Chapter 129: Rui's story To Tell!

3rd person's pov

Kuroki was still laid up in Squad 4's hospital, her injuries needing a bit more time to heal before she could even think of leaving. So there she was, laid up in her room, trying not to worry about the fluctuating spiritual energy that was not only coming from Ichigo but from everyone else out there as well. She could tell that things had become intense, but there was a sense of peace that washed over her when she could no longer sense Mitsuo's reiatsu. It was like he was no longer around, which finally let her rest in peace. Renji had gone off to take care of something, heading over to Ichigo and the others as he knew they would need help. Toshihiro, Rui, Rukia and Ishihara stayed behind with Kuroki at the Hospital making sure that everything was going to be alright. At the moment, Ishihara and Rui were walking down the hallway with a large haul of snacks that they could carry to her room. They had taken it upon themselves to keep her entertained and out of trouble, so she didn't get hurt any further. "You think-" Ishihara started, his blue eyes locked on the ground in front of him.

"You think he'll come back?"

"You mean Mitsuo?" Rui's purple eyes shifted over to Ishihara, whose gaze was still on the floor.

"Yeah,"

"No, I don't think so." Rui shook his head, "If anything, Ichigo and Kuroki of my realm probably have already tracked him down. They most likely will try to stop him from leaving again." He explained, shifting the snacks in his arms. A silence fell over them as they headed down the staircase, Ishihara was fumbling a bit behind. He had a lot of questions on his mind, all of them pertaining to the realm that Rui belonged to. He only knew that Rui had come from a separate realm in which everyone was the opposite gender than they were here in his realm, he also knew that he was Rukia's male counterpart and that was about it. He was curious to learn more about Rui and his realm, he was afraid that he would miss that chance if Rui left. Before long the two reached Kuroki's room, a smile crossed her face as she saw the mountain of snacks they had in their arms. "And we have arrived with the snacks!" Ishihara said enthusiastically, smiling as he and Rui dumped the snacks on the bed. Rukia shook her head, smiling at the two boys as they came in. Ishihara closed the door behind him, he pulled up a chair beside the bed and sat down while Rui moved some of the snacks and took a seat on the edge of the bed. Rukia scooted over, giving Rui room to sit as she snatched a snack. That's when she noticed that all the snacks on the bed happened to be Kuroki's favorite, which made her curious. Rui crossed his legs, leaning back against the headboard, grabbing a snack from the pile.

"You really brought all of these snacks for me?" She asked, a smile on her face. Her green eyes flitted over to Ishihara, who gave her a bright smile.

"Yeah," Rui shrugged, "We figured that you would be here a while and since you are the kind of person who doesn't like to sit around and be bored, we brought snacks to cheer you up." He explained, munching on some potato chips.

"How did you know that these were her favorites? I doubt that Ishihara told you that." Rukia raised an eyebrow at Rui, making Ishihara and Kuroki look over at him in curiosity as well. "Yeah, I'm curious too. How did you know if I didn't tell you?" He asked, leaning back in his seat.

"Well... Remember when I told you that in my realm everyone is the opposite gender of what they are here?"

"Yes," Kuroki nodded, as Rukia's purple eyes shifted to Rui.

"Because I am Rukia's male counterpart, I basically have the same family history as she does. That includes events that have happened here too. For instance, meeting the two of you. We went through that whole thing where I needed to be saved by Kuroki and Ichigo's counterparts. I assume that you are close with Rukia, am I right?" He asked, looking between Rukia and Kuroki. The two smiled at one another, knowing just how close they really are. "Yeah. We're very close. I tell her things that I can't tell Ichigo or Renji." Kuroki said, taking another snack from the pile.

"Well, it's the same with your counterpart and I. Kuroki from my realm and I are extremely close and I happened to pay attention to some of the snacks that Ichigo has given him. That's how I knew what your favorite snacks were." He smiled, Kuroki nodded and gave him a light smile. "Am I like my counterpart?" Kuroki asked, sitting forward. "In some ways. I would say he's much more violent than you at times. There is a lot of similarities between you both, but not everything in your personality is alike." Rui shook his head, fondly smiling at a distant memory of a time where Kuroki and Ichigo had gotten into a fight.

"Now, I was expecting that." Rukia chuckled, "What?" Kuroki looked over at Rukia, wondering why she said that. "What?" Rukia asked, "Why'd you say that?" Kuroki quipped, crossing her arms as she sucked on a lollipop. "Because I can totally picture your counterpart being much more aggressive." Rukia smiled, making Kuroki roll her eyes and sit back.

"There's still something that I am confused about." Ishihara spoke, turning eyes to him.

"What is it, Ishihara?" Kuroki asked.

"I'm still curious about how Mitsuo managed to escape from your realm and into ours?" Ishihara questioned, his eyes giving off a cold stare at Rui who sat forward. His purple eye's fell to the sheet in front of him, sighing as he tried to think of a way to explain what happened. "Well, it's a long story.. So just prepare yourselves." Rui started, making eye contact with Ishihara.

"Well, go on." Ishihara gestured, "So it happened like this.." Rui started off.