Chapter 14: Back to Back! A Fight to the Death

Kuroki's pov

Ichigo and Uryu stand in the middle of the street, staring intensely at each other. "This battle is no longer about who can defeat the most hollows. It's personal now." Ichigo said, looking to Uryu. "The hollows seem to be gathering there at that hole." Uryu said, as I sat back and my thoughts roam. My  thoughts roamed to the guy that I saw. Who was he?

Uryu runs off calling himself the last Quincy. "Rukia, what's a quincy?" I looked over at her, as she explains to us the extermination of the quincy's about 200 years ago. She then relays the information she learned from Kisuke to us.

"Quincy unlike soul reapers do not purify hollows, but they completely destroy them. The destruction of hollows upsets the balance of spirits. If the Quincy situation would not have been dealt with, it would have been the end of the world. Soul reapers were given the name "balancers" or regulators, because they destroyed the quincy population so they can maintain the spirit balance." Rukia explained, looking at Ichigo and Uryu.

"Is this the reason why you are fighting?" Ichigo asked, as I raised my eyebrow at Uryu.

"No, it's not. I fight for my sensei, who died right in front of my eyes. My sensei wanted to work together with the soul reapers, but was rejected every time he brought it up. He died while fighting five large hollows, and the soul reapers didn't show up until it was too late. I fight to prove the strength of the quincy to the soul reapers." Uryu explained, and Ichigo kicks him in the head.

"Your sensei's wish was not to prove the strength to the soul reapers, but to combine the two powers together." He and Uryu start fighting more hollows, that kept popping up. "Our mother was also killed by a hollow. I fight so no one will feel the pain my family felt, after our mother's death." I smiled at Ichigo's words, knowing it's true. I decided to step in fighting the hollows, and Uryu notices something. I look up, watching ad a giant hollow comes out of the sky.

"What is that Ichigo?" I watched the smaller hollows around us, begin to charge at us while we were distracted. "Rukia, what the hell is that thing?" I looked down at her, "It's a giant hollow that is born, when hundreds of hollows pile atop each other and intermingle. A Menos grande." She explained, as my eyes shifted back to the large hollow as it stepped out of the hole.

Rukia then tries to stop the two from fighting but Kisuke casts a spell called Shibireyubi, saying that the fight is necessary to all three of us. We begin attacking but none of them work, ichigo was thrown back. Uryu grabs onto both our zanpakuto's, pulling us back.

The Reiryoku Ichigo is releasing flows through his sword, causing Uryū's bow to grow bigger. "You should control your reiryoku and increase it to its maximum output." Uryu said, but ichigo seemed very confused and suggested that it's always on full blast. In my mind, I could hear the guy I met earlier voice. The menos creates this giant red ball of energy, called a cero and Ichigo attacks it. He blocks the cero with his zanpakuto, reflecting it back at the Menos damaging it and causing it to retreat back into the hole in sky. The crack disappears and Ichigo collapses. I rush towards him to make sure he's okay. He was still releasing that energy, so Uryu steps on his zanpakuto and starts to shoot it with his arrows. The guys voice became louder and hold my head, causing Kon to rush to my side. "Kuro, are you alright?" Kon's voice became distorted and I passed out, no longer being able to handle the pain.

I wake up to find myself in the same place where I met that guy, I stood up and started walking but something was different there was a strong wind blowing. I held my arms, shaking from the cold winds. "Hey white haired guy, where are you?" I shouted but then the wind started blowing harder, which knocked me down. But I didn't hit the ground, I was caught by somebody. I opened my eyes as they landed on the dude from earlier.

"You look cold. Here." He picks me up and holds me close to him. He then wraps his cape around me, walking us somewhere. In the far distance, I spotted a small cottage. "Where are you taking me?" Our eyes met and for some reason, I suddenly felt like I knew his name. But before I could say anything, I felt my eyes close. When I opened them, I realized that I was back home but didn't see Ichigo which worried me.

"Hey, take it easy. You passed out back there, after I collapsed." Ichigo appeared by my side in an instant, pushing me back down. 

"Hey Ichigo?" His eyes locked with mine, as he sat back. "Yeah, what is it?" He asked, "Did we win?" I asked, this only makes him smile as he nods at me. I smile back, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Can you stay here for now?" My eyes were closed, as my head laid against his chest. "Yeah, I'll stay here." He said, I could feel his small smile as he wrapped his arm around me. "Thanks Ichigo. I love you." I didn't have to look up at him to know he was smiling, "I love you too, Kuroki." My eyes shot open and my smile dropped, realizing what he had just called me.

"Ichigo!!!!!"

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to call you by your full name!" He shook his head, as he unwrapped his arms from around me. He quickly backed away from me, as I stood up with a pillow in my hand.

"It's too late to apologize, Strawberry." I stalked towards him with the pillow, as he continued to back away from me.

"No, no! Wait, what are you gonna do with that pillow?" He held out his hands to stop me, but I swung at him. He dodges the pillow quickly moving away, as I put a hole in the wall.

"Ichigo!" I turn around and start chasing him, as he runs out the room downstairs around the table that Dad, Yuzu and Karin were sitting at.

"Looks like he called her, by her full name again." Karin sighed, I swung the pillow at him finally hitting him. He hits the ground and I start hitting him more, he shields himself with his arms.

"Hey stop!! That actually hurts! You hit like a man!" He yelled, making me hit him harder with my pillow. "Strawberry, you shouldn't have said that." Dad came over to us, shaking his head at the two of us. "Hey kuro why don't you, Ichigo and your dear old dad have a pillow fight?" I was stepping on Ichigo's stomach, when he said that and looked over at him. Dad had this funny look on his face, which dropped when he saw my face. "No, thank you!" I smacked him so hard, that he hit the wall and made a dent.