Chapter 54: Reaching Bankai is almost impossible

Kuroki's pov

We were now on the next phase of training with our Zanpakuto's, Yuki and I clashed swords constantly. He flash stepped away and I chased after him, but I didn't get very far with the sword I had. He came at me and the sword broke on impact, a gush of strong wind blew as I was thrown back into a boulder where Ichigo was. "Damnit," I muttered, as I brushed the debris off of me.

"What are you doing over here?" Ichigo rushed over to help me stand up, "Watch out, you two!" Rei yelled, I turned my head seeing shards of ice coming towards us. I shoved Ichigo down on the ground, taking a spot in front of him. "Tsumetai shimo!" I shouted, blocking the shards of ice from hitting Ichigo. "Behind you!" I turned around, but I reacted to slow and was slashed across the back. Yuki then appeared and kicked me in my side, which threw me off. I flew back from the impact of the kick and sailed past Toshihiro and the others into the area Renji was in. The boulder I hit, collapsed on top of me and I hit the ground. "Kuro! Are you alright?" I could hear the others yelling for me, so I shoved all the rocks off of me. I felt liquid run down my side, and saw that he had cut my shirt open and cut some skin. "Damnit," I cursed under my breath and stood up. "Hey, are you alright?" I turned my face to see Renji, "Yeah, I'm alright. Don't worry about me." I looked around, looking for Yuki. "Found ya," I muttered and grabbed my sword. "Kori Ame!!!" Ice shards rained down and I kept any from hitting Renji. I charged at Yuki while he was dodging the shards, but before I attacked from the front I picked up a bigger sword to my right and flash stepped behind him. He didn't see me until I had slashed him across his back, and he quickly turned around to face me.

"You picked up a bigger sword?" His line of vision trailed to my sword and I looked at it. It was huge and when I mean huge, I mean huge. It's handle was covered in cloth like Ichigo's, but it wasn't curved like his was. It was much like the first one Ichigo had after he first got Rukia's powers. It was different because the hilt was a lot lighter, it also had writing on the side of the sword and the sword wasn't black and white. It was a gray color with hints of blue in it, it looked really beautiful. "Whoa, that sword." Yukio said, staring in awe.

"Whoa is right," Rei said, "Of course you do realize, using a big sword such as this one would slow you down right?" He said, "That wouldn't matter as long I can block your attacks. I don't have to be fast." I said to him, making him smirk. "We'll see," The two of us stood apart, just staring each other down for a few minutes. I blocked everything out and he made the first move, which was to attack from the front. "Too slow," He flash stepped and attacked from behind, but I reacted quick enough to block his attack. The impact from the swords clashing sent both of us sliding back, but I held my ground and charged at him. We clashed swords again and we kept going, I landed a kick in his stomach but it didn't affect him. I was beginning to get tired out, after three hours of us fighting.

On the sidelines....

"Whoa just look at them go," Toshihiro said, watching his best friend in awe. "She really does want to achieve bankai. But I'm worried about this. About the both of them." Yoruichi looks back at Ichigo, who was still fighting with zangetsu.

At the executions grounds, it was cloudy as Gin and Toshiro walked with their lieutenant's separately. The door to the Shinshinro is opened and Rukia takes her leave being escorted to Sokyoku hill. Elsewhere, Kenpachi races down along the hallways of the seiritei with his lieutenant and Orihime clinging to his back. Ikkaku, Yumichika and Makizo are all running along side him. In the holding cells, Uryu and Ganju were arguing over something. "Uhhh guys, there's something going on outside." Chad said, causing the two to stop arguing and look at Chad. "Do you think it could be Ichigo?" Ganju asked, "Or it could be Kuroki." Uryu said, "Or it could be both." Chad said and just as they were figuring this out, someone crashes through the roof of the cell. As the dust settles in, they look terrified to see Kenpachi standing there. "Hey guys! I'm so glad you guys are okay!" Orihime pops up from behind his shoulder, shocking the two. "Or-Orihime?" Uryu coughs out in surprise.

