Visit to the hospital

*a week later*
He told me the last time that he came over that he split his finger at work trying to break some cemit down but he didn't know it was going to get infected the way that it did.  The hospital said that he had to stay over night or his finger would be amputated. It looked disgusting. One night turned into two nights. "Damn you still at the hospital?" I said shocked. He had called me because he was lonely and needed to talk. "Okay well I'll come visit you tonight." I said making a promise. I knew I couldn't because I was just getting off work, it was late. And because I wouldn't be able to bring the girls inside the hospital room to see him. I called thomas. "Hey is it okay if I pay you a little extra for the girls to stay the night?" I asked. "Yeah that's good, they're sleep anyway." He responsed sounding like he'd been sleep too. I rushed home and made his favorite dish. Loaded nachos. With a side of salsa and sour creme abd big cup of koolaid. Instead it was actually a bottle of Arizona from Walgreens across the street of the hospital but I thought it compared. Once I got in the room he was laying there sleep looking like something really bad happened to him. The bed was reclined, he had his durag on, in the hospital gown & IVs in his vains. I watched him a little for a little while- while he was sleep. Thinking about how I'm always going the extra mile gor him just to be there for him even though he wouldn't for me. Then I thought about his food getting gold so I had to wake him up. I gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Hey baby daddy" I spoke softly. He opended his eyes and was so hapoy to see me. I never saw a grown black man blush the way he did. "I didn't actually think you was gone come I thought you was just taking, nobody came to see me and its going on 3 days" he said laughing it off. I felt really bad for him. "I would've brought the girls but its late and the hospital won't let kids under 5 come up here. And it's okay. Im here for you. How you feeling?" I said caressing his hand. "This shit hurt bad asf but im ready to go. Im sick of being in this room I only got to leave once. I went outside for a smoke break but I ran home and came back before they noticed I was gone to get some changing clothes. A nigga need a blunt" he started venting. "Did you eat?" I asked checking out his infected finger. "Don't be looking at it like that" he said laughing. "But nah I didn't eat. You know how hospital food taste." He said turning his attention to a commercial on the tv above. That caused me to have a memory of me being in the hospital for 3 days after giving birth to his kids. He didn't come see me at all. Or the last minute as he claims. It made me get deep in my feelings that a tear fell. "You alright ma?" He asked trying to reach me to wipe my tear off. "Sit back I don't want you to pull your IV cords. I'm okay I just hate to see you like this. I said wiping my face. "I brought you some food" I said handing him his huge plate of nachos. "Hell yeah you know I love nachos, thank you ma" he said as he took off the saran wrap and dug in. He got a few bites in before the doctor cane back in to check on him. "Okay I need to get an update on your vitals" she said setting up her equipment. She refilled his IV bag and stuck another needle in his hand. He didn't flinch not one bit. "That didn't hurt at all?" I asked. "Nah, as many times they did this since I been here Im used to it now" him and the doctor laughed. "Hopefully we can get you out of here by tomorrow. Are you feeling okay?" She asked putting her equipment back in place. "Im good" he responsed as he headed right back for his plate. "This shit so good, thank you again ma. Nobody ever done this for me" he looked at me shaking his head gratefully. "And nobody ever will" I thought to myself. I sat in the room for hours with him to make him feel somewhat better. "Okay I gotta go Randy" I said getting up stretching. "Damn you really gotta go? You can't stay the night?" He asked. He wanted me to stay so bad. He watched me put my shoes and jacket back on. "Yeah its almost 2am. I'm tired I have to go home and get some sleep I have to work in the morning." I gave him a kiss on the cheek and told him to text me and update me on how he's doing. He reached out for a hug like he was baby. I laughed a little and leaned in to give him one. He held onto me so tight. "You smell so good" he said with his face stuffed in my breast and arms wrapped around me. "I know" I laughed as I said my last goodnight. He watched me leave with such a sad face.