Chapter 35: Tragedy of Dawn

3rd person's pov

As Kuroki's walked towards ichigo, she collapses at the same time Renji does. Ichigo collapses a minute afterwards. "Oh no, miss Kuroki, Ichigo." Hanatoro cried out as Ganju and Hanatoro rushed to their aid. "The other soul reapers are coming soon, you should get out of here." Toshihiro strained out to them, "Hanatoro you carry Kuro, I got Ichigo." Hanatoro nods and picks up Zangetsu. He hands Ganju Fuyuki, so Ganju puts him on his waist belt. He then picks up Kuroki and they walk off, four figures appear including lieutenant Izuru Kira arrive to help Renji. "No way, Lieutenant Abarai was defeated." A soul reaper said in surprise, as they heave him up. "Even the third seat of squad six was beaten too." Two soul reapers rush over to Toshihiro and help him up. "Ku-ro-ki." He whispered, as they held him up. 

"He said the name of one the ryoka." The soul reaper called out to lieutenant Kira, who seemed confused.

Underground, Hanatoro and Ganju set down both sibling next to each other. "Squad four is trained in healing." Hanatoro explained to Ganju, "They both were able to survive with wounds like these. They truly are powerful. They have an astonishing will to live. I'll heal them." Hanatoro thinks to himself. "Ganju, I need a favor. Can you start wrapping Miss Kuroki's wounds, while I heal Ichigo?" Ganju nodded and got started. Rei and Yukio show up in the same room as Lieutenant Momo and lieutenant Izuru. "Who did this to those two?" Rei asked, he was suspicious of it being the twins. After hearing what happened with Rukia and how the twins encountered Renji, Rei knew that he needed to find them. "The Kurosaki siblings. Apparently, Renji was going head to head with Ichigo Kurosaki and his sister went up against Toshihiro." Momo explained, "This isn't good." Yukio looked down at the state he was in. Both Rei and Yukio belonged to squad 13 with Rukia, but they are close friends with Renji and the other lieutenants. "I hope Kuro is alright. Please be alright, Kuro." Rei thought to himself. "I will not allow any relief to him as punishment for his failure in battle, the same goes for Toshihiro." Byakuya stated, appearing behind the four of them.

"What?! But Captain Kuchiki, don't you care about them at all?!!" Yukio yells after Byakuya, who completely ignored him. "But Renji and Toshihiro need help. How can they recover when-" Izuru stops Momo in fear of what could happen to her disobeying a superior's orders. As Byakuya leaves, they run into captain Gin Ichimaru. "Captain, what are you doing here?" Izuru asked, "I heard what happened to Lieutenant Abarai and third seat Arata. You shouldn't depend on that man caring for his own Lieutenant and third seat. I'll defy his orders and tell the Fourth division to heal them both." Gin said with his fox-like grin, Yukio didn't really trust Gin's fox like smile. "Thanks so much, Captain Ichimaru!" Momo smiled and Izuru leaves with them. After they leave, Captain Hitsuguya appears joining in the array. "Hey Captain Hitsuguya, what are you doing here?" Yukio asked, "I think you should all be careful around Gin." Toshiro then remembers how Aizen accused Gin of having a hand in the ryoka matters during the last captain's meeting.

Meanwhile, Seiji who is in on everything, watches the entire Seiritei and everything that has been going on. "So Ichigo fought with Renji? And Kuroki fought with Toshihiro and both members of squad six lost. This is getting interesting." He thought to himself, with a dark look on his face. In a later Captain's meeting, the Head Captain announces that the ryoka problem is getting out of hand. He authorizes the release of Zanpakuto inside the court, the Captains' seem quite pleased with this as the Head Captain calls out for a war on the ryoka.

Underground in a sewer system Hanatoro had started patching Ichigo up, who regains consciousness and tries to stand up. "I have to save Rukia. We have to save her. Where is my sister?" Ichigo tries to pick up Zangetsu, "Ichigo, I'm not finished treating you yet. Kuroki is gonna be alright, I've already treated her but you need to let me heal you." Hanatoro stands up and tries to stop him, but Ichigo doesn't listen.

"Ichigo, stop this right now." Ganju gets the upper hand and knocks him out cold, "Here Hanatoro, you can finish your treatment now." He laid Ichigo down on the ground softly, and looked over at Hanatoro. "Oh great another wound to deal with. Huh? What's this?" He pulls out Ichigo's mask, "This must have stopped Ichigo from receiving the fatal blow." He sets the mask down next to Ichigo. Kuroki had been laying on the other side of Hanatoro, she groaned loudly meaning that she was beginning to wake up. "Miss Kuroki, are you feeling any better?" Hanatoro turned around, helping her sit up. "It's Kuro, not Kuroki. My body just feels sore but other than that, I feel fine." She smiled lightly looking at the ground. She looked up to him, "Thanks Hanatoro, for taking care of me and for helping Ichigo. I'm so grateful." She hugged Hanatoro, taking him by surprise. "It's okay. It's nothing really, are you okay?" He asked, and she let go of him. "Yeah, I'm just worried about Toshihiro. I'm glad he said what he said, I know now he cares for me deep down. I just hope he doesn't get into to much trouble for losing his battle." She scooted over to Ganju, as Hanatoro started healing Ichigo again. "Are you feeling alright? You look so down." Ganju asked, "I'm just tired. Although I've beaten a strong opponent, I know there are others far stronger than him. Like the Captain I ran into, he had huge spiritual pressure." She clenched her hand into a fist.

"You are most certainly right. You fought the third seat of squad six and beat him. The only captain, I can think of that has an immense spiritual pressure would be Captain Kenpachi Zaraki." Hanatoro said, looking back down at Ichigo. "I have to get stronger, so I can save Rukia." She clenched her fists tighter.

In the holding cell, both Renji and Toshihiro have been placed under arrest but have been cared for by squad four. "Oh, Renji." Momo thinks back to what happened back then when Izuru, Renji and her attended the Shin'o academy. She questions the motives of the ryoka, another soul reaper appears and tells Momo of the head captain's latest orders about the zanpakuto releases. After all of this and Captain Hitsuguya's warning, Momo goes to seek comfort from Captain Sosuke Aizen. When she gets there she asks if she can talk to him and he nods telling her to come in.

Back underground, Ichigo had finally woken up. "Ichigo, you're awake!!" Kuroki throws herself onto her brother, "Kuro, I see you're all healed up too." He smiled and hugged her back. "So, how do you think Renji and Toshihiro are doing?" Ichigo turns serious and Kuroki lets go of her brother.

"I'm guessing they both are squad four's care." Hanatoro stated.

In the fifth division, Aizen is reassuring Momo of things as he is writing away. They discuss the earlier ruling at the captains meeting, "Can I stay with you until I feel better?" Momo asked, "Sure, it's no problem." Aizen smiles at her, and after a while she falls asleep. The next morning Aizen places a blanket over lieutenant Hinamori and gets ready to leave as someone watches over him, later on Hinamori wakes up with a start. "I'm so sorry captai-" She stopped noticing that he wasn't there, as his alarm clock suddenly goes off.

"Oh no, I'm gonna be late!!" Momo rushes off out of Aizen's barracks, heading to the scheduled lieutenant's meeting but is distracted by something. A drop of blood hits her face, which slows her down and looks up to see something terrible. She lets out a loud scream which is heard by the other lieutenants, who rush to her aid. "Momo, what's wro-" Rangiku's eyes widened at seeing that Aizen had been murdered, impaled to the wall by his own zanpakuto.