,scared that she would push him away.

But relief washed over him when Sara leaned her head on his shoulder and Michael wrapped his hands around her small body quickly. His whole body felt at peace when she was finally in his strong embrace and the fact that she wasn't pushing him away was exhilarating.

Sara was like a drug to him.She was engrained under his skin and his heart will always be her possession. She was his soulmate.His one and only and if she ever left him he would be incomplete.

"No,she would never be a threat to me" Sara assured him quietly.Katie was one of the very little people in her life that actually was there for her and had her back at all times.The doc knew she could always count on her friend.

"But she told me to choose" Sara continued and finally looked into those magnetic blue eyes that had so much worry in them.And she was the cause of this.

She wanted to hug him,to tell him everything would be alright.But that would be just a selfish way of her to keep living in her happy bubble with Michael.

"Did you?" Michael dreaded the answer but asked her anyway.

Did she?Didn't she?All of this was heavy on her shoulders and heart and if she only knew.Why couldn't they just live happily?Why did they have to be like this?Why was life most unfair to those who really loved?

"I know nothing else other the fact that I love you" Sara whispered to her lover and leaned her head on his shoulder again,seeking his warmth as the hot sun showered them with its blazing strands of sunlight.

Michael placed a soft kiss on top of her head and her lovely lavander scent filled his nostrils, taking him to another reality where they were free to explore and show proudly their love without having a boundary stop their love in the middle.Oh,how they wished to be free.But nothing In this world was easy.And that's the way it was forever gonna be.

"You ever been on one of those?" Michael asked her quietly when his blue eyes seized up a small white yacht passing by.

Sara's eyes lifted up to stare at the boat and she tried to suppress the memories of her old life overwhelming her.The constantly high Sara that fucked strangers was long gone.

"Yea,I was still drinking at the time so I don't remember much.Thought it was a lot of fun." She replied dryly,pushing the memories away.

"You?" She continued but her eyes were still trained on the boat.It was probably nice.To be really free.To roam the world and have no boundaries. To have the ocean as your front yard and the sun as your light.

"No,not a lot of yachts from where I'm from" Michael answered quietly and buried his nose in her hair again.Being close to her made him calm.

"I always wanted to live on one.Thought it would be nice to have the ocean as my front yard" Sara quietly voiced her thoughts,a small sad smile appearing on her lips.

"The ocean could be your front yard...or ours" Michael answered her,hope for a distant and desired future running thru his mind.

"You really want to drop that thing into the water and sail Into the sunset?" Sara asked weakly and couldn't help but picture them.They looked happy in that dream of hers.

Michael took a deep breath to calm his wilding heart,his hand still stroking her back.

"As long as its you and me" his answer was short but it had more meaning to it that everything he had ever said.As long as he had Sara he had everything.

"I like the sound of that" she took his palm in hers and planted a gentle kiss on the back of it,her hazel eyes closing.

Their fingers intertwined together tightly. Both of them were in pain but as long as they had each other the lovers would figure it out.

"One day..."

Do you all like it when I use pb quotes.Also what are your thoughts on this chap?
Till next time