98. Valentine's Day

Hii, friends.Im finally back, everything is now okay with my phone and account and I'm more than happy to continue writing.
For those who are still reading this story, thank you for being SO patient with me and I hope you enjoy this short chapter that is officially closing part II of the book. And lastly, a big thank you to all of you for 15k,i never believed this story could have the votes and reads that it has. I appreciate greatly all of you.

Sincerely yours, Vicky

Song :"I got you" bebe rexha slowed

The 14th of February as many people say is the most 'loving' day of the year, bringing the magic of romanticism back for a day in the usually repetitive and dull relationships of people. But for Sara and Michael celebrating it was nearly impossible.With their busy schedules and now all the arranging of moving to NYC, keeping the spirit of love and passion was hard.

Not that they needed this day to show the other how in love they were anyway. Sara felt like a damn queen in the presence of Michael. He was the right combination between romantic and grounded.He was always there for her when she needed him, her solid rock and a shoulder to cry on.He often denied when she'd say how romantic he is and she found the blush on his cheeks cute.

Sara loved the way he started giving her flowers every Friday again. She remembered a time when they used to hide their love from the world and she had to admire the beautiful bouquets he gifted her from her office and now it felt like a luxury looking at them on the kitchen counter in her flat.She was a whole different person around him, in the best way possible

And just by the mare thought that in six days they were going to start a life together in their own flat was thrilling and Sara felt ecstatic and impatient about it.God had gifted her with a second chance with the man of her dreams and whether they lived in a luxurious loft or under a bridge, it was enough for her that he was by her side. Always and forever as they say.

And so, when Sara came through the door of her now only consisting a couch flat, after a looong and tiring shift at the hospital, Michael greeted her with a soft smile and a warm plastic cup of tea to drink. And Sara had felt like a damn fool for forgetting to buy him a present but how could you blame her.

With all the work in the hospital and arranging the documents of moving out of the flat that she had moved in just two months ago, a present had been the farthest thing on her mind. And knowing how gentlemenly Michael always did things, he had most probably bought her something meaningful and now she felt guilty as she slowly withdrew from his tight hug, a silent plead for him to forgive her was dancing in the doc's tired copper eyes.

"you're so beautiful"

Michael's soft voice echoed in her ears quietly and his blue Gray eyes admiringly gazed at her gorgeous face. One of his big palms came to caress the side of her cheek tenderly and the engineer loved the way Sara literally melted at his touch, closing her lids as she leaned her head towards his hand.Almost like a kitty that was being petted, only that she wasn't purring.

"I haven't had a shower since six this morning and I doubt my face looks appealing right about now"

Sara scoffed at her own words as her head lowered to observe with negativity her work scrubs. Instead of her being the one to welcome him from work with some sexy lingerie on, she was standing tired shitless in front of her man, ready to fall asleep in his arms while standing. But how could you blame her when his chest was comfier than a pillow.

"just a little rough on the edges, like a diamond, my love"

Michael grinned at his woman, trying to mask his nervousness with kissing her again on those thin rosy lips that he loved so much. And this time his pocket felt tight not because his dick was too hard to keep his pants together.

"you're awfully romantic tonight"

Sara said lowly with a lazy smile, tiptoeing to give him another kiss as her small hands snaked around his neck and their bodies were glued to one another. Her legs were killing her after running like a goddamned athlete around the hospital all day, but she'd rather stay like this in his arms than be anywhere else.

"and I'm even more awful for forgetting to buy you a present, baby"

Sara pursed her lips in guilt as her hazel eyes observed his calm ocean one's while his palms distractedly slid up and down her waist.For some reason they reminded her of the sea tonight.Calm and eerie just before a storm.She swore she could feel the power errupting behind them like big waves splashing against each other.

"you know I don't give a fuck about gifts and all that, I have you, what else can I want in life?"

Michael smiled softly, looking down at her as he unconsciously switched from toe to toe.God,he really hoped everything was going to turn out the way he wanted it to, question was, how would he say it?

" I know, i know. I just, I guess I wanted it to be special. It's our first Valentine's day together and instead of greeting you with some sexy lingerie on I co-"

Sara was in the middle of her passionate ranting when Michael suddenly put a shaky pointer finger on her lips to silence her and let out a deep breath before bracing himself for his question.

"will you marry me?"...

Any thoughts? 😊🤔