Elsewhere Byakuya stands in front of a picture of his deceased wife, Hisana Kuchiki, who looks a lot like Rukia. As Byakuya leaves for execution, Captain Komamura walks with his lieutenant, Tetsuzaemon. "There is no doubts about the execution." He said to his  lieutenant, "I agree with you on this one, Komamura." Tosen appeared. At the same time Sui Feng, captain of the second division is walking with her lieutenant Marechiyo Omaeda. "I'm not really interested about whether this execution is right or wrong. I will continue to carry my duties." Sui Feng said, as they walked the halls of the seiritei. At the squad eight barracks, Shunsui is lazily laying on the roof of his barracks. "Captain, we have to get ready for the execution." Nanao said to him, but Seiji had other ideas. He stomped up onto the roof, catching the attention of Nanao and Shunsui. "What's gotten you so upset, my friend?" Shunsui looked up at Seiji, "For one, you won't get up and two Rukia's execution is today. You know this execution is complete crap. Rukia doesn't deserve this, so I'm going to stop it." Before Nanao and Shunsui could react, Seiji had flash stepped away. "Well, this won't end well." Shunsui mumbled and stood up. "Looks like old man Yama will scold me for this." He said to Nanao, who looked to him. "Captain, shouldn't we go after Seiji?" Nanao asked, "Nope, just let him do his thing." He said, shaking his head and they left.

Meanwhile, Kenpachi's group which now included Uryu, chad and ganju end up in a dead end. Yachiru gets angry as Uryu and Orihine try to make up excuses to make her feel better. "See, we shouldn't have followed yachiru in the first place. All she did was get us lost." Ikkaku muttered and upon hearing this, Yachiru jumps off of Kenpachi's shoulder and bites Ikkaku on the head. "Hey! Oww! Stop biting me!! Get off!!" Ikkaku shouted but Yachiru didn't budge, while both Yumichika and Kenpachi sensed an onimous presence. "You can stop hiding now, I can tell your here." Kenpachi called out, causing everyone's attention to fall on Kenpachi. Captain Komamura and Tosen show themselves along with Shuhei and Tetsuzaemon. "Why are you aiding the Ryoka?" Tosen asked Kenpachi, "We have you outnumbered for a fight." Yumichika said, "No, I want to fight this battle one on four." He said, making the others look shocked all except for Yachiru, Ikkaku and Yumichika. "You are simply to arrogant." Tosen said, with Komamaru agreeing with him.

"Alright, come at me. I want you all to come at me at once." Kenpachi smirks at them, "What do we do now?" Uryu thought to himself, "Kenny, the rest of us will continue on." Yachiru said, "Yeah, I'll catch up with you later." Kenpachi said, still looking to Tosen. "You can't be serious. You must of lost your pride and sanity to when you lost to that ryoka." Tosen stated, but all this did was make Kenpachi smile. "I never had any sanity to begin with." He smiled.

Just as they got ready to fight Yumichika and Ikkaku wanted to join in, but Kenpachi tells them to stay out of his way while he fights the two captains. They agree and the two of them leave along with Iba and Hisagi to fight their separate battles. After they leave, Kenpachi says that hopefully this fight will keep him awake. Upon hearing more of his arrogance, Komamura angrily releases his Zanpakutō and fires a ground shattering blast of his Tenken attack at Kenpachi. At the same time, Tosen fires his benihiko attack from the air, which sends hundreds of swords down at Kenpachi. As the dust settle, both Tosen and Komamura land safely on the ground. "Nobody could have survived that." He said, but they both are in for a shock when Kenpachi comes out laughing and that he took their attacks as if they were nothing. "Seems like this battle won't keep me awake after all." Kenpachi said, as he pulled out a blade from his shoulder.

With the others, Renji has wrapped up his bankai training and was prepared to leave. "Do you really think Ichigo and Kuroki will achieve bankai, they don't have any time left?" Renji stops to ask Yoruichi, before leaving. Yoruichi ponders as Yuki and Zangetsu tell their partners they won't make training easier, even though they are weakining.

"That doesn't mean jack, I don't want you to hold back Yuki." Kuroki grumbled, as she stood up. "Ichigo and Kuroki both need to realize that deep inside they both have the ability to possess great power. I believe in them both that they can achieve bankai." Yoruichi explained to the four, "You don't have to worry about that, Yoruichi." Toshihiro said, "Why?" Renji asked, looking to Toshihiro. "Because if I know the Kurosaki siblings, they possess great power and they definitely achieve bankai because they care enough to save their friend." He said, placing a hand on Renji's shoulder. "Yeah, Toshihiro is right. Those two aren't gonna give up no matter what happens." Rei said and they all looked over to the siblings, who were fighting with their zanpakuto's.