Chapter 131: Everything comes and goes...

Kuroki's pov

Rukia, Rui, Ishihara, Toshihiro and I were still sitting in the hospital room, the rest of us were listening to Rui as he told us the backstory of his encounters with Mitsuo in his realm. Every now and then, we would feel a spike of spiritual energy either coming from our friends, other Soul Reapers, or the Captains themselves which was a little worrying to be honest. I know that they were doing all they can to keep the people here safe, it was their everyday job but it wasn't everyday that Vampire like beings invaded your world in order to exact their revenge on what happened to them so long ago. "Mitsuo's story starts when he was a bit younger, he was a soul reaper in training at the time and had a best friend named Sayuri. When we did some digging, we found out that Jun Kariya, the female genderbend of Jin Kariya, had been stalking Mitsuo for some time now. We still have no idea why she took such interest in Mitsuo or why she did what she did, but what we do know is that she started to use Mitsuo for various things." Rui said, taking a sip of his water. "So you're telling us that Mitsuo was actually a soul reaper in training and he was stalked by your realm's version of our Jin Kariya?" Ishihara asked, raising an eyebrow at Rui. I could tell that he was a bit skeptical of the story but then again, he didn't meet Aizen nor did he face Eli. So there was no way he could possibly just turn his back on him, I could see that he was still worked up about that. "Yes, he was. So was his best friend. The two of them were in the forest training when Jun launched her attack on their district, she had her bounts create the distraction. When we got into town, we couldn't find her. Instead of finding her, we found her lackeys. She used them so that couldn't find her, ruin her plans and effectively put a stop to her once and for all. She wanted us to be distracted with everything else so she could get to Mitsuo and his best friend. If we only had figured that out in time, then she maybe would have never gotten to him. We could have saved that young girl, we could have saved Mitsuo from being turned from Soul Reaper to Bount." Rui explained, running his fingers through his hair. That's when I noticed that since he's been here, his hair has grown out and it seems to be much longer than Ishihara's at this point. I'll remind him once this is all over that we should really get him a haircut, we definitely want Rui looking his best when he goes back home. That is if we can even get him back home, we don't know how he got to us in the first place. But I know the day that he leaves, all of us, including Ichigo, even if he doesn't want to admit it, will miss him and so will I. But I'm sure that those he has back in his realm already miss him, they are probably worried about him too. Especially since he was going after Mitsuo alone, knowing that Mitsuo could possibly kill him.

Before anyone could say anything else, the same female soul reaper from earlier entered my room carrying a tray of medicine. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you had company. Sorry, I'll just leave this here for you." She placed the tray on the counter, bowing in our direction. "You don't have to bow," Toshihiro shook his head, sitting forward in the seat beside Ishihara. He had mostly been quiet throughout the talk with Rui, he must have been thinking deeply about the whole situation. "Oh, but I must. Miss Kuro is well talked about amongst the Captain's." She smiled sweetly, leaving us confused. "What do you mean?" Toshihiro asked, tilting his head in confusion. "The Captain's were called into a meeting with Head Captain Yamamoto. I happen to pass by their quarters and heard them talking about Miss Kuro and the bount situation." She explained, "Bount Situation? What's going on?" Rui asked, standing up off the bed. "I didn't hear much other than them talking about the Bounts leader and the one bount who injured Miss Kuro." She bowed once again, "I must take my leave now. Make sure she takes her medicine, I'll be back later." With that, the female soul reaper left the room leaving us stunned. Ishihara got up from his seat, grabbed the tray and checked the pill that I was supposed to take.

"What medicine are you supposed to be taking?" Ishihara asked, looking up from the small cup. "For the pain. Give em'." He handed the small cup over, giving me water and I downed both the water and the pill.