Chapter 88: A New Game

Kuroki's pov

My head felt like it was going to explode as I started to wake up, "She's awake!" I heard someone yell, making me grimace. "Don't be so loud, my head is pounding." I moaned, holding the side of my head. "Kuro, I see you're finally awake. Well, that's a good thing." I opened my eyes seeing Kisuke standing beside Tessai and Bishamon, while Uryu stood off to the right. Ichigo was crouched down in next to me to my right and Renji was doing to the same on my left with the twins, while Toshihiro sitting at my feet. "What the- why are you all sitting around me like this?" I sat up quickly but nearly fell over, luckily Ichigo caught me. "Whoa, take it easy, sis. You shouldn't be moving around too much." Ichigo stated, his hands were secured around my back and my shoulder to keep me sitting up.

"What? Wait, what happened?" I asked him, "You don't remember?" Bishamon asked me, quirking an eyebrow at me.

"All I remember is us trying to get Orihime back and that dude Kurodo showed up. I also remember there being three people there that we had to fight, but everything after that is fuzzy." I explained, looking to Kisuke. "So you really don't remember anything that happened?" I shook my head a bit, "We were trying to get Orihime back so we had to fight those three. But they took Chad. You were fighting the guy with red hair and he kicked you into the apartment which made you pass out." Ichigo explained and it got quiet, until my stomach rumbled loudly. I burned bright red as Bishamon, Ichigo, Renji and the others laughed at me. "It's not funny," I shouted, making them laugh more. "Kisuke." My mood suddenly changed, "Yes, what is it Kuro?" His smug look made me suspicious, did he know something?

"Where is Mari?" I asked, "Not sure, the last time I saw her was when she was with Yukio's mod soul." He turned his head to Yukio, who looked at me. "Yukio..... Do you know where Mari is?" I crossed my arms and stared at him intensely, "No?" His answer seemed more like a question.

"I'll find them." Bishamon swiftly walked out of the room for some reason.

"Now, let's get back to the matter at hand." Kisuke sat down around the coffee table that was in the room. "Can we leave our bodies in your care?" Ichigo asked, "Sure," Kisuke sipped his tea, "How do we defeat these things. Whatever they are?" I looked at Kisuke, I had a feeling something was going to happen with Kisuke. Kisuke knew something we didn't and I didn't like it, but I wasn't going to let it get in the way of anything especially to save Orihime and Chad. Suddenly my phone started buzzing and I pulled it out.

"Hello?" I looked up at Ichigo, "Time for a new mystery! Go to the museum so we can continue the game." The girl called Ririn laughed and hung up. "Where does she want us to go?" Renji helped me stand up, "The museum." I put the phone in my pocket, "Alright, Kon, let's go. You're coming with us." Ichigo grabbed Kon, before we left I pulled Kisuke to the side. "What do you want to talk to me about, Kuro?" Kisuke smirked, "Well, for one. I think you know something that we don't. So if you do now is the time to come clean." I crossed my arms, shifting my weight onto my right leg. "What makes you think I'm hiding something?" He took another sip of his tea, setting his cup down and looked at me.

"Kisuke, you look shady. No kid would ever take candy from you if you didn't own a candy shop, because nobody trusts you. If you're hiding something from me and I find out you lied about it, I will not hesitate to kick your ass. I'm not playing with you Kisuke, I'm serious." I stood up from my spot and walked off, passing Bishamon in the hallway.

"Hey Bishamon, tell me if Kisuke starts acting weird, alright?" She nodded, "Don't worry, I'm pretty sure Kisuke will know something regardless of your threat. I'll keep an eye on him." I walked away and followed Ichigo to the museum, when we got there I had noticed something. Uryu had sewed a backpack onto Kon, "Uryu, is there a reason you put string and a bookbag on Kon?" I looked down at Kon, "Well if we got lost, I thought I would be a good idea to be able to trace back to where we started." Uryu pushed up his glasses, "So why didn't Toshihiro, Rei and Yukio come?" Ichigo looked to me as well as Renji. "Apparently Toshihiro is helping Yoruichi with something and Rei and Yukio were given the task to watch and protect our bodies. I doubt that Yukio would be responsible enough and Kisuke is making himself look suspicious." I told them, "What?" Ichigo looked down at me, giving me a confused look.