seventy one.

Flora. 

I wake up startled from a dream, only to realise there's nothing to be worried about and I'm in a silent room. There's barely any light filtering through the curtains and I'm cold. I huddle further under the duvet and check my phone to see it's only quarter past 7. But it does mean we're already late for work. 

I place a hand on Harry's hot shoulder, he's asleep on his stomach, face buried deep in the pillow. 

"Harry wake-up, you're gonna be late" I urge, wondering why his alarm didn't go off. That's not like him. He stirs, mumbling a sleepy groan into the pillow before finally rolling over. 

"Flora, it's Saturday, what are you on about" He says, his voice a low grumble from his throat, his eyelids heavy from sleep as he looks up at me in drowsy confusion. 

"Oh, I thought it was Friday.." I say. 

"How is your head.. are you okay? He says, waking up a little more and rubbing at his eyes sleepily. 

"My head?" I say.

"Yes, yesterday you passed out and hit your head, still don't remember?" He asks. I pause, briefly remembering my busy day, feeling ill and rushed off my feet, Niall's office and then vaguely the doctor's questions in the hospital bed. 

"I do.. I don't remember much though.." I say quietly. 

"How are you feeling?" He asks. 

"It aches a bit, but I think I'm okay" I say. He keeps his eyes trained on my face, looking up from his comfy position in the bed. 

"Well it's still Saturday so I'm going back to sleep if you're all good" He says reaching over to take my waist and pull me into direct contact with his body, chest to chest, I let his toasty warmth run through me with a shiver. 

"Babe you're cold" He says, tucking his face into my neck and holding me to him tightly.

"Is your heating even on" I say, soaking up his heat like he's a hot water bottle. 

"It's on manual or I get too hot, I'll change it for you" He says sleepily, lips against my neck. It's mid December is he serious. 

"Thanks" Is all I can mumble before I drift back into sleep. 

-

Not long enough later I wake up again, my stomach rumbling in complaint, I remove myself from Harry's limbs, hoping I didn't wake him as I not so gracefully get out of bed. I head straight to the thermostat in the hall, grabbing Harry's greenbay packers hoodie on my way, and turn the heating up high before heading downstairs. 

I put the kettle on, wishing I'd worn some socks too as I hop up and down on the freezing tiles. It's still only 20 to 9 and the sky is a grey blanket, frost covers the grass in the back garden and even looking at it is making me colder. 

"Why are you trying to deprive me of sleep, it's called a lie in" He says from the door, padding into the kitchen as I turn around from the counter. He's wearing just a pair of navy Tommy Hilfiger boxers, meanwhile I shiver in a hoodie. 

"I tried not to wake you up" I protest, he cracks a smile at me trying to defend myself. 

"You're supposed to be resting today, get back to bed" He orders, putting his hand on my bum to push me from the room. 

"I was hungry!" I complain, stalling my exit from the room because I'm quite happy looking at Harry's toned and tattoo covered midsection. 

"I'll make your toast, back to bed" He points at the door. 

"Yes daddy" I say sweetly. He grunts in annoyance but ignores me, going to the fridge as I head back upstairs. He returns a few minutes later and I'm not sure what I'd rather have first, him or the toast. He passes it to me along with a cup of tea, climbing into bed and lying down with a grumpy frown on his face, closing his eyes. I shrug, toast it is.  

I watch some crap breakfast TV and scroll twitter while I eat, listening to Harry snore softly beside me. As the heating kicks in I'm eventually warm enough to remove the hoodie. I smile as an imessage comes through from Luke. 

Luke; 'Didn't realise ur boyfriend was such a big deal??'  He says, attached is a link to the daily mail. I click on it to see a bunch of paparazzi pictures of him leaving the hotel in Milan. He looks good though. I reply. 

'He's not my boyfriend, shutup, yeah he's always in the media for something, surprises me too, he's not very interesting'   I smirk, I mean that fondly, obviously. I just know it would wind him up if I told him and it'll make Luke laugh. 

Luke; 'How isn't he ur boyfriend? You literally live at his house??? He has impregnated you :///'  I chuckle, what a way to put it. 

"What are you laughing at?" I turn my phone away on impulse. 

"Just Luke, he said something funny" I cover up, as Harry yawns, luckily he doesn't seem interested, probably because of the fact it's Luke. 

"Oh" He says bluntly, running a hand up my thigh under the covers, removing my phone from my hand easily and tossing it to the end of the bed. 

"So, about twins" He says, his hand tracing small patterns on my stomach. 

"What?" I say.

"You don't remember?" He says, his hand pausing it's absent minded tracing momentarily. 

"Twins?!" I say, panicking. 

"Yeah.. apparently on the first scan they were so small, twin a was hiding behind twin b and they didn't pick it up" He says, clocking my worried look. 

"I literally don't even remember.." I say, my heart beating fast, my hands sweaty. 

"Sorry.. I didn't mean to drop the bomb on you" He mumbles, shifting his body closer to mine, hand still on the curve of my stomach. 

"It's fine.. I just, I guess it runs in your family, huh" I say, still a bit shell shocked. 

"Can't deny that" He mumbles, I'm not sure what else to say, the thought of bearing one child scares the hell out of me, but two.. 

"Flo?" He says, as we stay in silence for a few long seconds. 

"Mmmhmm" I reply, my voice a little strangled. 

"I know this sounds stupid.. but you don't think that one is mine and one is Edward's, do you?" He says sheepishly, a little embarrassed. I think about it, panicking myself for a few seconds until I realise.

"No.. Harry no, it's okay, Doctor Carter said I was 8 weeks when we had the scan, it happened with Edward only a month before that, it would have to have happened in the same few days or even the same day for one to be his or there would be no split egg left to fertilize, you can't have one fetus a month behind the other." I confirm, taking a deep breath in relief at the realization. 

"Oh thank god you've got common sense" He says, sighing too, I look at him and he's grinning at me. 

"That was worrying you?" I half laugh, a little miffed. 

"Yeah.. sorry, it's been a stressful 24 hours" He says, kissing my arm softly, still smiling. 

"Not the fact we're having two babies?" I ask. 

"I mean, they aren't inside me, so not really" He says, I look at him in shock only to see he's laughing. 

"Hey it's fine! I'm kidding" He says, leaving soft kisses across my neck. 

"Oh, funny" I mumble grumpily. 

"Sorry, I'm just so happy they're both mine" He says, both dimples marking his cheeks. I have to look away to maintain my moody face and not melt like putty in his hands. God I hope our kids have dimples.