Chapter 93: The Moment of Collision! An Evil Hand Draws Near to the Quincy

Kuroki's pov

"Damnit, let the woman go! She has nothing to do with this!" Ichigo shouted to Ryo, as Mitsuo was holding onto another person he was hoping to be his victim. "Damnit, what the hell is going on here? Why was he looking at Uryu like he is his next victim? Did Uryu not tell us about something?" I shifted my eyes, between the kid and Mitsuo. "Let the woman go and take me instead." My eyes widened in disbelief at Uryu's words, I can't believe this. Why is he doing this? Ryo's snake wrapped around Uryu and my eyes traveled to Ichigo. He sent me a small look and I knew what it meant but in response I shook my head and gestured to Mitsuo, his eyes traveled to Mitsuo and he nodded looking back to me. Renji looked to me, but I hadn't noticed as my eyes traveled back to Uryu and I acted quickly to save the little kid. I jumped onto the vehicle surprising Mitsuo, but he still kept a tight hold on the small child. But when Ichigo and the others made their move, Ryo had the snake holding Uryu smash his head on the ground making us fly into a panic.

"Uryu!!" I shouted, turning my attention to him. "You should watch your back!!" I was kicked off of the vehicle but I didn't hit the ground, because Renji had caught me in his arms. "Gotcha," I gave him a smile as he put me down and I looked to Uryu. "Uryu! Are you alright?" I started towards him but was stopped when Mitsuo threw the kid at me, I caught the kid but something felt strange about him. "I gotcha kid, you don't have to worry about him anymore." The kid smirked, making me feel skeptical. "Wait, Kuro that's no-" I was surprised as the kid transformed into something different. Something then wrapped around my entire body, making me panic. "Kuro!!!" Renji rushed forward, but was thrown back by a large gust of wind.

"Kuro!!" Ichigo turned his attention to me as Renji got back up and I was lifted into the air, but Ryo took this time to taste Uryu's blood making me cringe but before he could do anything a giant fireball flew down so Ryo had to drop Uryu to block the attack. The same lady from before named Yoshino appears, grabbing Uryu and before anyone else could do anything she disappears with him. I started to struggle within the giant glob of whatever it is holding me, but one particular glob separated from the huge one and turned into something resembling a worm which freaked me out. If you didn't know, I have a large fear of anything resembling a worm not a hollow, or Aizen or Seiji but something that wiggles around and is gross. I started sweating bullets, trying to keep my composure because nobody else not even Ichigo knew about this fear.

I struggled but then the glob came closer to me making me panic even more, as got it closer I froze and then something wet licked my face sending chills down my spine. "You taste nice, like a mix of strawberries and cherries." Mitsuo smirked, looking up at us from the large truck. "Damnit, let her go!!" Renji attacked Mitsuo, but he waved his hand sending Renji into Chad. "Kuro, just hold on okay." Ichigo gave me a reassuring look and I started to wriggle. "Ichigo!! If you don't get me out of this thing, I'm gonna murder you in your sleep!! Get me out of this thing!!" I saw Renji disappear, making me panic more and I could see that Ichigo was having a hard time getting to me. The glob tightened its hold and slammed me into the building nearby, I was then slammed against one of the other trucks around and couldn't move enough to get free.

"Kuro, stay calm. Don't worry to much. I have something planned." Yuki stated and I sighed in relief. He was still in my sheath on my back, but I couldn't get my arm free enough to grab him and suddenly my body felt cold. The glob started squealing loudly as the ice enveloped it, but Mitsuo didn't give up seeing that I would get free soon. I moved my arm being able to get it free and grabbed onto Yuki's handle, Mitsuo didn't like this and made the glob tighten its hold on me making me panic. "Let her go!" The glob was hit three times by three kido blasts and it broke it. Some of the hits agitated the wound I had on my side from Mitsuo earlier on in the fight. The glob squealed loudly and let go me, but let me remind you guys.... that I'm in the air.

"AHHHHHHHAHHH! Somebody catch me!!" I screamed closing my eyes and suddenly felt myself stop falling. "Hey, you can open your eyes now. You're okay." I opened them to see Toshihiro, he caught me before I hit the ground. I smiled and gave him a hug as he took us down to the ground, but Mitsuo tries to attack us. "Not today," Rei and Yukio blocked the attack and warded off both Mitsuo and Ryo. "I'm sorry guys, I lost track of her spiritual power." Ririn stated sadly, as Rukia wrapped me in a hug. "Thank god, you are alright." I wrapped my arms around her and smiled before pulling away from her but in doing so I felt a large pain in my side, "You're hurt!" Orihime pointed to my side as I lost balance, but Renji caught me and Orihime called on her small friends to heal me. "We need to find Uryu." Ichigo agreed with me, "Not so fast, we can't go after him. It's way too dangerous." I argued with Kisuke, but Ichigo held me back.

Later on in the day, we found out that Uryu was in the hospital. "Excuse me, which room is our friend Uryu in?" The nurse pointed to it and I took off in that direction. I was worried that Yoshino had done something to him and found his room. The others were calling for me but I didn't care, "Uryu!!" I shouted as I threw the door open and I guess I scared him, because he jumped. "Uryu, you're okay!" He sweatdropped, seeing me standing there as the others reached the room. We walked in and he tells us everything, "Yoshino told me that her family had a rule which was to never to consume living souls. If they do consume living souls, then they can obtain a powerful energy and are able to increase their power. Doing so would destroy the balance of the world, so they decided they would not do it until now. The person who is behind this is Jin Kariya and he thinks that since I'm a quincy, that I am the key." He explained but we all questioned what was he the key to. We said our goodbyes and Ichigo, Rukia and I headed home.

"Do you think Mitsuo is against Yoshino as well? I can't put my finger on it as to why he is targeting me." I looked to Rukia and Ichigo, "Something's off. I'll ask Kisuke if he can look into it." I nodded as we finally got into the house and ate. Dinner did not go dull with Dad and Ichigo arguing the entire time.