Chapter 38: Zaraki Kenpachi approaches

3rd person's pov

"Damn it Ichigo, you idiot!" Kuroki smacked her brother on the head, "What was that for?" Ichigo yelled, looking over to her. "For being an idiot. Why don't you let me go find Yoruichi?!!" Kuroki snapped, glaring at Ichigo. "Because, you have to stay close to me. What if Toshihiro came after you again?" Ichigo said to his sister with worry and she kicked him in the face. "You think I can't handle him?!!" She yelled in annoyance, staring down at her brother.

"That's not what I said!! I'm just worried that he might come after you again." Ichigo stood up, "You idiot! He's not gonna come after me again, if I already beat him once." She yelled at Ichigo, "Uhhh guys...." Hanatoro started. "I don't think they're gonna hear you, Hanatoro." Ganju sweat-dropped, watching at the two siblings arguing.

"And I said that he wasn't gonna come after me again!" Kuroki got in Ichigo's face, "And I said that he might!" Ichigo and Kuroki growled at each other.

"Those two are always fighting. How are we gonna keep them separated?" Ganju sighed, as he thought to himself. Suddenly a large reiatsu appears and they all feel it, "What is that?" Ganju asked, "No, this can't be. But why? How? Oh no. It's Captain Kenpachi Zaraki." Kuroki's eyes widened, as she tries to breath. "Kuro, don't push yourself too hard." Hanatoro shouted to her from his spot.

Meanwhile, Momo is sitting in her jail cell remembering the events that led up to Aizen's death. Rangiku came in to check on her, she wanted to make sure Momo was okay. "Hey Momo, we found this letter in Captain Aizen's barracks. It's addressed to you and so we decided to give it to you to read." Rangiku passed the letter through the cell bars and Momo takes it. "How is it outside?" Momo asked Rangiku, "Squad five is in complete chaos. Everything has been a total mess. Not only that but apparently there is another ryoka we don't know about. He entered the seinkaimon when Ichigo Kurosaki and the others came. But we have no idea who he is. Not only that but both Rei and Yukio have gone missing. Nobody has seen them since you found Aizen." Rangiku said to Momo looking down. "You shouldn't have done what you did. Now, you're sitting a jail cell." Rangiku rebukes Momo, "I'm sorry, Rangiku. I hope you find Rei and Yukio." She apologized to Rangiku. "Do you think the other ryoka could have anything to do with Captain Aizen's death?" Momo asked Rangiku, "It's possible. But then again possible that this ryoka knows Ichigo and his friends. He could be in kahoots with them." Rangiku left and Momo opens the letter, revealing that it is Aizen's will. In the letter, he says that he knew he was being followed and is sorry that he worried her. "He must have written this before I came to visit him that night." Momo's eyes widened as he reveals everything that had been going on.

Rei and Yukio who have moved underground are trying to find ichigo and his friends. "Rei, what is that?" Yukio struggled to speak as he and Rei felt Captain Zaraki's reiatsu. "This is Captain Zaraki's reiatsu. You don't think he found Kuroki and Ichigo, do you?" Rei looked at his brother and their eyes widened. They struggled to stand up, while above ground the others are still immobilized by Kenpachi's reiatsu. "We have to get out of here." Ichigo looked to his sister, who was now standing up. Hanatoro collapses and from a close range Kenpachi is watching their every move, Ganju picks Hanatoro up and Kenpachi decides Ichigo and Kuroki are worthy foes. "He's up there." Ichigo figures out that he was on a nearby roof, both Ichigo and Kuroki feel as if Kenpachi's reiatsu has impaled them. "Oh god, we have to get out of here. But how? He already found us. Oh god. This isn't good. Since Ichigo and I are the strongest out of all four of us, he'll want to fight us." Kuroki thought to herself and Ichigo remembers back to his fight with Ikkaku in order to remember Kenpachi's name.

