Chapter 140: Hitsugaya vs. Koga

3rd's person's pov

"What are you three doing here?" Rukia asked, walking up to Renji, Yukio, and Rei. She had no clue that they were even coming, but she had an inkling that they might have sensed Kuroki's spiritual pressure when Ichigo found Kariya. After all, Kuroki had gone to fight Kariya alongside her twin and Rukia let her, she knew that they were going to be worried about her when they found out she was no longer in the hospital. "We wanted to check up on you guys. Things have been crazy out there ever since the Bounts started their attack." Renji explained, "Did you guys visit Kuro yet?" Ishihara asked, Rukia looked away feeling guilty as she hadn't told him and Rui that she let Kuroki leave. "No, we haven't." Rei said, "I thought she left and went to find Ichigo so he wouldn't fight Kariya alone." Yukio spoke up, Renji and Rei looked at Yukio with wide eyes. "What does he mean by that?" Rui's eyes slowly shifted away from Yukio and landed on Rukia, who smacked her forehead with her palm. "Rukia," Renji started, Rukia knew that she wasn't going to be able to keep this secret any longer. She had a feeling that if Renji had found out, he would go looking for her which would only bother Kuroki. "What does he mean by that?" He felt concern growing as he searched Rukia's facial expression for anything that could tell him that Yukio was wrong but he couldn't, "You let her leave, didn't you?" Rei quipped, he quirked an eyebrow at her. He knew by the look on Rukia's face that he was right, she had let Kuroki leave the hospital.

"Rukia, answer the question. Did you let her leave the hospital while she was still recovering?" Renji pressed.

"Yes, I did."

"Why?"

"Even if I tried to stop her, it wouldn't work. She does not want Ichigo to fight Kariya by himself. She was going to leave this hospital whether we wanted her to or not. She only agreed to go after she had enough time to heal from her surgery. I thought that it would be better if none of us tried to stop her, she's too stubborn to let Ichigo fight the big bad alone." She explained, crossing her arms. "Either way, she is fully rested and recovered. She'll be fine." She added, "Rukia's right. Kuroki will be fine, Ichigo is not going to let her get hurt again." Rui stated, agreeing with Rukia.

"I hope you both are right about that. She's been through too much already." Renji said.

"Does anyone know what happened to Mitsuo? None of us have been able to track him down or even feel his reiatsu." Yukio asked, looking over at Rukia and Rui. "Rui has a theory that after the large explosion caused by his and Kuroki's attacks colliding, a portal opened up and sent him back to their realm," Ishihara explained, leaving Rei and Yukio in confusion. 

"What do you mean by 'their realm'? Are they not from the Soul Society?" Rei quirked an eyebrow at them.

"It means... That Mitsuo and I come from a separate realm from your own. In my world, everyone is the exact opposite gender of the one they are here." 

"Meaning...?"

"Meaning all the men in our realm are women in yours, and all the women in our realm are men," Rei answered. "Yes," Rui nodded, "I'm Rukia's male counterpart from my realm. Miitsuo was a young soul reaper who ended up being the target of Jun Kariya, the female counterpart of your Jin Kariya." Rui explained, "Wait.. Wait.. Wait.. Let me get this straight.." Yukio waved his hand, "You're Rukia's male counterpart?!!" He shouted, making Renji jump slightly. "Yes, I am. I haven't encountered Mitsuo's counterpart from your realm but I doubt that she went down the same path as my Mitsuo did. He was targeted by Jun and only became a part of the bounts because Jun had killed the love of his life and pitted him against soul Reapers. None of my captains knew about what happened to him until it was too late. We had been stretched thin dealing with Jun's lackeys, who she had sent to attack a district in the Seireitei." Rui finished explaining, leaving Rei and Yukio in silence. Just as Rei was about to say something, they felt a spike in one of the Captain's reiatsu. And it wasn't just any Captain, it was Toshiro's reiatsu they were sensing. 

"You sensing what I'm sensing?" Yukio asked.

"Yeah... Captain Hitsugaya is fighting a bount." Renji looked out of the window at the night sky. 

~~~

Toshihiro shunpoes from roof to roof, trying to pinpoint where the other captains were.  He knew that there were a lot of his fellow soul reapers at the hospital due to their battles with the bounts running around the Soul Society, but he still had yet to find another captain. That is until he felt Captain Hitsuguya's spiritual pressure spike, "What the--?" Toshihiro came to a full stop on a roof, looking out over the streets of the Seireitei. "He's definitely fighting off a bount... But I doubt it's Kariya. Ichigo and Chad were looking for Kariya earlier... However, the strangest thing is that I felt Kuroki's reiatsu spike along with Ichigo's. There's just no way she could have been fighting Kariya unless she left the hospital."  Toshihiro thought to himself which made him think some more, it wasn't long before he felt another spike in Captain Hitsugaya's spiritual pressure. "I have to go check on him. I know the Captain can handle himself but that doesn't make me any less worried." Toshihiro shunpoed away, heading in the direction of Toshiro and Koga's fight.

Meanwhile, Toshiro is locked in a heavy battle with Dalk where he has released his Shikai, Hyorinmaru. He leaped towards Dalk, who angled the web into a net facing him and met Toshiro in midair to envelop him in a large metal sphere. "Damn," Toshiro thought, Dalk was very amused and pleased with the fact that she had been able to capture Toshiro. "What...? What is this?" Dalk questioned as she found frost spreading across the sphere. She let out a scream of pain as an ice dragon burst out of the sphere and into the sky, which alerted Koga that something was wrong. He leaped over a nearby wall to head toward her, hoping that nothing was wrong but he had a feeling that she might be having a tough time with going up against a Captain of high ranking. Dalk separates into dozens of still-frozen spheres, which allows Toshiro to free himself and land on the roof below, she floats down and slowly reforms her body. 

"Captain!" Toshiro lifted his head, looking to the left where Toshihiro appeared on the same roof he was standing on. 

"What are you doing here, Toshihiro?" Toshiro didn't seem too pleased with Toshihiro's sudden appearance. 

"I felt your spiritual pressure spike. I wanted to check on you."

"Well, I'm fine. There's no need to be here. Go find Rangiku and help her out." While Toshiro and Toshihiro were locked in their own conversation, Dalk and Koga were now in that of their own. Koga thought it was better for Dalk to go back into her sealed state since she was finding it hard to stay in her solid state but she went against it. 

"Alright, fine. If you won't leave then you're going to be fighting alongside me." Toshiro stated, "That's all I wanted to hear, sir." Toshiro jumps in between Dalk and Koga, in response Dalk throws one of her spheres at Toshiro from behind but Toshihiro gets in the way and uses his zanpakuto to deflect it. Toshiro carefully watches Toshihiro, who dodges another tethered sphere thrown at him and he is swiftly kicked in the stomach, catching him off guard. Toshihiro releases a large burst of fire at Dalk, who immediately dodges it and chucks another sphere at him. Not having enough time to dodge, Toshihiro is hit in the stomach and lands on his back. He rolls out of the way as Dalk comes after him, causing him to fall off the roof in the process. As he falls off, Toshiro sends a dragon up taking Dalk and Koga by surprise. Things were heating up in this fight and Toshihiro had a feeling that they were in it for the long haul.