Chapter 17: Ichigo Dies

Kuroki's pov

I turned the corner and kept running and then I felt a giant spiritual pressure, I instantly recognized it to be Ichigo's spiritual pressure. I couldn't believe that this was his, I still couldn't tell where they were and I was beginning to get scared. I kept running and ran into a lost little girl. "I'm sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going. Wait a minute, are you a soul?" I asked, "Yeah," She seemed scared, maybe she was being chased by a hollow. "What's wrong?" I felt the ground shake underneath me and heard the roar of a hollow.

"You'll be safe in the soul society. I've heard its a great place." I said and held her shoulders. A large foot suddenly came down, making the little girl scream.

"Alright Yuki, here we go." I pulled him out and held off the foot. I grabbed the girls arm with my free hand and stabbed the hollow, so he moved his foot and cried out. He seemed to get more angry and stomped his foot near us, pushing me back.

"What's your name, little girl?" I asked, hovering over her.

"It's Yui, what's yours?" She looked up at me, "It's Kuroki, but call me Kuro." I said and she held onto me tight. I held my ground, pushing her behind me. "Yui, stay behind me." I positioned Yuki in front of me, making sure Yui was still behind me.

"Why are you following this girl?" I asked, looking up at the hollow. "She is my next meal, but I think I should eat you first." He stomped his foot down, making me move back.

Another foot comes down and I push Yui out the way, trying to hold off the hollow. My left arm starts shaking, making me jump back. He smacks me with his tail and I hit the wall, he then attacks me when I least expected it. He scratched me across the back, and I hit the ground. I got up feeling the blood run down by back as I quickly perform a konso on Yui. I sighed in relief and then heard the hollow growl, before I was smacked again by his tail. I flew back a couple of blocks and held my ground.

"You cost me my meal, now you will pay for that." He said, as I got ready to fight him. He sends his tail towards me, but I countered it with Yuki and cut off most of his tail. He moved back, letting out a loud screech of pain as I landed back on the ground breathing hard, my wound was beginning to slow me down.

I charged at him, swinging my sword up into the air. "Korudo Danmaku!" I landed back down on my feet, "Are you alright, Kuro?" He asked, "Yeah, I'm alright." I said, and started running down the street. I turn the corner, sliding across a little. I spotted Ichigo on the floor, holding onto somebody's clothes. I gasped, watching as Rukia kicked Ichigo's hand. Rukia walks away with two guys, one of them had long black hair but looked older and the other was as tall as Ichigo. He had spiky red hair, that was tied up in a spiky ponytail.

"Ichigo!!!!" I shouted, Rukia stopped walking but didn't look back. "Kuro?" Ichigo said, looking back at me. The guy with red hair stopped walking, turning to look back and our eyes met. I blushed lightly, and he looked away sporting a blush of his own.

"Rukia, what's going on? Who are these people? Why are you leaving?" I asked, looking over at Rukia. "What are you doing?" Ichigo asked, looking up at her. "Listen both of you.. Never think of coming after me to rescue me, or I'll never forgive you." She said, making me freeze in my spot. Was Rukia in some sort of trouble with these men?

"I shattered the soul's two fatal areas, the chain link and the soul sleep. You will most likely die in under an hour, but even if he lives, all his Shinigami powers will be gone." The guy with long black hair explained, he had blue eyes that reminded me of Rukia's. It's possible that they both are related, since he is older, he could be an older brother. They turn back around, as the redhead uses his zanpakuto as a key. A wooden door appears in front of the three, but before they could go through, I stopped Rukia.

"Rukia? Why are you leaving?!! Why? Don't leave!" I shouted, but the only response I got was her shaking her head without looking back. My eyes filled with tears, as she disappeared through the door. I stood there in complete shock, I snapped out of my daze and rushed over to Ichigo, as I started feeling weak.

"Kuro?" I heard Yuki's voice faintly, before falling onto the ground seeing Kisuke's figure from a distance. I blacked out completely. I felt broken. Ichigo almost died, while Rukia betrayed us by leaving with them. I woke up before Ichigo and found Tessai sitting there so he called Kisuke, who helped me stand up and took me me outside of the room. He told me that Uryu was healed, and that he went home since his injury wasn't that bad.

"So how are you feeling?" Kisuke asked, sipping his tea. "I feel numb to be honest with you, Kisuke. Maybe it's because Rukia left or maybe it's the fact that Ichigo almost died last night. I was so worried about Ichigo, that I forgot that I injured myself fighting a hollow. I just don't understand why Rukia said what she said. I mean Ichigo almost died and she didn't even turn around or stop for one minute to explain anything to us. She didn't answer my question." I put my cup down angrily, I couldn't believe that she had left him there to die.

"Hey, calm down and take a few deep breathes." Kisuke suggested, so I did what he told me too. "Kisuke, Ichigo's awake." Tessai said, poking his head out of the room and I rushed towards the room. "Hey, take it easy. You'll reopen your wound." Kisuke said, but I didn't listen and I opened the door. Ichigo was sitting up, his chest all bandaged up and I started to tear up.

"Kuro, what's going on?" He looked up at me, I calmly walked over to him before smacking him clean across the face. "Ow Jesus, what the he-" He stopped talking, when he saw the tears rolling down my cheek. "That's for scaring me half to death. I thought you were going to die and if Kisuke hadn't of come when it happened..." I sniffled, stopping myself mid sentence. "I'm sorry Kuro. I didn't mean to worry you so much." He apologized, as I bent down and wrapped my arms around him.

"Thank god, you're okay now." I cried into him, as he hugged me back. "You two are Rukia's last hope. If she stays in the Soul Society, she'll be executed." Kisuke explained, after I finally calmed down. "But that's impossible, she's in the soul society." Ichigo stated, while I stayed quiet. "There is a way to get there and save Rukia, but in exchange you have to let me train you both for ten days." Kisuke said, "But we don't have that much time. Rukia could be killed!" Ichigo said angrily, "In the state you both are in, you two would definitely die in the soul society. There is a one month grace before execution. It will take ten days to train you and to open the gate to the soul society, and you have thirteen days when you're there." Kisuke explained, making me question him. "Can we really get stronger within ten days?" Ichigo asked, as I remembered how Rukia didn't turn around when I asked her those questions. I learned that the red haired guy was named Renji, he was a lieutenant in the sixth division. The tall guy, with long black hair was Rukia's older brother was Byakuya Kuchiki, he is the Captain of the sixth.