seventy six.

Flora. 

"I'm pregnant, me and Harry we're having twins" I blurt out. My mum is staring at me like I'm crazy, my dad is silent, like he's waiting for my mother to say something. I'm wishing one of them would speak up. 

I look desperately at Harry who is probably the last person who will have something to say, unless he's asked of course. He eyes my dad quietly - I suppose if it was his sister his dad would hit the roof. 

"Flora, you're too young for a baby.. don't be ridiculous" She says softly, like she's humoring me, or trying to talk me round. 

"The decision has been made, we just came to tell you" I say bluntly, the only way I can stop myself from bursting into tears. My mother looks at my Dad as if she wants back up, I look to him, I knew she would be the problem. 

"Have you thought about all the options though, you have no idea how much hard work a baby is, I'm still doing your washing!" She argues, I take a deep breath. 

"Mum stop! The decision is nothing to do with you!"  I say getting frustrated

"Flora we only want what's best for you" She says disapprovingly. 

"Well then why are you questioning what I genuinely want!" I shout, fed up of the conversation and storming from the room, heading upstairs. I wonder if Harry is going to follow me but several minutes later I'm still alone in my familiar bedroom. I kick my shoes off, lying down on the bed and burying my face in the pillows. 

Harry. 

I'm tempted to flea straight out the door after Flora, but instead I'm left in the firing line of both her parents. 

"I understand how worried you must be about Flora, and I understand that I was in a position of responsibility which I abused. However I didn't take advantage of her. I love your daughter, and I am really excited for a future with her" I say sincerely, looking from her father to her mother and back. Her mother's gaze seems to soften a little as I say the words.

"We're just a bit shocked" Her dad finally speaks. He looks a little sad, and for a second I imagine my future babies all grown up, it must be sad. 

"I'm sorry we didn't tell you earlier, we needed time to work things out and be sure of the decision" I say nervously, wiping my clammy hands on my jeans. 

"I know that you're mid twenties and in a position for this but Flora hasn't left home yet, she's not even 19" Her dad says calmly. 

"I promise that I will look after Flora whatever happens and I will always be there to financially support her and my children, and she'll always have a job with me to earn her own money if she wants it" I say firmly. Her mum seems to be buying it, looking at me tenderly. 

"So we can trust you with her?" Her father asks, I'm still unable to read him. I look at him confidently. 

"Of course, I promise" I say, as we have eye contact for a little longer. I lose his attention when a small sniffle comes from across the table, her mum seems to be crying. 

"I'm sorry, she's just the last one to leave, I didn't think she'd be gone for a while yet and here she is starting a family" She says, wiping her watery eyes. 

"Don't mind her, she's just crying because grandma makes her feel old" Flora's dad jokes, I crack a smile looking across the table at her mother who seems to be all flustered. 

"I thought you'd be angry" I admit.

"What can we do if it's what she wants, no one in the world is going to stop that girl when she's got her mind set on it" Her dad says, I smirk with a nod. 

"I should go and see if she's alright" I say quietly, her mum nods tearfully and I take that as my cue to exit, going into the hallway and taking the stairs two at a time. I knock on the door of her room loudly twice. Not a sound from inside. 

I open the door slowly, to see her lying on the bed, shoes kicked aside. 

"Flora" I say quietly, taking in her bedroom.. I've only been here once. 

"What" She says tearily, still staring at the wall. 

"Baby why are you crying" I say, climbing onto the bed too, placing a hand on her shoulder and rolling her over onto her back so she's looking up at me and not away. 

"I want to move out, it's not fair, they're so unsupportive!" She says furiously.

"Flora they are supportive, they want the best for you, you just didn't give them half a chance before you got mad" I soothe, wiping her under eyes with my thumbs. 

"I want to move out now" She says. 

"You are moving out, but you can't right this second, calm your hormones" I say kissing her forehead. 

"I'm not hormonal" She says snappily. I smile inwardly, giving her a hug instead.

"Lucky for you I've charmed your parents" I say, she looks to me, still seemingly unimpressed. 

"Thank god for that" She mumbles.