Chapter 127: Kuroki's Decision!

Kuroki's pov

When I opened my eyes, I was blinded by a bright white light and my nose was overwhelmed with the smell of antiseptic and chemicals. Several people came into my view wearing what looked like scrubs, which concerned me. Just where had I woken up? I panicked as one figure came closer to me, making me squirm which alerted the other people standing around me that I was now awake. "Miss Kuroki, everything is okay. You are safe." I felt someone take my hand in theirs, as I tried to make out the face of the person hovering over me. I could make out that the voice belonged to a woman and the figure hovering over me definitely was a woman. I blinked back tears, feeling a sudden heavy weight on my chest. "Everything is okay. Your friends brought you here to Squad 4. You're in our hospital emergency room, everything will be fine. We're gonna patch up your wounds." She nodded to someone on the other side of me and went to move away, but I gripped her hand tightly. She looked back at me, coming closer as I tried to open my mouth to speak.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?"

"Re-Ren.." I slurred, trying to get the word out of my mouth. "Ren-ji. Want.. Ren-ji..." I struggled to breathe, she put an oxygen mask over my mouth and nodded. "You mean Lieutenant Abarai?" I nodded at her question, "I'll get him. Everything is okay. You won't feel a thing, so just breathe for me and sleep." I felt myself slipping out of consciousness as I breathed into the mask, I really hope that Renji will be here when I wake up.

When I woke up again, I blinked several times as I was blinded by another light. This one seeming to be less agitating than the first one, I felt sore all over but I felt better than I did before. They must have took me to an operating room to work on my injuries, since I had some nasty ones. I shifted in bed, grunting lightly and a yawn left my lips. I stretched out my arms, slightly hissing in pain as I took notice of my bandaged arm and chest. "You're awake!" I looked up from my arm, spotting a young girl walk into the room. She had short black hair, almost styled like Rukia's but she was as tall as Orihime. She looked a bit younger than me, which is crazy, because people already don't believe me to be 16. "I know you're probably wondering where you are. You're currently in Squad 4's barracks, so don't worry. You're safe." She placed a tray down in the corner of the room, when I didn't say anything, she let out a weary sigh. "Miss Kanoa, told me that you panicked when you woke up in the OR. I can assure you, you are safe here."

"Where is he?"

"Where is who?" She asked, looking confused.

"Where is Renji?"

"Lieutenant Abarai?! Oh, I totally forgot that he's your boyfriend! And that you had asked for him! I'll go get him!!" She rushed out of the room, looking frazzled and startled me when she barged back into the room. She grabbed the tray she had carried into the room, bringing it over to me. "Here, take these for the pain. They should help." She handed me a small cup with two pills, along with a small cup of water. When I took them from her, she quickly rushed back out of the room. I downed the pills and water with ease, leaning back into my pillows and tried to settle. I knew that once Ichigo found out what I had done and where I was now, he would be furious with me. He had fought me so hard on continuing to fight in this battle, especially because I had lost my hold on Kana. During the last battle with Mitsuo, I found a way to keep Kana from invading my mind and taking over my body. Which is why I was able to fight him for as long as I could, but I also still hadn't fully healed from most of the injuries I had gotten from the first fight with him before we came here. The door opened and in walked the young girl, behind her was Renji. He looked like his wounds had been patched up, when his eyes met mine, they lit up.

"Kuro!" Renji rushed over to me, pulling me into his chest as he sat on the bed. "I'll leave you two alone. I will let your friends know that they can come see you." The young female squad 4 member stated, she quickly bowed in respects to Renji and left. Renji turned his attention back onto me, shoving his face into my somewhat tame hair. "Thank god.. Thank god, you're okay. You gave us all a big scare back there, I thought I lost you when that explosion went off. God. Please. Please promise me that you'll never do that again. Promise me that you won't leave me like that." He said, his grip on me tightening. I held back just as tightly as he held onto me, "I promise, Ren. I promise I won't leave you like that." I whispered, as he pulled me closer to him. He pulled back, he grabbed my face and kissed me. I kissed him back, my hands resting on his chest as he swept his tongue over my bottom lip. I opened my mouth, letting him in and he pulled me closer to him. We eventually pulled apart, lips red and swollen and smiles on our faces.

