forty four.

Flora.

I don't think I've left the bar in an hour apart from to pee, I have no interest in being here without Harry. I'm stirring the straw around the ice in my empty glass, ignoring the chaos and pounding music around me.

I jump with a quiet yelp that no-one hears as a hand touches the top of my arm. My head whips round and a tall guy with dark hair is the owner of the hand, I mean I've had 3 vodka and cokes and two glasses of champagne but he's pretty attractive, I don't recognize him though.

"I'm sorry, I was just trying to get to the bar, you've got the right idea" He chuckles, signalling to the bar man who takes order.

"Oh" I blush stupidly, looking into my glass. Maybe he is an actor.. he's too gorgeous not to be.

"Where are your friends at? Surely someone so pretty isn't alone" He frowns.

"My date bailed" I say sarcastically, but in a way he kind of did.. and you know what I'll talk to attractive guys if I want to. His face creases sympathetically, it must be too loud in here for sarcasm.

"Good job I don't have one then, Isn't it" He smirks, his eyes scanning my face. I nod and the bar man places his drink in front of him.

"Can I make that two?" He asks, less than a minute later my drink is placed in front of me and I've learned that my new date's name is Matt, and he's a director.

"Lets go somewhere quieter?" He says, moving my hair from my ear and talking quietly into it. I nod and he leads me through the crowd with his hand. We pass the toilets and I come to a stop.

"I have to pee" I say.

"Give me your drink and I'll meet you outside on the terrace?" He asks. I hand my drink over with a stupid drunk grin, peeing quickly and meeting Matt outside. This feels.. wrong, but Harry bailed on me, I remind myself, and he doesn't 'date' his employees.

I sip my drink as Matt talks to me about how he grew up in Cornwall, and sent his short films to anyone he could get the address of. Before getting a call to go and work in LA and that's where he's been for the last 6 years. He seems pretty modest about his work.. and just, so, nice.

I realise as he goes to get another drink that I'm suddenly feeling kind of drowsy, my head is pounding, I could probably fall asleep on the table. I go to reach for my bag but my motor skills are so rubbish I miss it by a couple of inches. A dizzy spell makes me rest my head in my hands. The door opens and Matt returns, god I'm so drunk this is embarrassing.

"Hey.. are you alright, you're looking a little peaky?" He says, but I'm not even looking at him, I can barely open my eyes and my arms and legs feel like dead weights.

"I need to go home, I'm not feeling well" I mumble, although I'm not sure the words came out right.

"Is there anyone I can call for you?" He asks, squatting down to get to my eye level where my head is on the table.

"Call Harry.. " I mumble, attempting to pick up my phone from the table but missing. He picks it up for me.

"Passcode?" He asks.

"0807" I can barely speak. He walks away.. I think, but all I can hear is rushing in my ears, and think.. I did not, drink, this much.

11.58pm

"He'll be outside in five" Matt comes back, placing my phone in my bag. All I can do is let out a grunt. Five minutes is quickly.. for Harry, but I'm not complaining.

"Let me help you up" He says, practically picking me up and carrying me across the terrace and back towards the entrance.

"Thankyou" I mumble, trying to keep my head up. I don't even remember coming through the lobby as we're outside and a black range rover is pulled up in the queue of SUV's and taxi's.

Matt opens the door and almost lifts me in, I'm too drowsy to even panic, how am I letting Harry see this guy lift me into his car. Harry says what sounds like a hello and Matt shuts the door behind me, I look over at Harry through half squinted eyes, I thought he'd be shouting at me by now.. about how I got in this state. He also looks weird, he's smiling. It's his smile though, his exact smirk. And he's wearing a garish printed shirt and he has the same curls around his ears, it's almost like he's had a hair cut though..

"Daddy.." I murmur.

"Hey Flora, have we had a few too many hm" He says resting his large hand on my upper thigh, as my head flops back against the seat and my eyes flicker closed.

Harry.

12:23am

I've been stuck with these idiots for hours. Kill me now. Also, a call from Flora would have been appreciated.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

I'm aware this is confusing, but who can work it out. Let me know what you think is going on in the comments!

- Ro xxx