Chapter 118: The Bounts Assualt! The Gotei 13's Destructive Earthquake!

3rd person's pov

Having come across Rukia, Yoshio leaps into the air and spins around several times before coming down harshly on Rukia, with the sword of Nieder, prompting the latter to leap back at the last second as the sword stabs into the ground and briefly bends from the weight of Yoshi, who pushes herself up to pull the sword out and cartwheels over to Rukia in order to attack her with a high kick that Rukia narrowly evades. After leaping to the other side of the street in order to dodge Yoshi's following upward slash with the sword of Nieder, Rukia kneels and pants heavily. "What's this? You don't even have a zanpakuto?" Yoshi questioned, before blowing the dirt off of her sword. "She's gotten stronger... Much more stronger than the last time I faced her." Rukia thought, staring at Yoshi. Ririn rounds the corner of one of the alleys leading into the street behind Yoshi and frantically hides behind a wooden outcropping. "It's one of the Bounts!!" She exclaimed, before peering out from behind the wall. "Rukia! But you can't beat her without a zanpakuto!" Ririn said loudly, this causes Yoshi to look over her shoulder at Ririn's location in confusion, which leads a startled Ririn to retreat behind the outcropping while the villagers on the street rapidly run into the alleys and close the doors and windows of the surrounding buildings to hide from the conflict.

"Hmph. Worthless trash." Yoshi smirks, placing the fan up to her face. "From what I've heard, Mabashi had no trouble making you into his personal play thing." She said, making Rukia think back to what happened during her fight with Mabashi and his doll. "You certainly are cute. It's making me excited." Yoshi laughs, hiding her face with the fan of Nieder. "Shut up!" Rukia growls angrily, looking around and pulls out a Katana that was stuck in the wall behind, before assuming a defensive stance in front of her.

"Yeah? So you want to fight?" Yoshi smirks, looking at Rukia.

"Oh my, my. Do you mean another fight? And I was right in the middle of my tea time." Neider complained, "And I remember distinctly telling you never to call for me when I'm in the middle of my nap." Her sword reminded, "Quit complaining and just follow orders. I've got work to do." Yoshi demands, holding the fan out in front of her while raising the sword above her head and lifting her right knee into the air in order to remain balanced on her left foot as a battle stance.

"Rukia, you fool! How could you let yourself get talked into this by a bount?! Never let your emotions rule you! And what could you possibly do now with old piece of garbage sword?" Ririn thought,
as she watched from behind the outcropping.

"You just going to stand there?" Yoshi asked, but got no response from Rukia. "Then you won't mind if I go." She said, throwing her closed fan at Rukia. "Ah! It's started!" Ririn declared frantically, as Rukia slashes Yoshi's fan away with her katana.

"Oh, she got me!" The fan complained, as it spread open in midair, obscuring a surprised Rukia's vision long enough for Yoshi to rush forward and slash diagonally at her with the sword of Nieder, which Rukia barely manages to dodge by falling on her back. With her left foot raised high in the air as a result of her pivoting her body to perform this attack, Yoshi brings it down hard on Rukia, who rolls away at the last second and finds Yoshi throwing the sword of Nieder at her. After leaping high into the air, leaving the sword to embed its tip in the ground and slide several feet away despite promising to get her back, Rukia raises the katana above her head and comes down on Yoshi with a downward slash, but the latter manages to block it with her opened fan and keeps Rukia suspended in midair with her sheer strength alone, leaving Rukia stunned as a grinning Yoshi flips the fan around to send her crashing into a wall on the other side of the street.

"Rukia, get up!! Get up and run away! I've been trying to tell you you're no match for her in the state you're in! Why won't you just run?!" Ririn shouted, staring in bewilderment at where Rukia landed. Rukia quickly emerges from the rubble of the partially collapsed wall, stumbling to her feet.