Chapter 64: Reality of the Despair, the Assassin's Dagger is Swung

3rd person's pov

"Kuro, wake up!" Rukia yelled, as Renji held her against his body. Her breathing was light, she had sustained heavy injuries from her fight with Seiji. Toshihiro felt the drop of Kuroki's reiatsu as well Orihim's group and Ichigo, Yoruichi and Rei and Yukio. "Kuro is in trouble." Ichigo said to them, "If she is still with Renji, then I think she'll be okay." Orihime said as Toshihiro finally pinpoints where Renji, Rukia and Kuroki was and started running towards them.

"Renji!!! Rukia!!" He waved at the catching their attention, as they looked up seeing him coming from Sokyoku hill. "Toshihiro!!!" Rukia yelled and rushed foward towards him, she jumped onto him nearly knocking him down. "Where did you go?" Rukia asked, as he hugged her back. "Had to help Unohana take care of the injured and keep everyone else from attacking Ichigo." He set her down and looked ahead, seeing Renji holding onto an unconscious Kuroki. "What happened to her?" He asked as Rukia pulled him towards Renji and Kuroki, "Somebody had been following us and their motives were not clear enough. So Kuro engaged them in battle, she won but sustained heavy injuries." Renji explained, "Alright, then let's get going." Toshihiro said and they left.

Rei, Yukio, Toshiro and Rangiku stare in horror at what they had just seen. The entire Central 46 assembly had been slaughtered, Yukio bent over and threw up on the ground, making them grimace. "You alright there, bud?" Rei patted his brother on the back, as Yukio threw up some more. Rei and Toshiro started inspecting the bodies, "This is not good." Yukio said, "They've been dead for a while. The blood is already turning black and hardening." Rei said, "That means all the orders that were given to us by Central 46 has been fake." Toshiro said, "I think they've been dead since Renji's defeat by Ichigo and Toshihiro by Kuroki." Rei said, "There's no way Gin could have done this by himself. He must have had help but from who?" Toshiro thought to himself.

They continued inspecting, leaving Yukio to Rangiku. "I figured I would find you here, Captain Hitsuguya. And you as Rei." They looked up in surprise. "What was your involvement in this? Did you help your captain?" Instead of answering Toshiro, Izuru turns around and runs off making Toshiro, Rei, Rangiku and Yukio give chase. Once they got outside, Izuru comes to a stop. "What was your involvement in this?" Toshiro interrogates Izuru again. "I was ordered by the Central 46 to unlock the door so that you four could enter the compound. Instead of chasing me and asking pointless questions, you should worry about Momo. She broke out of her prison cell and has been following me the entire time." Izuru said and Toshiro departs with Rei to find Momo, leaving Izuru to Rangiku and Yukio.

He releases his zanpakuto, Wabisuke since he was being chased by Yukio and Rangiku. He unleashes an assault on Rangiku and, having cut her sword eight times, it becomes exponentially heavier until she can no longer lift it. "Growl, Haineko!" Rangiku releases her zanpakuto, which turns to ash.

"From ashes to ashes, Ken!" Yukio releases his zanpakuto and attacks Izuru. Back at the Central 46 compound, Momo reaches there only to be surprised by Gin, "Follow me," He said and leads her to Seijotokyorin, the living quarters of Central 46, where she encounters her former captain Sosuke Aizen. Aizen apologizes to Momo for hurting her by staging his death. As she weeps tears of joy, he holds her and apologizes again, then bids her farewell before skewering her through with his own zanpakuto. Aizen and Gin leave Momo for dead.

As Aizen and Gin leave the living quarters, they run into a distraught Toshiro and a not so shocked Rei. "What are you doing here? I thought you were murdered. What the hell is going on here?" Toshiro demanded, "I'm not surprised. I knew something was going on here." Rei said, "Why is he here, Gin?" Aizen turned to his partner, "Izuru must of not been able to keep them busy." Gin explained to him and they heard him talking. "What the hell are you two talking about?" Toshiro demanded. "The breaking down of an enemy's fighting power..." Toshiro hangs on to the word enemy and Rei gets suspicious, "Where is Momo?" Rei asked and suddenly senses Momo behind them.

Toshiro and Rei use shunpo to flash past Aizen and Gin to get into where she lied, dying. Aizen provokes Toshiro to attack, "No other person other than Gin, has ever been fit to be my lieutenant. I wasn't lying but no one else was capable of understanding, as my true identity was beyond you. Momo's admiration for me made her easier to control. Admiration is the furtherest quality from understanding." Aizen said, "I've had enough of this." Toshiro releases his bankai. Just as Captain Unohana and her lieutenant Isane rush to the scene. Tōshirō lunges forward, supposedly impaling Aizen through the chest, as Aizen's body is covered with ice. Aizen smirks inside the ice, and to Tōshirō's surprise, he disappears. Aizen then appears behind Tōshirō, his sword dripping blood, and a huge gush of blood sprays out of Tōshirō's body.

This caused her to panic, "No!!! Captain!" Rei panicked and rush to aid his friend.

Aizen takes notice of Unohana's presence, "Its not a surprise to see you here, Miss Unohana." Aizen said, giving her a sly smile. "The Seijotokyorin is the perfect location to carry out your plans, after using a gigai to stage your death." She said to him. "The true power of my zanpakuto, Kyoka Suigetsu, which is complete hypnosis. By revealing to a person to the released Kyoka Suigetsu, I am able to control my five senses." Aizen explains to them. "Since Kyōka Suigetsu's powers are based on sight, Kaname Tosen has been your cohort from the start." Unohana said.

"Yes, that is true." Rei growled at him.

At the same time Tosen blocks the path to where Rukia, Renji, Toshihiro and Kuroki are. By this time Kuroki had woken up, and was still feeling rather weak from her previous fight. Without a word, Tosen transports the five of them to Sokyoku hill, right where Gin and Aizen are.

"What is going on?" Toshihiro asked, "Wait a minute... I thought you died. What is going on?" Renji asked, becoming unnerved.

"I need to you to step back and leave Rukia and that orange haired girl." Aizen ordered.