Chapter 11: The lengendary Quincy

Kuroki's pov

Our P.E. teacher, Coach Kagine was yelling at us in the principal's office for our behavior on the show, I stood in between Ichigo and Rukia as he continued to yell at us and our friends for not stopping us. Tatsuki intervened saying Orihime and herself had nothing to do with what happened, before excusing herself from the meeting. Keigo, who happened to be standing on the other side of Ichigo tried to leave but was pulled back by Coach Kagine. Rukia starts weeping about not stopping us, making coach Kagine try to comfort her. While she did this, I climbed on Ichigo's back and we got out through the window, while Rukia went through the door. I stayed on Ichigo's back, as we walked down school grounds. "Thank you so much Rukia, for saving us from getting in trouble." Keigo thanked Rukia, as we were walking.

"You were trying to sell me out-" Ichigo was interrupted by Rukia's phone going off. So she pretends that its something Ichigo, her and I have to talk about alone and we leave. 

"Sorry Keigo!!" I shouted, as we ran away.

We come across an alleyway ready to fight but the hollow we thought we had seen, wasn't there and in it's place was a fat spirit. He came up to Ichigo, who didn't really like him. "There was a hollow, but I don't know what killed it." He whined and Ichigo kicks him in the face, so Rukia performed a konso on the ghost. "Ruki, how is this possible? What do you think could have killed it?" I asked, as we walked home. 

"I'm not sure." Rukia thought for a while, I looked back at the street thinking what killed that hollow.

~  

The next day we celebrated, since Orihime placed third in ranking for an academic assessment. I came in fourth place, which was awesome for me. "Wow, you came in fourth place!" Rukia said, turning to face me. "That's amazing." Tatsuki said, I thanked her with a large smile and ducked out of the little crowd to see Ichigo.

"AHHHH! You came in 23rd place for the boys assessment. You betrayed our 'below 50' pact." Keigo screamed, trying to replace Ichigo with Chad. "I came in eleventh place." Chad pointed out, making Keigo and Mizuiro freak out and run away. I laughed because of their reactions, as Ichigo scoffs and looks who came in first for boys reading off the name. "Ishida Ametatsu, I've never heard of him." Ichigo said, which got me to stop laughing. "Me neither." I said, "He's in our class his name is Uryu Ishida." Orihime said, I look down trying to remember him. "Oh, I think I remember him now!" I said out loud, while ichigo was still trying to remember him. I was talking with Ichigo about something and Rukia comes running up, grabbing us and pulls us away from our friends. As we run, Ichigo bumps into a quiet guy with glasses and barely has time to yell out he's sorry. Instead he turns back with that eerie look of his reflective glasses, he brushes off his shoulder without saying a word.

Later, we come across an empty street with no hollow making me angry. "Ughhhhhhhh!!! AGAIN!!! Who keeps killing our hollows?!!!" I shout angrily, making Ichigo slap a hand over my mouth. "Shut up, do you want everyone to hear you?" He reprimanded me and suddenly a white-clad figure appears in the darkness.

"Hello Rukia, Ichigo, Kuroki." His greeting seemed full of malice and I didn't like it one bit, neither did I like him using my full name. "Don't call me Kuroki! It's Kuro!" I said, completely agitated. "More importantly, who are you and how do you know my name and my sister's name?" Ichigo asked, taking a stand in front of me. "I know you both can see ghosts." He said, making my eyes widen. "How the hell does he know we can see ghosts?" I thought to myself.

"There's a new hollow in this area." He said, as Rukia's phone beeps and yet he knows where to go, I was beginning to get suspicious of this guy. "You can't even tell the location of the hollow yet you both call yourself soul reapers." I got irritated and Ichigo held me back and we follow. The cross around his wrist glows releasing energy and formed a blue bow and arrow made out of spirit energy, he releases an arrow and it hit the hollow off in the far distance. How did he get it from that far? 

"Who the hell are you?" Ichigo asked the question I was going to ask, as the person turns to face us. 

"My name is Uryu Ishida, the last Quincy and I hate soul reapers just like you and Kuroki." He said and I got agitated again, "For the last time it's Kuro, not Kuroki!" I yelled, getting ready to pounce but Ichigo quickly grabbed me by the waist and pulled me away.

"Let me at him! I hate being called Kuroki! Ichigo, put me down!" He had thrown me over his shoulder and Rukia walked beside him. "Calm down, Kuro. Just calm down." He said, "No, I will not calm down Ichigo, he called me Kuroki. Nobody is allowed to call me by my full name!!!" I beat my fists against his back.

~~

The next day Ichigo and I started wondering more about Uryu, Ichigo seemed to not like him and as for me I hated him. Ichigo couldn't remember his name, so Orihime helped him. "I say his name to myself all the time in the handicraft club." Orihime stated, "WHAT?!! THE HANDICRAFT CLUB?!!" Ichigo and I shouted I unison, we peek in the classroom to see Uryu stitching up a stuffed doll in a quick and proficient way. 

"Did something between you two and Uryu?" Orihime asked, "No, no. Nothing really." Ichigo grabbed my arm, dragging me away from her. "Bye Orihime!" I waved, as she smiles and waved back.

He kept dragging me around, following after Uryu. "How long are you going to keep following me?" Uryu asked. "How did you-" Uryu turns to us, "I was aware of you, Kuroki and Orihime spying on me back at the handicrafts club." He said, making me agitated. "For the last time it's not Kuroki! It's Kuro!!" I said, "I can sense you both, because you let your spiritual pressure leak out all over the place." He said, "It seems you both don't have the ability to sense those with high spiritual pressure especially since you haven't noticed me until today. All along, I've noticed both of your massive proportion of spiritual powers and that you both gained soul reaper powers around the month of may. I'm also aware of Rukia's true identity." Uryu pushed up his glasses and a long, white fabric strips appear floating around Uryu.

"Ichigo, what is that?" I asked, looking over his shoulder. "They are spirit threads, it's spiritual pressure condensed and visualized." Ichigo said. Uryu reaches out, grabbing a red and purple spirit ribbon. "Every soul reapers spirit thread is a different color." Uryu explains and then he challenges ichigo and I to battle with him, to prove who is superior and soul reapers are unnecessary. I growled at him, losing my temper easily. That's always happened. I've always been able to lose my temper so quickly. "We have nothing to do with your resentment towards soul reapers, this is ridiculous." Ichigo stated, "You both are just scared because, you both are only temporary soul reapers and not a real one." He taunted and I growled at him, I was about to run towards him but ichigo grabbed me and held me back. Ichigo accepts his challenge and pulls out Kon and Mari from his bag, handing her to me. I sighed, taking  Mari out of his hands. I pulled out the pill and swallowed it, "Mari, Kon.. You might want to stand out of the way. Things are about to become crazy."