Christmas Special #3

Kuroki's pov

I smiled to myself, as I wrapped Dad's gift in the best wrapping paper I could get my hands on. Ichigo, Rukia, Chad, Orihime, Uryu, Ishihara, Toshihiro, Rui and I were all sitting in class together. Our teacher let us have free time so I was currently getting gifts ready to bring home, today we were all headed to the soul society. So Ichigo and I wouldn't be home until Christmas Day, which is why I wanted to drop off the gifts at home and give Yuzu and Karin hugs before we left. We needed to pick up our bags from home, so we were going to stop home anyways to get them.

"Whatcha doing over there, Kuro?" I didn't look up from the sweater, as I folded it. "Wrapping my dad and my sisters gifts, so when we pick up our stuff I can slip them under the tree." I explained, "What about gifts for us?" Toshihiro asked, "You'll get it later." I had Renji, Ichigo, Rukia, Toshihiro, Rei, Ishihara and Yukio's gifts ready. I even got gifts for Yoruichi, Shunsui, Toshiro, Jushiro and Byakuya since they did a lot for us within this past year. We were going to the Soul Society after we picked up our things at the house, to which Dad threw a fit at first but once Ichigo knocked him out, we were able to leave for school. I wrapped all the gifts neatly, placing them in a large bag in order. It wasn't long before class ended, Ishihara helped carry my bags since I had a lot.

"Alright, class. Have a great christmas break, don't get yourselves killed before the new year." The class laughed at our teacher's comment, before we were finally dismissed from school. So we headed home to grab our stuff, it had already started snowing here so we were wearing extra warm clothing. "I cannot wait to see what they did this year for christmas. Every time they decorate the Soul Society, it seems like one big festival." I smiled, "I've experienced most of my holidays in the Soul Society. It was always such a nice time when I was a kid, we had big parties thanks to Captain Kyoraku. You know.. since all the genders were switched in my time, everyone was so different. Parties were  because most of the captains who are male in your dimension, were female in mine. So things often got out of hand." Rui sighed, "What do you mean?" Ichigo asked, looking at Rui who was walking beside me.

"Well, let's just say the fights were always out of hand." He sighed, "You said that you had a lot of good times when you were young in your world, but when you said that I got the feeling that it isn't all that great now." Toshihiro placed a hand in his front pocket, "That's because of what that damn captain did. Nearly wiped out half the city so bad things happened afterwards. I don't like to talk about what happened..." He trailed off, "Why? Was it really that bad?" Orihime asked, "Yeah, my older sister nearly died.. It wasn't a good time for us back then." Rui shook his head, just as we reached the house. "Come on, Ichigo. We should head inside before Dad sees us out here." I took the bags from Ishihara, giving him a small thanks and took them inside with Ichigo following after me.

"Oh hey guys, I didn't think you were coming home today." Yuzu smiled as soon as she saw the two of us enter the house, "We came to get the bags and drop off the presents. You can leave our gifts here since we'll be back on Christmas Day." I smiled, "Oh, let me help you with that." Yuzu took a bag from me and helped put the presents under the tree. Once that was done, Ichigo went upstairs to get the bags and came back down with both Kon and Mari.

"My baby girl!!" I was caught off guard, when I was swept off of my feet by my one and only Dad. "Oh hey, Dad. We stopped by to pick up some stuff." Ichigo gestured to the bags he was holding, "I'm going to miss my baby girl!!" For some reason, I didn't feel the need to punch or kick Dad. Instead, I wrapped my arms around him and gave him a big hug. "Don't worry about anything, Dad. I got Ichigo with me so nothing will happen. We'll be back Christmas Day morning. I love you, Dad." I smiled, "I love you too, my precious baby girl!! I know that my boy will take great care of his little sister!" Dad blubbered like a baby, making me chuckle as I patted his back and let go of him. Ichigo and I said our goodbyes to Yuzu, Karin and Dad and headed back outside.