Chapter 98: Zangetsu vs. Fried and Fuyuki vs. Marayo

Kuroki's pov

I sat there in shock, this guy just came out of nowhere. Renji wasn't sure how to react, but he kept his arms tight around me as if to protect me from the new guy. "I'm not gonna hurt you two. I'm a friend-" Mitsuo attacked us but the guy blocked his attack, "Hado #34, Shakkaho!" I couldn't believe it, his reiatsu felt just like Rukia's. It was as if she was standing right next to me, "Renji, this guy. He reminds me of Rukia." I said, as he looked at me funny. "What do you mean? Rukia is a girl!" Renji muttered back to me, "Well, that's true but honestly his reiatsu is just like Rukia's not to mention his spirit ribbon seems attached to something." I felt a massive spirit energy coming from the other side of the mansion, which is where Ichigo went. "We need to go! Hey new guy, we gotta go! My brother is in trouble." I stood up to my feet, pulling on Renji's arm and the guy followed us. I then felt Rukia, our Rukia. I didn't like the strong power coming from the side of the mansion where Ichigo was and I was beginning to get a little nervous with the amount of pressure it was giving off. "Kuro... Calm down. Ichigo can handle it." I shook my head at Renji's statement and started running faster. I turned a corner, following Ichigo's reiatsu trail and slid around the corner and into the room his reiatsu was in. I opened the door to see Ichigo and Rukia but there was somebody in front of him, he looked fairly new and I didn't know what to think. But that's when I felt the enormous pressure coming from him and I instantly knew it was Kariya, the guy who wanted Uryu.

Ichigo and Rukia looked to me and Renji, "Ichigo, are you guys okay?" I asked and he nodded looking to me, "You're bleeding." I could instantly see the concern in his eyes, "It's okay. This guy here saved us from Mitsuo but there's no doubt, he'll come back to attack again." I shook my head and pointed to the guy behind us. He had short black hair that reached up to his ears and he had purple eyes just like Rukia's and not to mention, he somewhat looked a bit like her. I turned my attention away from him and to Kariya, who was standing there with a glare. "You know we came here to get Uryu back, don't you?" I gripped Yuki's handle already pissed off because he did this. He caused all of the problems we're having now. "Well, I have no intention of giving him back." I sighed pulling out Yuki, but Ichigo attacked first and Ryo went after Rukia which made Ichigo block him but he was wide open to me. I shunpoed from my area to right in front of Kariya, who seemed a bit surprised at what I did.

"Give Uryu back." I swung Yuki down but he dodged me, "Kuro look out!!" I turned my head and shunpoed back over to Ichigo, which caused Mitsuo to growl. "Kuro, Rukia... Go! Get out of here. I'll be fine." Ichigo insisted, but I argued with him but he didn't let me finish so I left with Rukia.

"What are you two doing?" I questioned, looking to Rukia and the guy. "Well, I don't know why but I feel very attached to him." I sighed, closing my eyes and shook my head and decided to feel for Rukia and the guy's reiatsu. What I saw amazed me, the two spirit ribbons were connected and the same color. Not only that but it felt like there were two Rukia's instead of just one, I opened my eyes and backed up a bit.

"What is it?" Rukia asked me, "Your spirit ribbons are attached to each other but it feels like you are the same person." I explained, "But how is that possible?" Mari questioned and I shrugged, looking to the guy.

"Are you sure Ichigo will be alright with being on his own?" Kurodo asked and I looked down to him, "Yes. Besides Ichigo is buying time for us to find Uryu." Rukia answered, "But we should gather information on the bounts together before battling them." Kurodo pointed out, but Ririn didn't seem to like his answer. "No, I think we should get this information while we fight them." Kurodo doesn't like Ririn's statement and the two get into an argument, which annoyed me to no end. "We could always use Noba to get back to where Ichigo is." I shook my head in agreement, seeing as that was true. "Better yet, when we find Uryu.. We'll use Noba's ability to send Ichigo out of the mansion." I looked to Rukia, "Ruki, are you sure that's a good idea? Ichigo wouldn't like that. Hell, I wouldn't like that either." Kurodo kept complaining, but I ignored it and suddenly felt the bounts reiatsu from the other side of the room.

"They must be up ahead." The guy said, as we walked into a new room. We still hadn't learned his name, "Someone must be guarding Uryu." I stopped immediately, which caused Noba to run into my back. "Whoever is in here. Come out." Rukia shouted and a guy steps out. He must of been Maki Ichinose, who the twins were telling us about.

But he wasn't the only one to step out, Mitsuo stepped out and I growled. "Maki, you're a soul reaper." Rukia stated, but Maki shook his head. "Your logic is wrong." He stated, as Rukia met eyes with him and I stared at Mitsuo. "What are you doing here?" I gripped Yuki's handle, "Are you with the bounts?" I kept my focus on Mitsuo, who stood there with his hands in his pockets. "Yes, but I'm originally from the eleventh division." Maki answered, "But why are you with them?" Rukia questioned, but instead of answering he attacked. He stabbed through Kurodo's stomach, although he was invisible. "Kurodo!!" Ririn and Noba work together to put him in an illusion, but he cuts them both down. I pulled Yuki out and step forward, but I was stopped.

"Don't even think about it, unless you want him to die." A blob came forward and before I could react, I saw a figure pop out. My eyes widened, as I saw Ishihara stuck in the blob. "Kuro..... You'll get me out of here right? Right? You won't let me die?" Tears sprung in his eyes and his lips quivered. "Kuro, it's gonna be okay. You're not gonna have to face him alone. But how did he get Ishihara, if he wasn't in the mansion?" Yuki questioned and I wondered the same thing.

Besides he was out watching the mansion for anyone else with Toshihiro, Rei and Yukio. "You're probably wondering how I ended up with him, even though he wasn't with you in the mansion." Mitsuo snapped his fingers and more blobs popped up. Shock ran through my body seeing that in those Globs of whatever he controlled were my friends, Toshihiro, Rei and Yukio.

"I beat them first which wasn't all that easy, but it wasn't hard either. And then I took him and held them hostage right along with him." I held onto Yuki tighter and tried to keep calm, but the tears were already forming in my eyes. "What do I do with all of their lives on the line?" I questioned, I was brought back to reality the moment Rukia and Ichinose started talking.

"I can't let you leave here alive." My eyes stayed on Mitsuo and I got serious. "If it's a fight you want, then it's a fight you'll get Mitsuo. I'm not letting you get away with hurting my friends who were only here to keep a look out. They weren't coming in here to attack you." I got into a defensive stance as he moved his hand, "Marayo." He called and all four blobs dispersed and hit the walls in all corners. "Bring it on then," Mitsuo rolled up his sleeves and pulled out a sword from his belt, as I charged at him.