All while this happens, Rukia sits in the cell by the window and feels something which worried her. "Ichigo, kuroki.... please leave here alive. Please." Rukia thinks to herself as she stares out the window. Lieutenant Yachiru pops up from behind Kenpachi, "Wow it looks like the poor guy can't handle your reiatsu, Kenny." Yachiru notes as she watched the four on the ground. "Who is she? I didn't see her before when I first ran into Kenpachi. Is she his lieutenant?" Kuroki thought to herself as she looked at Yachiru, "Who are you?" Ichigo tenses up, "I'm lieutenant Yachiru of the 11th division." Yachiru introduced herself to the group. "Ganju, can you do me a favor?" Ichigo slightly turns his head to Ganju, "Yeah, what is it?" He asked, "Take Hanatoro and Kuro and get out of here." Ganju nods, knowing not to argue with him.

"Ichigo, I can't leave you here by yourself! I won't leave you like that. You promised to me before we came here that we would stay together no matter what." Kuroki protested, "And I meant that. But here is not the place that I want you to be. You are going with Ganju and Hanatoro and that's final." Ichigo said sternly, "But Ichigo! I can't abandon you! Not with someone like-" Ichigo cut his sister off, "Listen to me Kuroki Misaki Kurosaki, you are going with Ganju whether you like it or not! I don't care if you don't want to leave me behind. All I care about is your safety. So go with Ganju and that's final!" Ichigo yelled at his sister, her eyes widened as he called her by her full name.

"Alright, I'll go." Ganju picked her up slinging her over his shoulder and took off, not bothering to look back. "Be careful, Ichigo. Please come back to me alive." Kuroki thought with tears in her eyes, as Ganju got further away from them. "Look here, all I want to do is fight. I don't care about who you are trying to protect or anything." Kenpachi smirked at Ichigo, who gets prepared. "He's open. His stance is not that defensive. Maybe I can get my first cut on him." Ichigo thought to himself, "I'll tell you what, how about I give you a free cut?" Kenpachi offered, "Alright, that's fine." Ichigo said, but afterwards Kenpachi started to taunt him. Finally Ichigo gets ticked off and charges at Kenpachi.

Hanatoro suddenly wakes up, "Hey, what's going on?" He asked, making Ganju trip over with his worry for Ichigo. "Kuro, how are you doing?" Ganju asked, but didn't get an answer from her. "I know it must be tough to leave him behind like that against a Captain." Ganju said, "No, you don't! Ichigo and I aren't just brother and sister! We're best friends, we have a stronger bond than most siblings do!" Kuroki snapped at Ganju, "We have to go back." Hanatoro urged Kenpachi's name, which means he is immortal. "Please Ganju, we have to go back!" Hanatoro pleaded, "We can't go back, damn it. We have to save Rukia, Ichigo wants that." Ganju protested, "Ganju's right, Hanatoro. We just have to keep our faith in Ichigo and pray that he comes back to us safely. You know what, go on ahead without me. I'll go after Ichigo." Ganju nodded, deciding not to argue with Kuroki. He figured that she wasn't gonna leave him behind, so he takes off with Hanatoro on his shoulder.

Ichigo struck Kenpachi but in doing so, he was badly injured and bleeding for it. "How is it possible? My cut didn't even faze him!" His hand began to bleed badly, "I'm so disappointed. I thought you would be more of a fight." Kenpachi pushes Ichigo back, with Zangetsu using his bare hands grabbing the blade. "When two reiatsu's collide, the one that is stronger repels the weaker one. But my reiatsu is stronger than yours ichigo." Kenpachi explained and draws out his sword. "Now, it's my turn to attack." Kenpachi smiles brightly at Ichigo. Kuroki raced back towards the direction of Ichigo and Kenpachi, not caring that she was throwing herself into more trouble.

"Please don't be mad that I didn't leave with Ganju and Hanatoro. I can't leave you like that. I will never leave you behind, Ichigo." Kuroki thought, as she ran.