eighty two.

Flora. 

"You used to be fun" Luke says, pulling the plastic cover from the sleek black vehicle currently parked in the garage. 

"I actually can't believe you're doing this" I say, arms folded across my chest, hovering by the door as Luke presses the button and the car makes a smooth clicking and whirring signalling the doors are unlocked. 

"They don't say I'm punk rock for nothing, Flo" He says, opening the door and sliding low down into the drivers seat. I take a mammoth breath, going round to the other side and pressing a button on the wall to signal the opening of the garage. He starts the engine which makes me jump out of my skin as the car gives a colossal roar, it vibrates the entire garage. I open the door, getting in and fastening my seat belt, my heart in my mouth. 

"You're a horrendous influence, I don't even want to do this" I moan, tucking the seat belt under my bump and bracing myself as he reverses and turns the car on the gravel with a skid that throws my body forward suddenly. 

"Calm down, Daddy will never know" He pats my leg knowingly before jamming the gear into first and revving way way more than necessary to swing into the dark street, probably drawing attention from anybody in a three mile radius. I frown, gripping the cold leather of the seat. 

"You said we were just going to get takeaway" I protest as Luke takes yet another quick turn to distract us from our destination, driving the small lanes around Hampstead Heath. 

"Flora, you need to relax" He chides, turning to me, I urge him to keep his eyes on the road. I'm used to Harry's wild driving - Luke not so much. 

"No! I can't relax" I fuss, my eyes filling with tears. 

"Oh my god, are you crying?" He says, looking to me,  as he swings round another corner. 

"No! I'm fine!" I say stroppily, quite clearly wiping my face before looking back to the road where a small deer is ambling across the small lane, startled by the headlights. 

"Luke!" I squeal as he slams the breaks on, swerving quickly and careering straight into a tree, throwing both my body and his forward as the seat belt locks painfully across my chest and the billowing air bag engulfs me, sending a stinging sensation across my face and chest and disorientating me as I try and push it away, feeling a distinct ache all up my leg.  

I want to call out for Luke but all I can manage is a whimper. I slide a hand under the seat belt, pressing a hand tentatively across my stomach as if I'm checking it's still there. I move a little in my seat, gasping as another pain shoots up my leg. 

It's pitch black, all internal lighting on the car blown. I can't hear him moving next to me. 

"Luke" I cry, my voice barely a whine. I reach out fumbling to unclasp my seat belt, my hands shaking so violently I can barely press it, my hand brushes over what must be broken glass. 

"Luke, please" I reach out, touching his warm arm, I squint in the dark, unable to move my leg too much.  I feel like I'm going to throw up with nerves as I continue to try and shake him awake. I feel a sudden ache in my head, fighting the dizziness as I search for my bag in the foot well, I place a hand up to my temple and recoil my hand in horror as I touch something hot and wet above my eyebrow. I press a hand to the flow of blood.. maybe I saw somewhere this would help, I don't manage to reach my phone before I the faint light I did have goes dark and my head drops back against the head rest. 

******************************************************************************************

Sorry it's short ahahaha I'm evil