Chapter 87: What do we do now?

Kuroki's pov

I panicked which was the first thing that happened, following the kidnapping of Orihime. "What the hell, man?!! What the hell was that?!!" Mostly everyone was surprised at my reaction. "Kuro, stop pacing. You're making me dizzy." Yukio whined, "Oh well excuse me for worrying about our friend, who was taken by some random people. Where the hell was that damn gate even leading to?" Ichigo grabbed me by the shoulders, stopping me directly in my tracks. "We won't know until we check out Orihime's place for clues." I sighed heavily, running a hand through my hair. "Sorry Ichigo, I just can't think straight. Its just that Orihime was taken from us so fast, none of us had time to grab her. Or destroy the gate. Damnit, Ichigo. How the hell do we even save her if we don't know who took her or where she was even taken to?" I clenched my fists, "Listen, once we get answers then we can figure out where Orihime was taken." He said, placing his hands on my shoulder.

"Or we could find what took her." Uryu pushed up his glasses, "We should see if Tatsuki has seen her." Ishihara suggested, making me look over at him in shock. "Come on!!" I grabbed Ichigo and Renji's hand and dragged them both away from the others. "Tatsuki!!!" I yelled, running down the hall. "Hey, slow down!! Slow down, Kuro!!" Renji yelled from behind me, "I can't do that! Tatsuki!!" I saw her turn around with her other friends. "Oh hey, Kuro. What's up?" She turned around fully, "Have you seen Orihime? At all?" I skidded to a stop, Ichigo hitting my back in the process. "No, not since yesterday. But you might want to ask Katsu?" She suggested, "Why him? What the hell does he have to do with Orihime not being here?" I was angry at the fact he was somewhat involved, "He was talking to her yesterday about something." I stormed off, not wasting any time. "Wait, Kuro-" I continued ignoring Tatsuki's call and sped walked down the hallway. I turned a corner, noticing that Ichigo was following right behind me. He grabbed my arm and gave it a harsh tug, stopping me from walking any further. He turned me to face him, the look on his face saying it all. "Do you really wanna confront him? Because if you do I have a feeling you're gonna get into a fight with him." Ichigo said, making me huff. "He has a point." Yukio said from behind him, as I turned to face the five of them. I didn't even notice that those three had caught up to us. "He has a point." I mimicked, "I'm going to ask him." Renji stepped forward but I put my hand on his chest stopping him and pushed him back lightly. "Hell no. Nobody but me and only me will ever confront that yatsu. I mean it." I glared at them, "If I catch one of you even go near him, I will castrate you under any circumstance. Got it?" I gave them a sweet smile, still being scary when I heard laughing from Ishihara.

"Oh come on, why not let the big people handle this?" An irk mark appeared and I growled, becoming irritated. "Seriously Kuro, if I'm gonna sta-" I growled loudly. The next thing that followed was him being tied up and dragged down the hallway with me. "Man, your sister is one scary girl." Renji stated, "Well, she's also your girlfriend, Renji. Making her scary to both of us." Ichigo said, "Are you coming or not?" I turned my head towards them and they began to follow me.

It didn't take long for us to find where Katsu was, it seemed that he had a lot of delinquent friends who have fought Ichigo and I in the past. Once they saw Toshihiro though, they immediately took off and left Katsu on his own to handle us. "Well, hello. Kuroki." I growled, "I mean, Kuro. What brings you over here?" He gave me a sly smile, "Have you seen Orihime anywhere?" I asked, "And why do you think I would know where she is?" I growled at Katsu, I honestly hated his guts. "Because Tatsuki told us that you were talking to her yesterday. Is that true?" Ichigo asked, "Yeah, it is. But I haven't seen her since yesterday either. To be honest, I have no idea where she is." Katsu still had that sly look on his face and he was smirking directly at me. So I lunged for him in hopes to get him, but Ichigo quickly grabbed me by the waist and threw me over his shoulder. "Thanks, that's all we needed to know. See ya around, Katsu. Oh and you should wipe that stupid look off your face." Ichigo walked away with me over his shoulder and waved bye to Katsu, while I was too busy pounding on his back and yelling at him.

Since we couldn't get anywhere at school with answers, we decided to head to Orihime's place. "Should I knock the door down?" Chad asked, looking to Ichigo and I. "No, that's too impolite. We should try another way." Ichigo shook his head, "We can get in through my lock picking." Uryu picks the door and unlocks it letting us enter. We walked in and the first thing I saw were two cups, sitting on her coffee table. It seemed that she had company over last night, the person she possibly had over could be the one who summoned that large gate. "Looks like she had someone over, when she was taken." Uryu said, "You could be right or she was using the other cup as an offering for her brother." Toshihiro stated and I look to Renji. "That could have been possible but let's not rule out that there could have been someone else with her." Suddenly his phone started ringing, "Hello?" He asked, "I want to play a game with you guys." A young girl's voice sounded over the phone, I grabbed it from Renji. "What game? Why should we play a game with you?" I asked, "I promise to return your friend Orihime to you." She explained. "So you're the one who took her?" Instead of answering she laughed, making me angry. "Okay, the first thing you have to do is.. Get to the park in three minutes." She hung up the phone and we took off for the park. But as we were running, we heard a phone ring. "There it is!!" I shouted and we rushed to the phone. "Well it looks like you three made it. Now your gonna have to run to the supermarket three miles away." She giggled and hung up. So we ran. Before we could reach the phone, it rings and a bystander answers it. We go get it from the person, "Welp, sorry. Since someone else picked up you lose. That means your friend will die." My eyes widened, at this sudden madness and she hangs up. "We--" I couldn't finish my sentence because she calls again, telling us to get to Urahara shop.

When we get there Ururu and Jinta were cleaning and Ichigo nearly ran over them. We get one last call telling us to be in front of Orihime's home at 8 pm. Ichigo and I were at home in our soul reaper forms. "Ichigo, do you think they'll give back Orihime?" I asked, "Yeah, I'm sure they will." We left to get there on time with everyone else. We see a light form Orihime's windows, so we rush up to investigate. Much to our surprise, Orihime has returned though she had no memories of what happened that day, only the day before. To be honest, I thought that it was strange that she had no memory of what happened. But I decided to throw the doubt in the back of my mind, it wasn't a priority at the moment. "Thank god, you're okay!" I hugged Orihime, I had been so worried about her wellbeing. "We thought those people were gonna kill you. You should have seen how Kuro reacted after you were taken." I shot a glare at Yukio, who suddenly paled. While we were sitting around her coffee table, we felt something hit the building. "What was that?" I let go of Orihime and went over to the wall. Violent winds pick up, causing the windows shatter and Renji finds the door locked. "The front door is locked!!" Renji shouted, looking back at us. "What do you mean it's locked?!!" I rushed forward to help him open the door, but we heard a strange noise. So we turn around to see Orihime choking Chad, she lets Chad go and a man materializes in Orihime's place, and he announces himself as Kurodo. "Where the hell is Orihime?!!" Before we could anything, Chad gets sucked up by the same portal.

"Chad! No!!!! Give him back!!!" Ichigo, Renji and I went after the two guys leaving Yukio, Toshihiro and Rei to the girl. But our attacks proved to be worthless as I was fighting against the guy in the mask, he kicked me hard in the stomach and the impact sent me flying. I was kicked again and was thrown back into Orihime's room, hitting my back and head against the wall, knocking picture frames and other things over. "Kuro!!!" I heard Ichigo yelling about something, I slowly got to my feet only to watch as the three get away with Chad. "No, Chad!" I reached for Chad, but fell forward, letting the dark consume me.