Chapter 132: Sui-Feng Dies? The Last of the Special Forces!

3rd person's POV

Sui-Feng kneels on the ground, holding her arm as her body had been weakened by poison delivered into her system through a bitto stabbed through her shoulder by one of the assembled Keigun. She knew that things were about to become more difficult for her, her eyes go to the Bitto that is lying on the ground. The same one that she had been stabbed by and had thrown to the ground, "This must be the Bounts' poison. They found this in Rukia's system a few days ago." She thought, watching as one of the feral Keigun who had thrown the Bitto fall limp and be pronounced dead by his comrades, she manages to stand to her feet. "Don't concern yourselves over him any longer." She instructed. "I heard of a bount who can control people like puppets. It seems that this bount is the one who took control of the Keigun when they came into contact." Sui-Feng theorized, "Wait a minute... This could mean that there are more." She thought, she looked around at the group. "Did anyone else come into contact with that bount?" She asked, "We have. Just around the second east street." A female Keigun confirmed, one of her comrades suddenly begins groaning in pain and approaches Sui-Feng while grasping the handle of his sword sheathed behind his back. "Look out!" The female Keigun rushed forward, raising her sword to stop the attacker but she was simply thrown to the side. The other Keigun rush forward to protect Sui-Feng and restrain the attacker, only for him to restrain them with Hakuda. "You should tend to your wounds, we will take care of this Captain." Despite her concern, Sui-Feng took off from the scene.

Toshihiro sensed a drop in spiritual pressure, he shifted in his seat as he looked out the window. Ishihara was sitting on the couch across from Rui and Rukia, the three of them playing a board game. Kuroki was asleep, curled up under the covers in her hospital bed. He let out a soft sigh, noticing a slight spike in Ichigo's reiatsu and was relieved when he felt that Renji and the twins were doing okay. "Toshihiro, why are you sighing so much?" Rukia asked, turning her head to the left. "I'm worried about Captain Sui-Feng. She's having a hard time and I can tell that she's injured from how her spiritual pressure has dropped." He explained, looking out of the window.

"If you're that worried about the Captain, why don't you go find her?" Rukia suggested.

Toshihiro's eyes moved to Kuroki, who was sleeping peacefully as if she didn't have a care in the world. His eyes softened as he watched her sleep, undescribable emotions running through him. "I.." He started, "You're worried that Kuro might do something stupid and if you leave, she could very well trick the rest of us and leave the hospital to fight Kariya. Am I right?" Rui looked up from the board game, he looked over his shoulder at Toshihiro. "Yes, I am worried that if I leave she could possibly run off again. She always seems to get herself into trouble when Ichigo nor I are around. And it scares me. We have no clue if Mitsuo is really gone or not and those bounts are still out there. What's to say they won't target her as well if she goes out there to find Ichigo?" He asked, sitting forward. Ishihara let out a loud, exasperated sigh and slammed his game piece down on the game board startling Rui and Rukia. He looked up from the game piece, his eyes shifting from Rukia to Toshihiro. "Kuroki made her decision to stay put, Hiro. She will only leave if she feels that Ichigo needs her help and only then will she leave. But I'm pretty sure she'll leave if Renji or the others need her. Hiro, look at her." Toshihiro looked at Kuroki, who was still peacefully sleeping. "She is not going to do anything stupid if you leave. The medication that she just took will have her out for a few hours and she knows that she is in no condition to battle it out like crazy out there. Right now, the only one stopping you from leaving is yourself." Toshihiro, in this moment realized that his best friend was right, he was stopping himself from leaving.

"I suppose you are right.." He started, turning his head back to look at the sleeping ginger. "I feel guilty that I haven't been able to keep her out of trouble. From the time she first woke up at Kukaku's place to when she fought against Mitsuo alone and ended up here.." He trailed off, he reached forward and brushed a strand of Kuroki's hair out of her face, tucking it behind her ear. Kuroki slightly stirred, curling up even more and pulled the covers closer to her body.