one hundered and sixteen.

Flora. 

The repeated sound of the ball thudding against the wall continues, Finley seems perfectly well entertained, for a six year old boy he has a great attention span. My bum is numb from sitting on the floor and I lack the energy to do anything else, aching from my fall down the last few steps. 

"When's my dad coming back?" Finley lets the ball roll into the dim darkness. I muster up a weak, reassuring smile. 

"Soon I'm sure" I say, attempting to heave myself up. I try the door handle casually, there's been no sound from upstairs.. though Anne must be home by now surely. 

"I'm hungry.." Finley frowns. Coming over to the door. 

"Me too" I pull a sad face at him. I bash on the door a couple of times, how I can shout for help and not alarm the child next to me has no clear solution. 

"Hey Finley" I say. He looks up at me. 

"How about we shout for daddy? He probably didn't realise we were hungry when he left us down here" I say, exhaustion kicking in. 

"Okay! Im good at yelling!" He says, I smile. 

"DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD" He screams, bursting into fits of laughter. I attempt to laugh too, but this is crazy, we could be here all night. 

"HELLLLLLLP" I yell. 

"HELP USSSSSSSSSSSSSS" He calls too, grinning, assuming it's a game. He goes on shouting. 

"Hey.. I can hear the dog" I say, my heart pounding, the dog wasn't here when we arrive earlier. 

"HELP" I shout louder. 

"I can hear a dog!" He reiterates. A sudden pain shoots up my back, so strong, I have to catch my breath, taking a moment to sit back down on the dusty stone floor. I close my eyes, inhaling deeply through my nose, the ache doesn't dispand, instead it persists in my stomach dully. 

"Hey rattle the door a little" I ask finley, trying to find a sitting position that's near enough comfortable, but the travelling ache is making things extremely difficult. He does as I suggest, rattling the handle with all his might.  

"Are you okay?" He asks, I realise I'm tense all over as I try and ignore the persistent hurt. 

"Yeah.. I just.." I can't finish my sentence.  Finley sits down beside me. 

"Why are you shaking?" He asks. 

"I'm.. I'm cold" I say. 

"It's cold sitting on the floor" He whispers kindly. 

"I know, I think I just need to stay still" I say. Even though I know what's happening.. I place a hand on my stomach, desperate for some kind of movement, just some reassurance. 

"Don't cry" He says. I realise after he's said it that tears are seeping from my closed eyes. 

"I'm okay, I'm fine" I say, biting hard on my lip as I let the pain sear through me. He takes my hand in his small one again, 

"My dad will be back soon" He says sounding alarmed, like he's trying to reassure me instead. 

"I'm sure he will" I agree, inhaling sharply, slumped against the wall. 

Harry.

To call it a knock would be an understatement, I throw my entire weight at the door. Hitting it with the palm of my hand until it hurts. 

"Where the fuck is he?!" I shout, kicking the door hard. I look at Molly who is standing meekly at the edge of his front garden. 

"I'm going to fucking kill him" I say, Molly looks like she's about to cry. 

"Harry calm down..." She whispers. 

"I'LL FUCKING CALM DOWN WHEN I FIND FLORA SAFE AND HAPPY AND WHEN HE'S BEHIND BARS MOLLY" I say. She goes back towards the car and I follow her. 

"We're going to mum and dad's, he might be there" I say, barely giving her time to follow me into the car before I step on it. 

"Harry slow down you're going to have a fucking accident" Molly says, I don't slow down, instead I speed up just to spite her. 

"Swear to god I'll drop you off in a minute and you can walk" I say. She sighs, knowing not to argue with me, I can see the trail of gravel behind us as I speed down the driveway.

"Harry.. I can't go in, your dad.. well y'know" Molly says. 

"Look I don't care what you do I'm finding Edward" I say. Getting out, she follows me reluctantly to the front door, I open it and the sound of the dog barking from the kitchen can be heard. I follow the noise and find my mum at the kitchen counter. Archie comes over, his bark so loud I can't think, pawing at me frantically. 

"Mum!" I say. She turns around in surprise. 

"Harry! What are you doing here? Where's Flora, I thought you two were on lock down until the babies came?" She asks in surprise, her eyes flicker to Molly, she recognises her. 

"What's going on? Harry are you okay.." She frowns, I shake my head. 

"God Archie will you shut up" I say to the dog, who keeps running into the utility room, down the corridor and back. 

"Sorry, lets put him outside, he's been barking none stop for over an hour.. honestly" She shakes her head.