Chapter 56: Almost out of time!

Kuroki's pov (A/N only play the song when Kuroki is fighting with Yuki.)

I was able to push Yuki back far enough with the giant sword, I had in my hand at the time. Sure it slowed down my speed when I attacked, but I flash stepped all over the place to throw him off. "Ah-ah-ahhh, you can't hide from me, Kuroki." He smirked, knowing that he had annoyed me when he said my full name. This time I was gonna let him get away with it, "Ahh, so you're hiding now? If you were smart enough, then I wouldn't be able to sense your spiritual pressure." He turned around and attacked me, but I dodged him. I slid back far only to be beaten with a whole bunch blasts of ice. I was thrown back with a lot of force and hit the boulders behind Rei. I gripped the sword tighter and shook off the debris, I stood up and charged at Yuki. He countered my attack but both of us were going all out, and we kept clashing swords. "Whoa, that's amazing." Yukio exclaimed, "I'm surprised, she's lasted this long without a break. Ichigo seems to be doing the same too." Yoruichi spoke up from behind Rei, "Let's just hope ichigo and Kuroki can reach bankai before Rukia's execution starts." Toshihiro said worriedly.

"Why don't you go check on the execution?" Yoruichi said, "Really?" Toshihiro shot up from his seat, "Yeah, go." Toshihiro nodded, before leaving causing Ichigo and me to look over to him. "Where the hell is he going in such a hurry?" I thought, but Yuki broke me out of my thoughts when he attacked me.

Meanwhile....

Gin walks towards Rukia, who looks stunned at first. "I dislike him very much. I dislike the way he acts. It always feels as of he could stun me with just one glance." Rukia thought to herself, Gin talks for a bit. "You know, Renji isn't dead yet." Rukia's eyes widen in surprise and checks seeing that his spirit energy isn't gone, it's just weak. "Do you want me to save Renji and you?" Gin asked Rukia, causing the guards to react in surprise. "What do you mean by that Captain Ichimaru?" The guards in charge of Rukia asked, who didn't understand the question either. "I was joking," Gin said and walked away. Rukia then starts to feel desperate, because Gin destroyed her resolve to accept her death sentence peacefully and made her want to live again. She then thought back to Kuroki.

"Ruki!!!" Kuroki's smiling face appeared, "Rukia! What did you do to Ichigo?!" Her laugh echoed in her mind. "Rukia, I'm so glad we became friends." Kuroki's voice echoed in her mind just as her signature smile did. "I want to live again. I want to stay in Ichigo and Kuroki's closet back in the world of the living. But I don't want people to die because of me." Rukia thought to herself. "Rukia, what are you doing in my closet?" Ichigo's voice echoed in her mind, as she got a flashback.

Flashback.....

"Did you hear that?" Kuroki asked sitting up in her bed, she looked towards Ichigo who was sitting up when he heard the beeping noise. "Yeah, what is that?" Ichigo got up, "Is it coming from the closet?" Kuroki went to stand up and Rukia suddenly opened the closet door. "What the hell?!" Kuroki yelled in surprise, as Rukia came out of nowhere and hit Ichigo with the soul removal glove. "No time to explain," Rukia then hit Kuroki and the two siblings were weirded out. "Rukia, why were you in the closet?" Kuroki asked, "Well, I can't go back to the soul society until I recover all of my powers. And I had nowhere else to stay, so I'll be living in your closet." Rukia smiled, making Ichigo yell and Kuroki to laugh at her brother freaking out.

Flashback over.....

"I have to live for her." Rukia thought to herself. Elsewhere in the seiritei, both captain Tosen and Komamura were still fighting with Kenpachi. They attack at the same time but he blocked them and set them tumbling to the ground. "Stop being so shocked every time I block you both. Now, show your bankai before you die!" Kenpachi shouted. Toshihiro, who was lurking the shadows watched over the fight. "Damn, Kenpachi is giving them hell. Well they deserve it." He shrugged and flash stepped away. "Bankai is not needed for a traitor." Komamura said. "I will finish Kenpachi. I have felt uneasy ever since Kenpachi became a captain in the first place. Kenpachi, you are unforgivable because of all the chaos you cause. Bankai, suzumushi final: Enma Kourogi." Tosen releases his bankai which satisfied kenpachi. Summoning nine rings that spread out and surround the battlefield, Tōsen creates a pitch black dome that negates all use of a person's senses.