8. Surprise

A week later

The heat Sara felt cooled a bit the moment she entered the tall building her fiancé worked at.Gladly for her,it was almost deserted since lunch break was over and every one was back at their offices working.The doc walked to the secretary who was standing behind the lobby counter,her head buried in the screen of her computer.

Sara removed her sunglasses and offered Felicia (the secretary) a small smile when the dark haired woman looked at her.

"Good afternoon, miss.How may I help you" Felicia asked politely and focused her attention on Sara fully.

"I'm here to see Dylan Hanks" was her dry reply as she tucked a strand of reddish hair behind her ear.Sara wanted to discuss some things about the wedding and Dyl told her on the phone that he would have an hour to spare so here she was.He didn't know she wanted to talk about the wedding tho.

But the doc wasn't all smiley and happy about the upcoming event.After her little encounter with Michael in her kitchen a week ago she felt like total rubbish for what she had done.She felt like a cheater and guilt plagued her.But the doctor couldn't entertain these thoughts any longer.She couldn't let something so stupid ruin her 3 year long relationship with Dyl.She loved him dearly.From now on she decided to steer as clear as she could from the handsome man with ocean eyes.

She could hear somewhere far in her mind that Felicia was saying something to her and Sara shook her head ever so slightly,her copper eyes focusing on the woman in front of her.But no matter how hard she tried,he was there,at the back of her mind.

"Miss...are you with me?" Felicia appeared a bit annoyed and how could she not.Sara just spaced out thinking about Michael and how he was ruining all her morals.Well,what was left of them anyways.

"Sorry" was all she could offer and licked her dry lips,looking at the secretary with what she only hoped could be an apologetic look.

Felicia offered her a polite smile and slid a visitors card on the top of the counter.

"Doctor Tancredi,what a surprise to see you here" Michael Scofield said just as he entered the lobby.Sara's eyes widened and she froze in place for a moment.She knew that voice.It was him.Oh god,no.Her legs were like glued to the floor and Sara was afraid to move.

She turned just as he joined her on the counter and she had to fight the urge to gasp only because the secretary was practically witnessing this.

Michael saw the pure surprise and panic in her gorgeous hazel eyes and smirked at her.He was well aware that the secretary was drooling over him but he only had eyes for the beautiful doctor that was standing before him.He wanted to tuck the strand that was falling from her ponytail behind her ear but refrained from doing that given that they had audience.

"Hello,Sara" he greeted her,giving her a soft smile that was specifically for her and her alone.Before she could register, she was grinning at him too.Sara wanted it to look forced, she wanted him to think that she didn't like his company but her body just betrayed her.Her mind was screaming 'bad news' at her. Being this close to Michael wouldn't lead to nothing good.

He of course looked as good as always.The casual wear she saw him in the last time was changed into black ironed dress pants,white dress shirt and black tie with red and blue stripes.He was just a fucking peace of art and the instinct to jump him and kiss him took Sara aback

'Fucking get a grip,Tancredi'

Michael noted her checking him out and if it wasn't for Felicia there who was now watching them a bit puzzled,he would have made a comment about how sweetly the blue jeans she was wearing hugged her ass.She was a fucking goddess.

"Felicia, where is miss Tancredi headed to?" Oh no.No,no,no.This couldn't be any good.Why did he have to ask.Sara was becoming panicked by the second and hoped and prayed that Felicia wouldn't say anything.

But of course...

"Dylan Hanks's office,Mr.Scofield" Felicia replied,battling her lashes at Michael but his eyes turned to Sara immediately who now had a worried and flushed complexion.

'Fucking bitch' Sara cursed her in her head and fought her everything not to scowl at the woman.Fucking bitch couldn't keep her mouth shut.But of course this was Michael that was asking her so of course she would reply.

"Thank you" Michael replied dismissively. "I'll escort miss Tancredi" those were the words that Sara feared the most from hearing. She couldn't let herself be alone with him.The doc was so reckless around this fine man.The palm he put on the small of her back left no room for argument and without another word they started walking together towards the big silver doors of the evelator,her visitors card forgotten

All that was left was the feel of Michael's touch burning her with desire.

What do you think will happen on the ride to the 18th floor?