Chapter 130: The Fight to Save Lives!

3rd person's POV

"Explain, NOW!" Ichigo raised his voice, causing both twins to flinch. Rei who was used to Ichigo's outbursts, for once, was taken back by how angry he really was at the situation. Especially since they were still dealing with Kariya and his people, they didn't have to the time to be arguing about anything. Yukio panicked, hiding behind his twin brother and shook heavily from Ichigo's outburst. Toshiro and Jushiro looked at one another, before turning to the twins for an explanation. The two captains concerned about Kuroki's health, as the last time they saw her, she was heavily injured and had passed out right before their eyes. "What happened to my sister, Rei?" Ichigo asked, this time a little calmer than before. "After she escaped the room.. We were all split up from one another. I was with Renji, keeping tabs on Mitsuo and Yukio had something else to do. Renji and I had no idea what was going on until we got word that Kuroki had escaped and she was heading straight for us. Just as well were about to run off to stop her, Ishihara appeared. And he was in soul reaper form and he had a zanpakuto." Everyone other than Yukio and Rei stood in shock, they couldn't even sense that Ishihara had soul reaper abilities like Kuroki and Ichigo.

"What?.." Ichigo sighed, shaking his head.

"Ishihara has a zanpakuto?!!" Orihime shouted, shocked to the core.

Chad stood there in silence, looking to Uryu who was staring at the ground intensely. Jushiro, Toshiro and Rangiku looked to one another in surprise, but quickly wiped it away as they wanted to let Rei finish talking. They all had many questions to ask the twins, especially about Ishihara's sudden change in status and the fact that he had Soul Reaper powers in the first place. It also made them wonder as to why they hadn't sensed his spiritual pressure before, but as they concentrated, they could now feel his light aura. Jushiro focused his mind, trying to feel for Kuroki's spiritual pressure and once he found that it was calm, he seemed to have calmed down too.

"When Ishihara showed up, we were backed by his sudden appearance when he was with Kisuke back in Karakura Town. Renji and I both knew that he was no match for Mitsuo, but that didn't stop him from trying to stand his ground against Mitsuo. Before their fight could even start, Kuroki appeared and that's when we revealed ourselves to Mitsuo. Kuroki was shocked to say the least when she saw Ishihara standing there, but she refused to let him fight. They argued a bit, until Mitsuo got so tired of it that he attacked them both. Then we all started fighting him, at some point, he trapped us behind a barrier and Kuroki was left to take him on alone." He explained, "You let her fight him alone?!! Why would you risk something like that after Kana appeared earlier and nearly killed Mitsuo in cold blood?!!" Ichigo snapped, Renji suddenly appeared beside Ichigo nearly startling everyone. "Renji, where the hell did you come from?" Ichigo asked, looking over his shoulder at the Red Head. "I was with Kuroki. I left Rukia, Toshihiro, Rui, and Ishihara with her at Captain Unohana's quarters." He said, "What is going on with you guys? We've all been feeling the crazy amount of reiatsu from the hospital." Renji said, "Wait. Did you just say hospital?" Rangiku stepped forward to Renji, looking extremely concerned. "Yes, Kuro's recovering in the hospital." He nodded, Ichigo's heart clenched hearing that. Before Renji could say anything else, a large explosion shakes the ground. The group panics, looking to one another and took off towards the town. When they get there, they stumble across Jidanbo who is injured. "Guys!! The gate is open!!" Renji alerted the group, causing them to worry. Uryu notices the seige engine but he's not too sure what it really is.

"Is that thing pointed at us?" Yukio asked, hiding behind Rei.

"Looks like it." He deadpanned.

"Oh god, this won't end well."

"When does anything ever end well for us?" Rei questioned.

"He's got a point." Renji nodded.

"Kariya!!!" Ichigo shouted angrily, he was fed up with all of this and just wanted to go see his sister. He wasn't just angry with Kariya and his intentions, he was angry that Kuroki had blatantly disregarded the worry he had for her possibly harming someone gravely, were she pushed to it. Kariya turns around and blasts the siege engine with a gale of wind powerful enough to dismantle its pieces and cause it to collapse, causing the gate to fall back down between the group and the Bounts. "Damn it, he's escaped again." Toshiro cursed, making both twins look at the Captain in slight shock as they hadn't heard Toshiro curse very often. They looked over to Jushiro, who seemed just as upset as Ichigo was. On the other side of the gate, Sawatari criticizes the group as being pathetic for Shinigami, "The real fight is about to begin. And would kindly advise you to not underestimate the captains, they are formidable foes." Kariya warned, he knew that the Captains would not allow him to get away with what he was hoping to accomplished. "I have tasked Mabashi and Yoshi with creating distractions... Sawatari, Koga.. I want you two to take out the captains." Kariya commanded.