Chapter 16: The Encounter, Renji Abarai

Kuroki's pov

I laid on my bed, looking up at the ceiling. Ever since Rukia left, I felt as if I shouldn't have gotten so close with her, I pulled the covers over my body and just laid there. "Hey Kuro, I'm coming in." I heard Yuzu, but I didn't say anything. I turned on my side, keeping my eyes on the wall. "Kuro, come on you have to eat something." Yuzu pleaded, but I still didn't say anything. I was in no mood to eat or even speak, I was just too upset. "I know that it's two in the morning, but you haven't eaten since you've been home. Please eat. I'll be back in a little while." I heard Yuzu walk out of the room. I turned around looking at the food as my head started to hurt, I sat up holding my head and the pain got worse. I fell backwards onto the bed and started cringing in pain, I then heard feet rush in as my cries got louder.

"Kuro, sweetheart, what's wrong?" I heard Dad's voice come closer to me.

"I'll go get her an ice pack." I heard Yuzu run off. "Karin, go get her some water." Dad said and I heard feet run off, I started crying out more in pain and grabbed Dad's hand. "I got the water!" I heard Karin come back into the room, "I got the ice pack!" I felt something cold being placed on my head, as my grip on Dad's hand loosened and I passed out.

When I opened my eyes I saw the same handsome, white haired guy carrying me.

"Hey, you're awake finally." He said, looking down at me.

"Where are we?" I asked, looking up at him.

"We are in your mind. Me, I remain here in your mind but as for you. You don't come here often." He said.

"Since I don't know your name yet, I think I'm gonna call you Snow." I said, he looked down at me somewhat annoyed. "Are you seriously going to call me that?" He asked, as he kept walking forward in the snow.

"Yeah, just until I learn your name." I looked into his eyes, "It's funny." He shook his head at my comment, with a smile on his face. "What's funny?" I gave him a look of confusion, "I know your name, but you haven't learned my name yet." He kicked a door open, walking into a cabin and set me down on a couch.

"What do you mean?" I asked, sitting up on the couch. I  unwrapped myself from his cape, taking a look around. We were in a cabin, which was nice and warm despite it looking so empty. There was a fireplace, which was lit by the fire.

"Well, I know your name is Kuroki. But you hate people calling you that, because your mother used to call you by your full name. Your father was the one who gave you the nickname, Kuro. Which is what you like to be called by your friends, and anyone who calls you by your full name, well... Let's just say, you aren't very nice to them." He closed the cabin door behind him. "How did you know that?" I stood up, looking at him with confusion. "Don't worry, I'm not a bad person, I am your zanpakuto. More like zanpakuto spirit. I have a name. It's.." I finally heard his name, and it was beautiful.

"Nice to meet you, Yuki." I said, giving him a large smile.

"You're gonna call me Yuki now?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at me. "Yeah." I smiled, as a wave of relief washed over me. I smiled as we sat down and began talking. Long afterwards I fell asleep on the couch, when I woke up I was in my bed. Dad was still there as well as Yuzu and Karin, who had fallen asleep on Ichigo's bed. Wait, where's Ichigo? I sat up and I guess my movements woke Dad up, because he sat up and looked over at me.

"Hey Kuro, how are you feeling?" He asked, concerned laced in his voice.

"I'm feeling a lot better. Thanks for taking care of me. You go on and take Yuzu and Karin to bed. Get some rest yourself." I said and he nodded, picking both of them up. "If you need anything just yell out. I'll be right here." He smiled, kissing the top of my head before leaving the room. "Yeah, okay." I smiled at him and he walked out. I heard thumping coming from under my bed so I crawled off, I stuck my head under and saw Mari tapped to the bottom of the bed. "Mari, there you are!" I pulled her from there, taking off the duct tape and she explained everything how Rukia left.

Suddenly I felt a massive drop in spiritual pressure, but not just anybody's, it was Ichigo's. I grabbed Mari take out the pill, rubbed it on my shirt and swallowed it separating from my body. "Stay here." I jumped out the window and rushed off, I used the technique Uryu used and found his spirit ribbon. I rushed off and kept running, hopefully nothing bad happened to him.

I turned the corner, "Yuki, I hope you can help with whatever is going on. Lend me your strength for a while, when I find Ichigo." I said, trying to keep myself calm. "Yeah, be careful. This guy's spiritual pressure seems strong." He said and I felt a strange spiritual pressure. It was extremely strong, I stopped running and fell to my knees not use to feeling such powerful spiritual energy. "Take it easy." I heard Yuki's voice in my head, "I can't move or breathe well, Yuki. Why?" I strained out, "It's the spiritual pressure, just breathe in slowly. Don't let it get to you." His voice rang out in the back of my mind, I stayed standing there breathing in slowly. "There... That's good. Keep doing that, okay?" He said soothingly. I closed my eyes and felt his warmness and smiled knowing that my zanpakuto has my back, hopefully Ichigo wasn't too badly hurt. I stood up and started walking, I turned the corner and started running feeling a drop in spiritual pressure. Which belonged to Uryu, maybe he ran into Rukia and Ichigo. Why does Ichigo's  spiritual pressure feel so low? Oh god, what if he is hurt really bad? "Calm down and think. Breathe Kuro, breathe." Yuki said and I sighed, turning another corner to see a man roaming the streets. Where are they? "Your heart is beating too fast, calm down Kuro." Yuki said, "Ichigo's hurt, I can feel it and I'm afraid. What if I can't do anything to help?" I asked him and kept walking.