Chapter 124: Mitsuo vs. Kuroki

Kuroki's pov

"Now we're talking." Mitsuo smirked as I had blocked his attack, sliding back as I got my footing. "Kawakaze Tachikaze, Fuyuki." I released Yuki into Shikai as I gained my footing properly, this caused his sword to grow a bit bigger. "You know, Kuro... I know that you easily lose your temper and control when I threaten your closest friends and family. It's funny that I can say, the other Kuroki.. The one from my realm is just like you. Only he, acts rationally better than you and he has a better hold of his temper." Mitsuo smirked, I gripped Yuki's handle tightly as I looked at him. I could hear Renji slam his hand against the barrier, only to get shocked right on the spot. "That doesn't matter to me. I'm not from your version of our world. So put a sock in it." I snapped, "Ooh, feisty.. I like it." He teased, making me growl in annoyance. I charged forward at him, the both of us swinging our respective weapons. Our swords clashed creating a huge wave of energy to blow through the entire area, as the two of us kept our ground. I was not letting him push me to the brink of bringing Kana back out, not again, not after what she put both Renji and Ichigo through. The two of us pushed against each other harder, causing another wave of energy to disperse between us. I held my ground, swiftly kicking out my foot. Mitsuo dodged the kicking, forcing us apart. I slid back a bit, getting ready to attack again when an attack was thrown at me. I jumped out of the way quickly, the attack hit the barrier and bounced off. I landed on my feet, looking forward to Mitsuo who smirked and suddenly disappeared from sight. This sent me on alert, so I quickly put up my guard and kept my breathing steady. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath and listened the sounds of the open area around me. I heard a suddenly crack of a branch, opening my eyes, I jumped into the air and lifted up Yuki. Mitsuo suddenly appeared in sight just a few feet beneath me, he lifted his eyes and spotted me in the air. This made him smirk as he jumped up in order to get to me, but I already had an attack that I wanted to use on him. "Hokkyoku furosuto." This attack was something I picked up while training with Rei and Toshihiro a while back, we were sparring when I suddenly used this move. So Yuki told me about it, apparently what happens is that cold wind will start blowing, which will take the opponent off guard. Shards of ice will rain then down, distracting the opponent while I can charge at them unnoticed and slash them twice before they counter it. Mitsuo did not see it coming since I had not used this move in any of our previous fights, so I got the upper hand. After slashing him twice, I blasted him with a kido spell which sent him flying into a nearby empty storage unit. I landed perfectly on my feet, as I took a defensive stance yet again. "Grr... What the hell was that?" Mitsuo questioned, pushing the rubble off of him as he stood up. "Something that I recently picked up while sparring with a few friends." I stated nonchalantly, Mitsuo gave me a smug look which let me know he had something up his sleeve. He threw an attack at me, which I dodged but I hadn't noticed that he had disappeared again. "Kuro to your right!!!!" Ishihara shouted, I looked to my right, where Mitsuo had suddenly appeared. He threw a right hook catching me in my stomach, which caused some spit to fly out of my mouth. I stumbled back, taking the punch very well and dodged a right kick. I swung Yuki down, slightly catching his leg which got him to back off. He flipped over three times, creating distance between us and landed on a tree branch. He snapped his fingers, causing the ground to shake and I knew I had to keep an eye out for what was to come. As expected, his doll appeared and quickly made a break for me which made me squirm in disgust. "Stay away from me!!!" I swung Yuki down in an absolute panic, causing it to scream in pain as ice hit its body. Marayo suddenly split up its body, creating more which made me panic more.

"Why is she panicking like that about that thing?" Rui quipped, looking over at the others as they watched her fight with Mitsuo. "Kuro hates worms." Rei spoke up, "She's always hated them. She gets really freaked out when one comes crawling by. I didn't notice just how much she feared them until that bastard used Marayo during the first fight. I need to get in there." Renji once again slammed his hand against the barrier, causing him to get thrown back with the same amount of force he used to hit it. He growled out of frustration as Rei helped him to his feet, "We're not going to get in there with brute force." Rui shook his head, looking over at the fight. He watched as Kuroki dodged Marayo several times, striking him with ice each time the doll got to close for comfort.