Chapter 61: Senbonzakura Crushed! Zangetsu Thrusts Through The Sky!

3rd person's pov

In the aftermath of the Shunko attack, Sui-Feng is standing in the middle of a trench, dug out by the technique, still burning at it's edges. However, Sui-Feng and the ground around her is unaffected by this. "Why didn't you tell me about this technique before, when I was younger?" Sui-Feng asked, "I didn't tell you because it was way too dangerous for you to handle." Enraged by this comment she attacks Yoruichi but Yoruichi stops her with Hanki. Suì-Fēng fails to understand how Yoruichi still surpasses her after a century of isolation. As she resumes her Shunkō and attacks again, recalling on her childhood and her previous relationship with Yoruichi until the day Yoruichi left the Soul society and Sui-Feng alike. In her rage, Suì-Fēng moves again to attack with a Shunkō.

In a flashback, Suì-Fēng recalls seeing Yoruichi for the first time, and training with her, and eventually being taken under Yoruichi's wing. Suì-Fēng idolized Yoruichi and was happy with her, even in the midst of battle. Then one day, Yoruichi disappeared from the Seiritei, and Suì-Fēng was overcome by her mentor's betrayal. In present, Suì-Fēng continues her Shunkō assault, and launches a wild attack that Yoruichi easily blocks with Shunkō. Her resolve collapsing and tears beginning to flow down her cheeks, Suì-Fēng begs Yoruichi for an explanation as to why she was left behind, and final collapses in tears at Yoruichi's feet.

Elsewhere, Tetsuzaemon and Ikkaku toss a container of sake back and forth as they watch the explosions from Yoruichi and Sui-Feng. "Did you run into Ichigo's sister?" Ikkaku asked, "Nope, not once. You?" Tetsuzaemon asked, "Nope. But my captain has twice. He thinks she is as worthy as an opponent like her brother." Ikkaku explained. "Do you really think he'll win against Captain Kuchiki?" Tetsuzaemon asked, "I hope so. He has already beaten my captain before." Ikkaku said, "You know I heard that his sister, also fought a captain." Tetsuzaemon said, "What?! Which captain?" Ikkaku moved closer to him, "It was Captain Hitsuguya. She also ran into Rangiku and Captain Ukitake earlier on." He said, making Ikkaku gape. The two keep going back and forth with the sake, until it runs out. "Let's say we play a game of rock, paper, scissors. Whoever loses has to buy more sake." Ikkaku said, "Alright, then your on." Tetsuzaemon said, as the two turned towards each other. "Rock, paper, scissors, shoe!" They both yelled, since Tetsuzaemon lost he has to but more sake. He takes high ground, but is then distracted by the fight going on over on Sokyoku hill. Turning back to sake, the battle for the sake begins.

Toshihiro happened to stumble upon the two when he was searching for Kuroki, Renji and Rukia. "What the hell are you two doing?" He asked, "We're playing rock, paper, scissors to see who has to buy more sake. Wanna join?" Tetsuzaemon asked, looking at Toshihiro. "No, why would I? There are battles going on around the Seiritei and you two are here playing Rock, paper, scissors like it's no big deal?" Toshihiro demanded, "Yeah, what's your problem, man?" Ikkaku stood up, growling angrily at him. "My problem is that you two are getting wasted, while the Seiritei is in chaos!!" Toshihiro yelled, before flash stepping away to keep looking for his friends.

Meanwhile, at Sōkyoku Hill, Ichigo is locked in a battle with Byakuya, the effects of which are seen and sensed throughout the Seireitei. In the distance from where Renji was headed, Kuroki could feel everything as her brother fought. "Kuro, don't worry. Yoruichi trained you guys well." Rukia said, trying to comfort her best friend.

"Show your bankai. I won't allow you to hunt down Rukia. Only a monster would threaten to kill his little sister!" Ichigo said angrily, "I do not intend to kill you and then Rukia, you have to earn the right to die by my Bankai." Byakuya stated and releases his shikari, Senbonzakura. Ichigo seems to be about to take a hit from Senbonzakura, but repels it with a flash of energy emitted from his sword. The flash tears through the hill and through Byakuya's left arm, cutting off his glove. "Is that your zanpakuto's special power?" Byakuya asked staying rather calm, "When I swing my sword, all of my spiritual pressure is absorbed by my zanpakuto and released as a super high density beam which greatly amplifies the swing. I wasn't too sure on how to use this technique at will until I used it against your senbonzakura. It's name is Getsuga Tensho. I demand to see your bankai. I will defeat you no matter what." Ichigo said and Byakuya glared at him.

Meanwhile in another part of the Seiritei....

"It seems time is drawing near for Aizen, Gin and Tosen to make their move. They'll probably take me with them. But for right now, I need to keep track of Kuroki Kurosaki and the two others. Aizen will most certainly want them both." A person in the shadows thought as he watched Renji running with Kuroki and Rukia in his arms. Rei and Yukio were now heading towards Central 46. "Do you think captain Hitsuguya and Rangiku are headed there too?" Yukio asked his brother, "Most likely. But that doesn't mean that their friends are. It's most likely that Orihime, Chad and Uryu are heading to Sokyoku hill. Because ichigo is up there but Kuroki isn't." Rei spoke in a stoic tone, "How can you stay so calm about this?" Yukio yelled, "Because I know when to control my emotions better than I can say for you." Rei said, making his twin gape at him.

"That's so mean, Rei. Why are you so cruel to your twin?" Yukio exaggerated, "Because I can be. And you are making too big of a deal out of nothing, so I'd appreciate it if you would shut up and let me think of a plan to keep Kuroki safe." Rei said, "To keep her safe from what?" Yukio asked, "From Seiji, Kaname Tosen and Gin Ichimaru." Rei looked to his brother, "But why?" He asked, still confused. "Because I believe they planned something to get the Hogyoku." Yukio's eyes widened at his twin's theory. Maybe he was right about this.