Chapter 123: Hitsugaya Strikes! The Fight against Mitsuo!

3rd person's pov

Currently, in the forest of the Soul Society, dozens of men are working at chopping down trees using axes and ropes while in the Seireitei, the 7th seat of the tenth division, Kokichiro Takezoe informs Captain Hitsugaya and Rangiku that they have confirmed some strange movements in Kusajishi. "Captain, someone has hired many villagers to cut down in the forest." He explained, alerting Rangiku of Toshiro having questions. "Could this be the work of a bount?" He asked, looking to Rangiku. "It seems that a bookie of one of the gambling halls in Kusajishi might be behind this on the surface. It does seem that someone is pulling the strings. I actually have more information about this." Kokichiro explained. "Captain, what should we do?" Rangiku looked to Toshiro, "This is a clue we have been waiting for. We are going to need to do a search." Toshiro said, as Rangiku assumed that they would send a subordinate in the tenth division to do the search. "No, Rangiku. We will be visiting Yukio. He's been in on the loop with everything that the bounts have been doing." Toshiro explained, shocking Rangiku. Just as he said that Yukio had just shunpoed into the room. "Yukio, we were just about to come see you." Rangiku stated, looking at a panicked Yukio. By now, both Toshiro and Rangiku noticed the look on his face and it confused them. "What's wrong, Yukio? What's the panicked expression?" Toshiro questioned, as he looked up at the young man standing just a few feet away from him. "Kuroki..." He stammered. "What about Kuroki? Did you find her?" Toshiro asked, crossing his arms. "They found her... She tracked down Renji... And Renji is with Rei. And the two of them.." Yukio said, as Rangiku's eyes widened when she realized what Yukio was getting at.

"They were asked by Captain Kuchiki and Ichigo to keep an eye on Mitsuo's whereabouts so that he wouldn't actively try going after Kuroki again." Rangiku stated, looking to Toshiro with a panicked expression. "If she's there... Then we have a serious problem on our hands." Toshiro spoke, Yukio's pager suddenly went off startling everyone in the process. He quickly looked at it, his eyes widening as he read the message sent to him. "Yukio? Who's it from?" Rangiku asked, looking concerned.

"From Rei." 

"And what does it say?" 

"That Ishihara is here with him, Renji and Kuroki... And that's not all. Ishihara has soul reaper powers and he wants to fight Mitsuo head-on." Both Rangiku and Toshiro looked at one another, shock and worry were written across both of their faces. "This isn't going to be good at all..." Toshiro thought to himself. Elsewhere, Ganju was huddled with Orihime, Chad, Kurodo, and Noba alongside the members of the Kudajishi Bull's Gang while Daiji Hirasago approaches them with a report from the man he put on reconnaissance. "Do you know anything about the movements of Jin Kariya?" Ganju asked, "The bounts have gathered an impressive number of people in a short period of time." He said, before going into details about how they are gathering ruffians from across Kusajishi. "Even if they were to fight against us, they lack reiryoku despite their toughness. "Did you forget? The soul reapers would not fight seriously against the civilians they were sworn to protect. It's a huge burden to fight while holding back." Ganju stated, crossing his arms. "Hmm.. You are right about that." Daiji acknowledged. "The Bounts might be thinking of more way than one to attack the Soul Society. They have smaller numbers." Ganju theorized, "So what will you do about it?" Daiji questioned Ganju, "We are going to stop the Bounts and bring up how the Kusajishi residents were unruly to begin with." Ganju declared, "It'll make it easier for the Soul Reapers to fight the residents, if they break up the crowd." Ganju suddenly realized that he was going to have to consult Daiji about this. "Bro." Ganju throws an arm around Daiji, who is taken back by his sudden actions. 

"What are you doing? And why'd you call me, bro? We aren't that close." Daiji stated, looking to him in confusion.

"Don't worry about it." Ganju said dismissively, "Listen, we don not have a lot of time. I need your help. I need you to gather as many of your allies as you can." He added.