Chapter 71: Kuroki has a major freakout!

3rd person's pov

Almost everyone except Rukia and Ichigo were still in the game, while Kuroki only had Toshiro and Renji left on her team. By this time, the bite she got earlier was starting to affect her. She looked a little pale and felt sick but insisted on staying in the game, which made everyone worry for her health and wellbeing.

"She doesn't look so good." Yumichika said, shaking his head. "Yeah, she doesn't. But she is too stubborn to stop, whenever they play dodgeball and it ends up between Ichigo and Kuro they tend to get extremely competitive." Ishihara explained, looking at the twins.

"Damnit Renji!" Rukia yelled, as she was hit. "You're out!!!" Coach Kagine blew the whistle calling Rukia and Renji out, since they both got hit.

"Alright, Toshiro. Don't fail me now, you've come this far." Kuro said, as she held two balls in her hand. "It's Captain Hitsuguya to you." He said, "No, it's Toshiro. Now deal with it." Kuro slid and kicked the ball, making sure it didn't touch Toshiro.

"Why are you protecting me?" He asked, becoming a litte agitated.

"Because, it's about to go down." Kuro threw a fast ball and now students from other classes were at the windows, watching the two siblings. Everyone in the group was amazed as the two threw balls at such a fast rate, but Ichigo bent down to grab a ball and was hit in the head by Kuroki. "You're out! Kuro and Toshiro win!" Kuroki cheered loudly, "That wasn't even remotely fair!!" He yelled and chased after Kuroki, who ran away from him laughing like crazy.

"Come back here!!" He yelled, "Nope, gotta catch me first!" She giggled and continued running in circles, as Ichigo chased her.

"Those two pick now to do this," Coach whined, but knowing the Kurosaki twins, he knew they were completely crazy enough to do this. Though Kuroki was having fun, she still felt as if someone was watching her. At the end of the day, she walked home earlier without everyone. The others were going to visit Kisuke at his shop for some other things they might have needed.

The bite mark was now bright red and looked like it would hurt to touch it. It's effects were already taking place, but Kuro didn't have to worry much longer she was a block away from home. "Kuro, are you alright? You seem panicked?" Yuki asked, as concern was laced in his voice.

"Yeah, just feeling a bit under the weather. Don't worry. Just go back to what you were doing. Don't come back out, until I need you too." She stumbled and leaned against the wall, breathing heavier. Finally reaching home, she threw her bookbag down and took off her shoes. "Dad?!" She called out and walked out into the living room but nobody was there. She walked into the kitchen and saw a note on the fridge door. It read:

We'll be back soon, we're out shopping for Rukia. There's some left overs of your favorite in the fridge.
        ~Yuzu

At Urahara's shop, Renji and the others sat down and discovered some unsettling news. "Do you still have that bug that bit Kuroki?" Kisuke asked Renji, "Yeah," He pulled it out of his pocket and handed it to him. "What's this about Kisuke? What did you call us here for?" Toshiro asked, "I called you all here because I believe either Aizen, Seiji or Gin is going after Kuroki. After all, her powers rival that of Gin's at this point. I believe this bug was sent from someone." Kisuke put the bug in a petri dish and pushed it into a device, he viewed the screen and came to unsettling discovery. "This bug wasn't an ordinary bug. It looks like it's some sort of bug from Hueco Mundo. I believe when it bit Kuroki, it released venom into her system. If I'm correct that venom could possibly kill her if not treated soon. Where is she?" Kisuke asked, "She's walking home. I'll call her." Ichigo pulled out his phone and dialed her number, before putting it on speaker phone.

At the house, Kuroki had gone crazy and was having a huge mental and physical breakdown. The entire house was a mess, with most of the furniture broken and destroyed. Yuki manifested himself and locked her in the bathroom making sure she couldn't get out, so when the phone rang Mari picked it up. "Hello?" She talked into the phone, "Mari, what are you doing on the phone? Where's Kuroki?" Ichigo asked, putting his phone on the table and sat down next to Rukia. "What's going on in there?" They heard Kon yelling and then Yuki, "Was that Yuki?" Ichigo asked, "Yeah, he showed up a little while ago. But he locked Kuro in the bathroom." Mari said, confusing everyone. "What do you mean?" Rukia asked, "A little while after she got home, Kon and I noticed something was wrong. She went nuts, she's extremely pale and looking sick, but she wrecked the entire place. Almost everything is completely destroyed or broken. I-" She was cut off, when Kuroki broke the door down and started hitting Yuki. She kicked Kon across the room, causing Mari to panic over the phone.

"Kon!! She just kicked Kon across the room and now she's fighting with Yuki. Oh no!!" They heard a lot of background noise and the phone is picked up. "Ichigo, get over here now!" Yuki hung up the phone, but he couldn't keep his manifested form and disappeared.

Kuroki was curled into a ball and now crying rocking back and forth. "Let's go," Ichigo stood up, "Before you leave, take this with you." Kisuke tossed Ichigo, "What is it?" Rukia asked, "An antidote." They left Kisuke's place and rushed home, only to find the place trashed. "She wasn't kidding when she said she wrecked the place." Ikkaku said, "Kuro?" Ichigo called out, "She's over there." Mari crawled towards them.

"Mari, what happened to you?" Yumichika picked her up, "Kuro, happened." She said weakly. Ichigo rushed over, looking behind the overturned couch to see Kuroki laying there. She was sickly pale, looking almost white and her breathing was labored. "Kuro!" Ichigo quickly moved the couch and everyone rushed over to her, "Here, drink this. It's gonna make you feel better." Ichigo gave her the antidote and carried her upstairs, into their room to rest. He walked back downstairs, where everyone had started cleaning up the place. "Kisuke may be right about this. But I don't think Aizen, Tosen or Gin are involved. I think Seiji is. And this obviously isn't going to end well." Rukia said.

In the small lens of a camera across from their window a man is seen watching Kuroki, who was sleeping in her room upstairs . "So doctor, what do you think?" A person from the shadows asked "She's perfect for the experiment. It should go well." He said, "Good. And don't disappoint me." The person left and the scientist laughed evilly. "We're coming for you, Kuroki Kurosaki."