Chapter 46: Ishida's Ultimate Power

3rd person's pov

After finding out about the fate of his grandfather and Sensei, Soken Ishida. Uryū stands and unleashes an extreme amount of reiatsu. Mayuri identifies the technique Uryū uses as Ransotengai, which enables him to overcome Mayuri's poison in order to regain movement. "Being called a genius doesn't begin to describe my skill and my need to avenge my grandfather." Uryu explained to Mayuri.

"How many times have I told you not to see your grandfather?" Ryuken asked, he is Uryu's father. "But father... I want to be able to save people and fight off all hollows." Uryu started, "No, I don't want you going to see your grandfather and practicing with your quincy powers." Ryuken said, "But father, why?" The young Uryu asked, confused. "Because it won't make any money." Ryuken said to Uryu.

Uryū's desire to be strong and become a quincy stems from his desire to save the dead from hollows. Focusing on the present, Uryū reforms his bow and releases a cyclone of Reiatsu, as Mayuri stands there smirking. "You may be a useful research subject after all." Uryū remembers Sōken entrusting Uryū with a box. As Mayuri resumes his assault on Uryū, Uryu reflects on his training with the Sanrei Glove contained in the box. He trained non-stop for seven days and nights with the Sanrei Glove, in order to reach what his grandfather called, "The pinnacle of the Quincy's powers." Sōken explains. "Although putting it on means gaining great power, he can never take it off. Doing so would temporarily give Uryū enormous power, but then he will lose all his Quincy powers afterward."

Uryū notes that he is at the limit of the Ransōtengai and that he won't be able to keep things up much longer. Since, the battle against Mayuri Kurotsuchi doesn't seem to be leaning towards Uryū's victory, he decides to step things up. After apologizing to his deceased Sensei for disobeying him, Uryū removes his Sanrei Glove. The glove disintegrates from Uryū's arm and he explodes in a tower of reiatsu, thus entering the Quincy: Letz Stil. A bewildered Mayuri contemplates where his immense power suddenly came from, and then sees Uryū absorbing the reiatsu of the buildings around him. He realizes that Uryū has gained complete dominance over reiatsu and gone beyond the limits of Normal human bodies.

Uryū reforms his bow and sends an arrow blasting towards Mayuri. Mayuri dodges, believing that he is still fast enough to dodge, but sees Uryū already above him. An arrow is seen connecting with Mayuri, slamming him to the ground and ripping off his left arm. Mayuri counters by releasing his Bankai, Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō.

"Zanpakuto's have two stages of release shikai and Bankai." Mayuri attacks with Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō, and Uryū prepares for the assault by creating a powerful spirit arrow. He releases it and the arrow is seen ripping apart the nearby buildings and speeding past the conflict area. Lieutenant Nemu calls for Mayuri, Who has a new hole in his torso from Uryū's arrow, and Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō, who has been completely split in half. Mayuri curses Uryū and reveals his last trick: he stabs himself with his Zanpakutō, turning himself into a liquid state. Mayuri comments on the battle, and escapes to recover his body. Meanwhile, Nemu helps Uryū by giving him an antidote for not killing Mayuri.

He then takes his leave, realizing his powers are gone. As Uryū makes his way to the senzaikyu he encounters Captain Kaname Tosen. Not wasting his time Tosen stands there in the way, "I'm sorry. But I have to kill you in order to restore piece." Tosen apologizes and releases his zanpakuto, Suzumushi against Uryu.

Feeling this sudden spiritual pressure Kuroki rushes from her spot making Yoruichi, Rei, yukio and Ichigo jump up. "Kuro, what's wrong?" They all looked taken back, when they saw the fear etched on her face. "Uryu's down. I can't tell what's going with Orihime but she may still be around. Uryu would never put her in harms way, he most likely told her to run." Kuroki said, looking forward. "Let's just hope Orihime is alright." Rei said and they nodded.