Chapter 141: Fight with All You've Got!

3rd person's pov

Toshiro and Toshihiro were both locked in a battle with Koga and his doll, Dalk. Toshiro jumps into the air, joining the dragon he created which Koga didn't like. The outcome was not looking too good for Dalk and Koga was starting to get concerned, "Stand down, Dalk." He said, "No, I can do this." Toshiro sends the dragon down onto Dalk, Toshihiro adding an attack to the one that was just thrown. "My heart will not allow to me to lose to a chunk of ice!" She threw herself at the dragon, ready to slash it to pieces but instead is swallowed up by the dragon and the attack sent by Toshihiro. Landing across from them on the opposite roof, Toshihiro watches the aftermath as the dragon disperses and leaves behind the frozen body of Dalk, who falls to the ground and shatters into millions of pieces. "She may be down but I doubt Koga is far from done fighting Captain Hitsugaya." Toshihiro thought to himself, Dalk apologizes to Koga about losing. "Don't apologize about it. You fought well." Koga said as he held Dalk's head which was the only piece left that was somewhat still held together. Dalk smiled at Koga, "I'm glad that I joined you." Dalk gives him one more smile before her head shatters into pieces, "Seems to me like Koga and Dalk's relationship is more than what we see. They must have really cared for one another. Like how zanpakuto spirits and their wielders care for one another." Toshihiro observed, behind Koga, Toshiro lands gracefully on his feet. "This is different from what was written in the reports. Bounts die once they lose their doll. Why is that?" He asked. Toshihiro jumped down from the roof, landing beside Toshiro. He was just as curious about this whole thing, Koga smirks at their confusion and delves into detail about the roles within his tribe.

"Then what was your role in your tribe?" Toshihiro quipped.

"My role is to train the young people to become full fledged bounts. Some grew up well and others failed." Koga explained. Toshiro growled, looking irritated with the explanation given to him.

"Where is this information coming from because I certainly didn't ask for it? This doesn't answer my question." Toshiro snapped.

"To answer your question, the reason I have not collapsed is because Dalk isn't really dead." He stated, making the two confused about what he meant. "Captain," Toshihiro warned, the two watching as the pieces in Koga's hand changes into a large battle axe. "What?" Toshihiro looked at the axe, "This is the core of Dalk, she lives within steel. You matched my expectations of your status as a captain seeing as I cannot go on any further in this fight without using my full power." Koga smirked, "I will warn you now... Should either of you choose to get in my way, I won't hold back in cutting you down." He threatened. Toshiro took a defensive stance, ready for anything thrown his way. "I'm not just going to let you go that easy." He stated.

"Toshihiro?" Toshiro called.

"Yes, Captain?"

"Stay back for this fight. I don't want you getting injured when we might need you later."

"But Captain-"

"No if, ands, or buts. Stay back. That's an order." Toshiro demanded.

"Fine." Toshihiro moved to a safer distance, keeping his eye on the fight as Toshiro turned his attention back to Koga.

"How smart of you to get your lieutenant to back down so he doesn't die because of your stubbornness." Koga chastised. "He's not my lieutenant. But he is the third seat of Squad Six, which belongs to Captain Kuchiki. I'm simply just keeping him out of the way so he doesn't go overboard." Toshiro argued. As Koga completes his reishi absorption, he creates a powerful surge that damages the area around him. Leaving Toshiro and Toshihiro astonished by its strength, "This is where the real fight begins." Toshiro thought to himself. Without hesitation, Toshiro activates his bankai, releasing a wave of white reiatsu that overwhelms Koga's and creates another ice dragon that coils around Toshiro to form his ice wings, claws, and petals. Though he is impressed, Koga refuses to lose and rushes forward alongside Toshiro to clash with him, causing their combined reiatsu to surge around them. Upon impact, Toshiro is pushed back and into the air and he quickly unleashes another dragon from the tip of his Zanpakuto that slams into the ground where Koga was standing. This forces Koga to evade while more dragons crash down and become pillars.

"Whoa.. Captain is taking this fight seriously.. His bankai is strong.. This is probably why he made Captain. But something tells me that Koga won't go down without a fight." Toshihiro watched the fight unfold, becoming more concerned with what he was feeling about the others who had been fighting the bounts. His mind wandered off to his Captain, wondering where Byakuya was at the moment. Turning his attention back to the fight, he watches on as four of the ice petals floating behind Toshiro shatter simultaneously.

Toshiro flies down between the ice pillars, only to be forced to dodge one when Koga slams his axe into the base, causing it to fall over and knocking over multiple other pillars in the process. Koga leaps up the fallen pillars and springs off the side of an intact one toward Toshiro. With the two fiercely clashing with one another, an explosion of reiatsu sends Koga flying back into another pillar. When Koga leaps toward him again, Toshiro unleashes another ice dragon that catches Koga in its jaws, forcing him to hold them open while the dragon gouges through the ground. Just as the fight was getting good, Toshihiro felt a surge in someone's energy and it unnerved him. He felt Kuroki and Ichigo's reiatsu spark which made him wonder, who is was. He knew that Toshiro could handle himself, yet he didn't want to leave the Captain's side until he was for sure not needed. But his curiosity got the best of him, he shunpoed away, following the reiatsu.