Chapter 66: Aizen retreats! A New Discovery is Made!

3rd person's pov

When the dust clears off it can be seen that Aizen has blocked Komamura's mighty blow barehanded. "You have betrayed the Soul Society, and you will not be forgiven for it." Komamura said and then turns to his close friend, Kaname Tosen. "This will apply to you as well." He said. He then has a flashback depicting Tōsen and his first meeting, both of them joining Gotei 13 and serving in the 5th division under Aizen's command as a lieutenant. Komamura uses his Tenken and swings a blow at Aizen, who jumps clear of the hit. He uses the dust cloud to release his Kyoka Suigetsu and appears to land near Tōsen. Komamura follows him, demanding Tōsen explains his actions. Receiving no answer, he starts to summon his Bankai, but is flabbergasted to find Aizen standing right beside him. As the illusion Aizen dissipates, Aizen uses kurohitsugu to attack Komamura, severely injuring and incapacitating him.

"He can use a level 90 kido without an incantation." Gin explained. "The attack only had a third of its potential power, and is therefore a failure." Aizen was about to explain more just as Orihime, Chad, Uryu, Ganju and Makizo arrive at the scene. "Oh no," Chad said, "Rukia!! Kuroki!!" Orihime went to run to her friends but was stopped by Gin, who raised his reiatsu. "I told you not to call me that." Kuroki said, with a slight smile still in Aizen's hands. "I massacred the Central 46 after I found you in the human world. I used Kyoka Suigetsu to-" Before Aizen could continue, Kuroki started laughing.

"What are you laughing at?" Gin asked, "You three are complete idiots. It was you doing most of the work, so why did you need two other conspirators to help you? I cannot believe nobody went to actually talk to the Central 46. If you people did, then you would have found out earlier and we wouldn't have been accused of killing a Captain. Our only objective during this mission was to save Rukia. That was the only reason we came in the first place, you assholes." She spit on his face, but he remained calm.

"The orders to arrest and execute Rukia was our idea. After the two captain meetings, which forced all three of us captains to leave the Central 46 Compound, I faked my death and hid underground. The execution, was necessary to remove the Hōgyoku from her body. Because I knew Rukia's ryoka friends might save her, I knew that the execution might fail, and therefore made a backup plan in the form of a special device, created by Kisuke which breaks up the soul's cohesion and allows separation between the soul and the object within it." Kuroki growled at him, getting frustrated with Aizen.

"You bastard! Dragging Rukia into your stupid plan. I can't wait to get my hands on you." Kuroki's reiatsu was rising dramatically due to her anger, "Whoa, she has such a big reiatsu. How can she hold that in?" Sui Feng asked, "That's amazing." Uryu said, as Aizen throws her over his shoulder. "Bastard! What the hell do you think you're doing?" She wriggled around. Aizen's right hand is transformed covered by the same matter as the spikes, and while a pale pink lightning passes between the spikes, Aizen pushes his left hand through Rukia's chest.

"Rukia!!" Kuroki wriggled more, not staying in one spot. Aizen finds a piece of the Hogyoku, and removes it quickly. Rukia's body falls to the ground, the gaping hole in her chest slowly closes and she appears unharmed.

He then takes Kuroki off his shoulder and does the same to Kuroki, but this was a little different. With her wriggling and panicking, he opened one of the wounds she sustained during her battle with Seiji. He found the piece and pulled it out quickly. Kuroki gasped and spit up blood onto Aizen, "Kuroki!!" Ichigo yelled, staring in shock and concern.

"I... thought.... I told you..... not to call.... Me.... That." She chuckled weakly, before Aizen dropped her onto the ground. Rukia rushes to her friend, trying to stop the wound from bleeding. "Since I have no further use for them both. Gin, please dispose of them." Rukia held Kuroki close out of fear. "Shoot to kill, Shinso." Gin turned to them and everyone yelled. Ichigo sat up and a spray of blood is seen but to everyone's surprise, the blood comes from Byakuya, who snatched Rukia and Kuroki from Aizen's hand before the attack connected.