Chapter 134: Chaotic Situations

Rukia's pov

Ishihara burst into a set of fresh tears as we were sitting down out of the way of the doctors and nurses that surround Kuroki's bed, all of them trying their best to help her. I could feel my own anxiety arise as they were still working on her, they tried to kick us out of the room but Ishihara had become so hysterical about it that they decided to let us stay in the room. They couldn't get Ishihara out of the doorway when her monitors were going off, Rui and I stood side by side and sweatdropped as I watched two of the male nurses struggle to get Ishihara out the door. At some point the head doctor who was working on Kuroki, called the male nurses over to help him as they were sent a message from two of the Captains to let us stay in the hospital room. I had no clue who it was who sent that order but it was most likely Captain Ukitake and Captain Kyoraku, both of them cared deeply for Kuroki. From what I could sense, Captain Ukitake was out in the field with Ichigo and Captain Hitsugaya.

"Ishihara, they are going to do everything they can to help her. You have to calm down, if you continue being this worked up, you might end up passing out." I placed a hand on Ishihara's shoulder but it was no use in getting him to calm down, Rui and I looked to one another, our eyes full of concern. "I'll try." Rui brought Ishihara over to the corner of the couch and sat him down, trying his best to calm Ishihara. I knew things outside were still going bad, I could feel Sui Feng struggling against her opponent and Captain Mayuri was now battling a bount. I could also feel Toshihiro's spiritual pressure fluctuate, meaning he was out there fighting as well. Things were getting out of hand and I had no way of knowing how to help, I am still too weakened from the fight with that bount I fought. And I made a promise not just to Ichigo and Toshihiro but to myself that I would stay by Kuroki's side during this entire fight, she fought hard for me. I stared at her heart monitor, the doctors trying their best to help her. I took a deep breath, blocking out everything as I tried to focus on staying calm knowing that panicking would only make things worse. In moments like these, we needed to stay calm and it seemed that Rui understood this as well, though he had the task of calming Ishihara down since there was nothing I could possibly do to make him feel better. "You called?" My head snapped to the door where the female Doctor, who I presumed to have worked on Kuroki was standing, her long black hair tied back in a messy bun and glasses covering her sea-green eyes. "Yes, Doctor Kanoa. We've had trouble trying to bring down Miss Kurosaki's heart rate and warm her temperature back up." The doctor in charge said, Doctor Kanoa took Kuroki's chart from one of the nurses. She walked towards Kuroki's bed, her eyes still focused on the pages in front of her. "Why are those three still here?" She asked, I could only assume she was referring to the three of us. At this point, Rui had managed to calm Ishihara down enough where he wasn't outright causing a huge scene and was now only silently crying and sniffling.

"We couldn't remove them. It was at the request of Captain Ukitake and Captain Kuchiki. And before we even knew it was an order, the tall young man simply became too hysterical when we tried to remove them. We have no choice but to let them sit in." He explained.

"Byakuya was one of the captain's that told them not to remove us from the room? Does he know that Kuroki is in the Squad four hospital?

"Fine, it seems it can't be helped that they are still here. As long as you three stay out of the way, everything will be fine." She looked up at the three of us, Ishihara hiding behind Rui and I. Her stare was very intimidating so I don't blame him for being scared, "We promise to stay out of the way. Just promise us that you'll do everything you can to help Kuro." I stated, not letting her stare intimidate me.

"I will." She turned back to the chart, checking over her paperwork. I noticed that as she skimmed through the chart, her eyes seem to narrow at a specific part of Kuro's medical report. She gave the chart to a nurse that stood to her left and immediately rushed out of the room, pulling into cart which I imagined was filled with needles used for I.Vs. She began giving orders to the nurses, telling the other doctor's in the room to change her fluids as she prepared a needle with some sort of medication. "You three will not want to watch what's going to happen. Nurse Hen, hold her down. Close the curtain." One of the male nurses closed the curtain, my heart shattering when I heard Kuroki scream. It sounded so panicked and so painful, even Rui was greatly unsettled by the scream that left Kuroki. "Hold her down!!" Ishihara shot up from the couch to run towards the curtain but both Rui and I had to grab a hold of him, "Ishihara, let them do their job!! She'll be okay!!" Rui shouted, "No!! They're killing her. They don't understand just how scared she is of needles and doctors!!" He argued, I held him by his waist and tried to pull him back towards the couch but it wasn't exactly easy.