fifty five.

Harry. 

I haven't heard from Flora since yesterday. She said she'd consider it, her parents said they'd talk her round. 

I've turned my chair away from the desk and am staring out of the window at the high rise office blocks surrounding mine. I jump, almost dropping the pen i'm chewing on as the landline rings, I swing round and pick it up. Jesus I miss having a PA to take front desk calls. 

"Hello?" I ask. 

"Harry Styles, that you? It's Luke" There's a familiar and relaxed aussie accent at the other end of the phone. 

"Luke...? Flora's Luke?!" I ask, alarmed. Why would he be calling my office. 

"Yes, 'Flora's Luke' I am a human in my own right, by the way" He grumbles, I laugh silently at the fact I've bothered him. 

"What do you want, Flora's Luke? How did you even get a call through" I ask. He heaves an irritated sigh. 

"Told the dumb chick in reception me and you had a meeting but I had to cancel, you want to hear my corporate voice, it's sick" He enthuses. 

"I'd rather not" I sigh, god I need to fire Amber. 

"So, I need you to listen up. I've got something to tell you, you ain't gonna like it" He says bluntly. I freeze, unless he wants another split lip he better not be calling me to say Flora slept with him. I stay silent.. he continues nervously.

"Promise me first?" He says. I still stay silent. 

"You can't go to Flora.. this needs to be sorted first. You need to sort him.. she'll kill me if I make this worse" He says. 

"Get to the point" I hiss, my voice tense. 

"On the night of the British Fashion Awards, your brother drugged Flora and raped her and dumped her on her doorstep, he blackmailed her and told her that if she didn't quit working with you and cut you off then he'd tell your druggie hit men exactly where you are and tell you that he and her slept with each other" He finishes. A small breath of disbelief escapes me, I mean I knew he was messed up but this.. I'm almost shaking with anger. 

"Harry..??" Luke's voice is a bit like an echo. 

"Mmhm" I can barely say. 

"There's something else" I'm not sure I can take anymore before I throw this god damn phone across the room. He doesn't say anything.  

"What.." I say through gritted teeth. 

"Flora's pregnant" He mumbles. I chuck the handset across the room and it launches the rest of the phone after it, I sweep a bunch of files off too in a childish rage, throwing  the stapler at the wall and it explodes with metallic splinters that fall into a dissatisfying silence. I grab my coat from my chair, my mobile but not my work phone and my car keys. I storm through the office and into the lift, refusing to acknowledge anyone. 

"Cancel my meetings today, I won't be back" I command a bewildered looking Amber as I leave the building. 

I unlock my phone as I get in my car, typing a text to Eddie. 

'Mum wants us to come to dinner tonight at 7, she said to let you know'