Special Chapter: Happy Birthday Sixteenth Birthday, Ichigo and Kuroki!!

Kuroki's pov

I woke up with the sun shining in my face, I groaned and turned onto my side as I slightly opened them, but was immediately blinded by the sunlight shining into the room. I closed my eyes, turning back onto my right side and easily fell back asleep, but that wasn't before I heard a large thud come from inside our room. "Good morning!! And Happy Birthday, my lovely twins'!!! You are growing up so fast!!!" I sat up, rubbing my eyes as Dad shouted at the top of his lungs. "Dad, why do you have to be so loud in the morning?!" Ichigo shouted, as I saw him toss a pillow at Dad which hit him in the face. Dad only laughed loudly, before trying to tackle Ichigo. This only made Ichigo annoyed, so he kicked him in the face, which knocked Dad on his back. I let out an amused chuckle, watching Dad twitch on the floor. He suddenly sprung to his feet, wrapping his arms around me which got made me giggle at the sudden action. I didn't want to push Dad away this time, I was too happy to see him like this. "Happy birthday, my beautiful sweetheart!!!" I laughed, wrapping my arms around Dad to hug him back. "Thanks, Dad." I smiled, as Ichigo only sighed and shook his head at the two of us. When Dad left the room, I gathered my clothes and grabbed Ichigo's gift I had hidden under my pillow. "Happy birthday, Ichi." I handed him the small gift wrapped box, making him look at me with a smile. "Thank you and here you go, Kuro. Happy Birthday." I took the gift from him, opening it to see that he had gotten me a nice picture frame of the two of us and our friends. I smiled brightly, throwing my arms around him, giving him a big hug to which he returned and ruffled my hair. Ichigo and I took our showers, got dressed and headed downstairs towards the kitchen for breakfast.

We sat the table but had not seen any sign of Yuzu, Karin or Dad which was odd. I looked over at Ichigo and the two of us made eye contact, wondering where those three could have gone. Suddenly party hats were strapped to both our heads, while Karin placed a cake down in front of us with sixteen candles on them, all brightly lit up. Dad had each of his arms wrapped around Ichigo and I, holding us closely and the three of them began singing. "Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Ichigo and Kuro!!! Happy Birthday to you!!" I smiled brightly, looking to Ichigo, who looked annoyed. He and I blew out the candles, despite him being so grumpy. "I can't believe how big you two are getting.... Oh Masaki, our kids are so big now!! They'll leave me soon and not wanna come back home to visit." Dad cried loudly, as he rushed over to the poster of Mom on the wall. He plastered himself to the poster, crying a large stream of anime tears. I looked down at the cake, my smile fading a bit as I thought of Mom. 

"Here you go, we got presents for you." Yuzu and Karin handed us two presents each, I opened Yuzu's to find that she hand tailored a beanie and a matching sweatshirt. Karin had gotten me an autograph of one of my favorite J-pop artist along with a CD of their latest album. "Thank you so much, you two." I wrapped the two of them in a hug, smiling as I saw Ichigo smile at his gifts.

"Kuro, Ichigo... I got both of you something." Dad each handed us a small white gift wrapped box, I took the gift from him and looked up at him.

"Open it," He nodded.

I looked back down at the gift, before opening it and found the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. "Your mother and I wanted to give you these when you turned sixteen... So your Mom made it a point to get these before something happened to either one of us." Dad explained, my eyes filled with tears as I remembered something Mom said when I was younger.

Flashback....

"Oh, happy birthday my beautiful twins'." Mom smiled, wrapping us in a large hug. I giggled softly as Mom planted kisses on my face and Ichigo's, the two of had just turned six. As we sat in front of the cake, Mom handed Ichigo and I a gift wrapped box. "Now, I want both of you to take care of these items I am giving you. You have to promise me that you will take care of them, for me." Mom smiled, bending down in front of our chair. "We promise!" Ichigo and I said in unison, making Dad chuckle lightly as he held Karin and Yuzu.