Chapter 43: Reunion, Ichigo, Kuroki and Rukia

3rd person's pov

Ichigo lies flat on a small mat, parts of his body wrapped up in bandages. Next to his mat, laid an unconscious Kuroki. Most of her chest area and back were wrapped up in bandages, and her zanpakuto laid next to her mat. Yoruichi sits in the corner watching over the two sleeping teens. "What- where am I?" Ichigo had woken up and looked around, but he still didn't notice his sister next to him. "Yoruichi?" He asked, looking over at the black cat. "Well, I see finally one of you twins are awake." Yoruichi spoke, relieved that Ichigo was awake. "What twin? What are you talking about?" Ichigo asked, "Look to your left, Ichigo." Yoruichi nodded her head towards Kuroki and he followed her line of vision. "Kuroki?" He gasped, taking in the sight of her bandages.

"Where did you find her?" He turned to the side, "She was right next to you. I'm guessing she had a fight with Captain Hitsuguya." She said, "That's one of the captains she told me she ran into after we got separated." Ichigo said. "Yeah well, she made it away from him somehow. I found her passed out in the crater you made, she must have found you after her fight. I commend her for making it this far on her own." Yoruichi said, "How did you bring both of us here?" Yoruichi nodded towards the other corner, where he saw the two twins. "Rei? Yukio? What are you two doing here?" Ichigo yelled, "Well, we're soul reapers in training." Yukio said, "Man, I'm so glad to see you two. How long have you been soul reapers?" Ichigo smiled, "Well ever since the day we moved. The thing is we didn't know you guys could see spirits either until Kisuke told us." Rei said, "You two have certainly changed. For one Rei is quieter now than he was back then. And you, Yukio seem more energetic and talkative than when we were kids." Ichigo smiled, "Yeah, that's true." Yukio nodded his head, "Chad!! Chad is in trouble!" Ichigo shot up, but doubled over in pain and his wound reopened. "You need to lie back down. You haven't fully recovered from your injuries." Yoruichi pushed Ichigo back down.

"But Chad is in danger!!" Ichigo yelled, trying to sit back up.

"It's fine. Orihime, Uryu and Chad are all fine. You are lucky that you made it out alive with the blows you absorbed. When I found you both, Kuroki was barely moving. Her injuries were far worse than yours, considering you fought the strongest Captain. I'm just glad when found her when we did." Yoruichi reprimanded ichigo, pushing the partially broken hollow mask that protected Ichigo. "It's the same mask as before. Why does it keep coming back?" Ichigo thinks to himself and they all hear movement from his left. "Damn that stupid Shiro, stupid Zanpakuto and stupid cute face." Ichigo looked over his shoulder, seeing Kuroki moving around.

"Damn! That hurts!" She was trying to sit up, "Kuro, you need to lie back down. If you agitate your wounds, it won't be good for you. We need you to make a full recovery." Yoruichi walked over to her, "Yoruichi?" Kuroki opened one eye and saw Yoruichi's black figure sitting on her lap. "Yeah, it's me. I'm glad to see you awake." She said, "Yoruichi!!!!" Kuroki grabbed onto her and hugged her tightly. "Thank god, you found me. I missed you, Yoruichi." She cried into Yoruichi, "Kuro, why are you crying?" Yoruichi asked, weirded out by the sudden mood change.

"I can't feel Chad's spiritual pressure anymore, neither can I sense Toshihiro." She sniffled, "It's alright. Chad will be fine." Ichigo spoke up, "Yoruichi, did you just say something?" She asked, "No, but look to your right." Kuroki looked to her right seeing her brother, the one person she wanted to stay with. "Ichigo!" She dropped Yoruichi, who landed on her paws and launched herself onto Ichigo. "I'm glad to see you're alright." He hugged her back, smiling down at his sister. "I was so worried. When I saw you unconscious, I became scared. Your breathing was slow and I could barely feel your spiritual pressure. Thank god you survived." She cried into his chest, holding him tightly. "It's all thanks to Yoruichi. Anyways, this mask is the reason I survived." Ichigo showed the mask to Kuroki, "I don't care about that damn mask. I'm just glad you are alright." She pushed it away, "Ichigo, you should keep that mask with you." Yoruichi said, "This thing has saved me numerous times, I want it for good luck." Kuroki looked up at ichigo and then to Yoruichi, who had a blue aurora around her and an intimidating look that was given to Ichigo.