Chapter 2: The Shinigami's Work

Kuroki's pov

I rolled over in my bed, facing towards the wall when I heard yelling. I put my pillow over my head and heard a thud, so I opened my eyes to see dad on the floor. I rubbed my eyes and sat up, "Ichigo, what's going on?" I asked. "Well, Dad decided to jump on me while I was sleeping so I kicked him." Ichigo said and I just sat there with a blank look on my face. "So how is Karin and Yuzu doing?" Ichigo asked as I sat up in bed and looked over at Dad. "What are talking about? The girls are fine although, someone crashed a large truck crashed through the front of our house." Dad explained, becoming confused. "That's weird, well at least nobody got hurt." Yuzu said, and I shook my head in confusion. We got ready for school and left the house.

"Hiiiiiii, Kuroki!" I know that voice, oh no. I turned slowly around only to met with a hug from a friend of mines. "Hi, Ishihara." I greeted, "How are you today?!" He asked, he was seriously way to happy. "I'm fine... Now can you let go of me? I have to get to class." I asked nicely, and he let go. So I ran off to find Ichigo, "Oww!" I bumped into someone along the way, I quickly turned around to see who I bumped into.

"Sorry, Tatsuki." I quickly apologized and rushed off, finally reaching class before the bell rang.

"Did you hear that we are getting a new student?" One the kids in my class said and I walked over to Ichigo, we were placed in the same class and we both are currently 15. "Hey Ichigo, what do you think the new kid will be like?" I asked and he shook his head, "Hello, my names Rukia." I turned around to see Rukia and I couldn't believe it, I froze in place before falling backwards and passing out.

"Kuroki! Kuroki, are you are okay? Come on Kuro, wake up." I could hear shouts of my name fading away and I woke up about ten minutes later. "Kuro, are you okay?" I saw Ichigo hovering over me, I quickly sat up and hit my forehead on his. "What the hell, Kuro?" Ichigo shouted, holding his head.

"What were you doing so close to my face?!" I shot back and we started arguing, which probably annoyed Rukia.

"Uhh guys. Guys. GUYS! Would you two stop arguing and listen to me?" Rukia shouted and we stopped arguing and looked at her. After class, we both confronted her about why she was at our school. "Why are you still here?" I asked, crossing my arms as I stood next to Ichigo.

"I can't go home, when I gave you my power you ended taking almost all of my powers so I have to stay here until I regain all of my powers only a soul reaper can go back to where I'm from." Rukia said, "Can you take over the responsibilities of a soul reaper?" Ichigo refused and she took out a glove, putting it on her hand making me suspicious. "Ichigo, why don't you want too? I'm sure, it's pretty awesome." I said, but before he could answer me, Rukia removed him from his body and I caught Ichigo's body.

"What the hell did you to my brother?" I asked, turning to her out of concern. "I just removed his soul, relax." Rukia said, "Strawberry, you're heavy you know that." I said and dropped his body onto the floor, "Hey! Watch what you do to my body!" Ichigo grew agitated, "Oh," I said with a sinister grin on my face, "What are you gonna do to my body, Kuro?" He asked, "Oh nothing," I said sweetly and then I put his hair in pigtails and started laughing. "Hey! that's not funny!!! Get back here, Kuro!!" Ichigo started to chase me, as I continued to laugh. He caught me and started to mess with me, until Rukia told us to come with her. "Why are we at a playground?" I asked as I saw a little boy running from something, which must have been another hollow.

"I have to go help him." Ichigo said, "If you do, then you have to commit to saving all of the other souls just the same!" Rukia said, "Are you willing to take on the responsibilities of a soul reaper?" She asked again, but Ichigo didn't answer. My body tensed up, as I sensed something not too far away from us. "Rukia, do you sense that?" I asked, but she shook her head and I ran off.