Chapter 69: Kuroki's Paranoia

Kuroki's pov

I walked into the house and was greeted by Karin. "Hey sis, what's up?" I ruffled her hair, "Nothing much. I'm going to play soccer in the park with some friends." She walked out of the house and I smelled something. I walked into the kitchen, seeing my dear sister cooking and it smelled like my favorite meal. "Oh hey Kuro. How was school?" Yuzu asked, "It was good. Thanks for asking. So......Whatcha making?" My voice changed in tone, because I was curious. Yuzu wiped her hands on her apron and turned to me with a smile, "Now, now. It's a surprise, you'll find out at dinner. For the time being, why don't you work on something like homework?" She handed me my book bag and started pushing me upstairs towards my room, which caused me to be a little skeptical and give her a nervous smile.

"Wait, Yuzu. Why can't you tell me?" I asked, looking back at her. "Because it's a surprise, silly. Now, run along," She opened the door, but I was still looking back at her. "Wait-- Yuzu! Yuzu! Come on, tell me." I smiled at her and she stared at me, before putting on a big grin. "I can't tell you that until dinner time. Just work on something else and don't worry about anything. Bye now. And by the way, we have company." She shoved me into the room, which I wasn't expecting. "Ahhhhhh!" I fell flat on my face, landing face first onto my bookbag. I heard the door shut really fast and the sound of rushing footsteps, going away from the door.

"Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwww," I groaned into my bookbag, I just stayed there with my hair in my face. "Uhh Kuro, are you just gonna lay there?" Ichigo asked, "Yes." I mumbled, not wanting to get up. "Why?" He asked, "Because Yuzu has a surprise and I don't like surprises. Besides I'm tired and Ishihara won't stop calling me. And Yuzu shoved me in the room. Are you gonna help me up?" I opened one eye, looking up at him.

"Nope. You can stay there." He said, shaking his head.

"Fine then. Don't help me up, I'll remember that next time." I said, "Well, I have a surprise of my own. One I think you may like and may not like." I looked up at him with a glare, "Strawberry, today is not the day you start talking about more surprises. I will personally strangle whoever set up this surprise damnit." I stood up and walked over to him, "Hey! Don't blame me! I didn't set this one up!" He said and I grabbed the front of his shirt.

"Ichigo, please tell me you do not have another surprise. Because if you do I will beat you and the people who think it's a good thing to a pulp. Unless it is Ruki or Yoruichi." I said, "Sorry, but uhh...." He looked away and I followed his line of vision and saw Renji, Ikkaku, Toshiro and Yumichika sitting on Ichigo's bed and my lips started curling. Rangiku was sitting in the floor, and she gave me a big smile tackled me into a hug. I stood there still stunned and looked over to my side of the room, seeing Rukia and Yoruichi sitting on my desk and my eyebrow twitched. Then I looked to my bed seeing Jushiro, who gave me a small wave and smile, Shunsui who had a large grin on his face and Byakuya, who gave me a small nod.

"Surprise!!!" Rangiku yelled, causing me to quickly blow a fuse.

"What the hell are you all doing here?" I shouted, "Well, let's just say we owed you guys a visit." I slumped against the wall, letting let myself slide down onto my butt. "Kuro, are you okay?" Ikkaku asked, "Oh, I'm just great, baldy." My sarcasm deeply showed, as I sat against the wall. 

"What did you call me?!! Cherry!" He yelled, "I don't have time for this or your stupidity, pin head." I said as Shunsui and Jushiro went to stand up, but I stopped them. "I'm going to sleep." I laid across the bed, behind the three captains. "Don't wake me for anything stupid or I will choke anyone who does." I closed my eyes and faced the wall, not long after I dosed off.

~~

I woke up the next morning to find out that Rukia was staying with us and the others were staying at Kisuke's place. I don't know why, but I kept getting the feeling that someone was watching me.

"Hey Kuro, are you alright?" Rukia asked, looking over at me. "Yeah, I'm okay." I ate my food quietly, but Dad and Ichigo weren't as quiet. They got into a physical fight at the table and Yuzu had to keep them from flipping the table over, but I didn't pay attention to it. I was still getting that feeling that someone was watching me. We left for school, but I hadn't been talking much. "Kuro, are you okay?" Ichigo asked, but I was too deep in thought and ran into somebody. "Oww," I rubbed my head and was helped up by Tatsuki. "Sorry, Tatsuki." I apologized, "It's alright. Are you okay, though? You seemed deep in thought." Tatsuki asked, "Yeah, don't worry. I'm fine." We walked into the classroom and was greeted by Ishihara, but since I was feeling paranoid I didn't do anything.

"Okay, class. We have some new students." I anime fell, seeing them standing there dressed in uniform. "Class, this is Toshiro." He didn't acknowledge anything, since he was too busy playing on his soul pager. "Rangiku." She waved at everyone and mainly since she had big boobs, many of the guys were having nosebleeds. "Our previous student Rukia." Rukia waved and smiled, "Byakuya," He only gave a small nod but didn't smile at all, which caused the girls to go nuts. "Ikkaku," He had his wooden sword in his hand and had a mean look on his face, "Hey," he gave a simple hello.

"Renji," He gave off a bored look, but gestured hello and slightly smiled when his eyes landed on me. "Yumichika," He gave a smile and wave, "Why does he have a feather on his eyebrow?" A girl whispered, "Jushiro and Shunsui are our student teachers. Any comments or questions?" Ms. Misato asked, "Is that your natural hair color?" A girl asked Toshiro, "Yes, it is." He looked up for a moment, but back down at his pager. My combat badge hung from my belt around my waist. She then gave them places to sit.

So we sat like this...

Ichigo sat in the window seat, right next to him was Rukia and to her right was Rangiku. I sat behind Ichigo in the window seat, to my right was Renji and to his right was Byakuya. Behind me was Toshiro, who had a window seat as well. To his right was Ikkaku and to Ikkaku's right was Yumichika. Behind Toshiro was Shunsui and to his right was Jushiro and lastly Ishihara. I zoned out not paying attention to the lesson and looked out the window. It was all peaceful, until my combat badge started beeping. "Ichigo, I'll handle this." I whispered, "Ms. Misato, I need to use the rest room." She excused me and I rushed outside, using my combat badge to turn and then I pulled out Yuki.

"It's been a while since you used me, Kuro." Yuki said, "Yeah, I know." I slashed it in half and quickly went back to my body and got back to class. I sat down and stared out the window and that's when I saw something black look up at me. It might of been a person, it smiled at me and then mouthed. "Hello, Kuroki. You are next." My eyes widened and I looked down at my desk. "What does that mean?" I thought to myself.