thirteen.

Flora. 

I wait impatiently in the living room, having got home from work late. Luke is driving down from uni this weekend to see me - seeing as my parents are away. I haven't seen him for a few months, flights to Australia are ridiculously expensive. The house is pretty silent, I'm absent mindedly watching some friends on comedy central as I watch the dark street. I strain my head to see out the window as yellow headlights can be seen travelling towards my house quickly, I know it's luke even before he swings to a stop recklessly, half on the pavement. He's always been a shitty driver.  

I stand up, practically running out onto the drive, the gravel is soaked from the rain and it goes right through my socks as the tall figure pulls a holdall from his boot, shutting it with a loud thump and heading towards me, I run into his embrace hugging him tightly. He's so tall my face is buried in his chest, he smells of the same hugo boss after shave he's always bought, and he's wearing a sleeveless black top despite the weather. 

"Oh my god, Flo, I've fucking missed you" He chuckles, his accent gets stronger every time I see him,not surprising I guess seeing as he left 11 years ago. 

"I've missed you too!" I say, looking up at his towering height. 

"You've grown, jesus Luke"  I say, as he picks his bag up and follows me into the house. 

"Yeah probably, you haven't though" He chuckles, ruffling my hair as he shuts the kitchen door. I peel my soaked socks off, going to chuck them in the washing. When I return he's putting the kettle on. 

"So, hows the new job?" He turns around grinning as I pass two mugs to him. 

"It's.. good" I say, pausing as I think about Harry and his reaction to Luke. 

"That's so cool that you got like your dream job, without even needing the degree" He says dropping tea bags into each mug. He turns to look at me and I narrow my eyes, there's a lip ring on his bottom lip. 

"Luke Hemmings what the hell is that" I look at him, my mouth open in mock horror, he laughs, touching it with a thumb and forefinger. 

"It's my lip ring, don't you like it?" He pouts. 

"Is this because of that band" I roll my eyes, looking over his ripped skinny jeans and I notice his black vest has Iron Maiden on it. 

"Maybe" He says. Shrugging and turning away from me to pour the kettle. I smile, Luke almost dropped out of school for that damn band, and now all four of them have come to try and break it in the UK, while he part-time studies at uni. He turns, passing a mug to me and we proceed into the living room. He flops down on a sofa, stetching his long legs out and I occupy the far end. 

"Hey what's that?" He says, placing his cup on the coffee table and leaning forward looking at my collar bone. 

"Huh?" I say, looking down, I must have moved my hair over my other shoulder. I'm covered in love bites - from my collar right downwards, harry's punishment the other day, I prefer it to the spanking I suppose, despite the inconvenience of covering it up. 

"I.. nothing.." I blush and stammer, frantically moving my hair. 

"No way, Flora who mauled you!" He says, jaw dropping. 

"No-one" I say, wrong answer. 

"Oh my god why are you being all defensive? Who was it, are you embarassed? Were you drunk again Flora" He says, still trying to see the love bites that are now hidden by my hair. 

"No.. Luke, I'm just um, gonna go to the toilet" I get up quickly, dashing from the room as he sits, smirking silently at the discomfort he's caused over the topic. I shut the door with an accidental slam, leaning over to tug my t-shirt down, running my fingers over the blotches that run from just below my collar bone across my cleavage, dipping under the line of my bra. I let my t-shirt move back into place, sighing and looking in the mirror as I adjust my hair.