"The others are waiting outside to see you. Although, you should know that Ishihara and Toshihiro aren't getting along well."

"What do you mean? Did they fight?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows at him. "Yes.. They did. Toshihiro got angry because he thought that Ishihara had been keeping his soul reaper powers a secret, he seemed like he thought that Ishihara was going to hurt you. Betray you, him, Ichigo and us like Seiji did which wasn't the case at all. Ishihara only found out about his abilities just before he got here. It was Kisuke who had told him of his soul reaper lineage." Renji explained, making me gasp lightly. "Really?"

"Yes. And.." Renji finished explaining everything, from how Ishihara defended himself and then was jumped by Toshihiro. How they all had to calm the two down and tear them apart before they could hurt one another over the matter. He even told me what Ishihara directly had told them, "Are you angry with him?" Renji asked, his eyes searching mine. "No, I'm not. He couldn't have known that he had soul reaper powers or lineage. His parents didn't tell him or his sister. It wasn't right for Toshihiro to accuse him of something like that when he's been his best friend since Grade school. Ishihara couldn't do such a thing, so I'm not angry with him about it."

"Really? You're not angry with me?" Our heads snapped to the doorway where Ishihara and the others stood, they looked surprised at my calm demeanor but I didn't care. Ishihara looked at me, his eyes burning with guilt and surprise. "Ishihara, why would I be angry at you for not knowing your own family history? It's not like your parents told you. Like me, I have no clue about my parents whether they both had soul reaper abilities or not. We only found out by meeting Rukia, that's how Ichigo got his powers. And how I got them from Toshihiro. Besides, I know you would never turn your back on me. You're my best friend and I trust you wholeheartedly." I gave him a warm smile, his lip quivered as tears filled his eyes. He moved forward, looking to hug me. He looked to Renji, who gave him a nod and suddenly I was brought into a warm, hard chest.

"Thank you.. For trusting me. For not thinking the worst."

"Of course, Ishihara." I patted his shoulder and he let go of me, stepping back for me to get comfortable in bed.

"Now, as for you." I snapped my eyes over to Toshihiro, "How could you even dare to accuse him of something like that?! You know he would never, ever do something like that and yet you treated him so horribly!! He didn't know anything. Why would you treat him like that? Toshihiro, I expected better out of you." Toshihiro stayed quiet, his eyes falling to the floor and I sighed. I suddenly felt a familiar reiatsu skyrocket, which seemed to alert everyone else in the room that someone was fighting.

"Whose reiatsu is that?" Ishihara asked, looking over to Renji and I. "It's Sui Feng. She's fighting Mabashi." Yukio said.

"Kuro?" Rui asked, "Don't worry, I'm not fighting. I have decided that I'm not going to fight in the rest of the battle." Everyone stared at me in shock, "Not unless Ichigo absolutely needs me to help him against Kariya. But other than that, I will stay here and rest. It's already guaranteed that Ichigo knows that I left that room. I won't worry him any further. Besides, my body is too tired to fight." I said.

"Whew. That makes me feel better." Rukia smiled, taking in a breath of relief. "Go. If you want to go help, I'm not stopping you." Yukio smiled, as Rei just kissed the top of my head. The two nodded to the others, before shunpooing away to help Sui Feng with fighting Mabashi. I could tell that Kariya must have been making his move, which could explain the spike in spiritual pressure I've been feeling from all over the Soul Society.

"I'm sorry, Ishihara. I'm sorry for doubting you like that." Toshihiro said, the awkward silence fading away.

"It's alright. I know you were just scared for Kuro. I forgive you. But the next time you tackle me like that, I won't hesitate to fight you back." Ishihara said, a smile on his face.