eighty three.

Flora

A sharp pain shoots through my forehead as I open my eyes, I squint, groaning.

"Flora?" There's scuffling in the bright room, I sit up carefully, every inch of me aches. I groan quietly, looking over to see Luke, his arm is in a sling, his cheek is scratched and he's bruised all along his collar bones, lip cut and swollen but he's grinning broadly to see me awake.

"Luke what he hell happened, look at you" I say reaching out to touch his face. He snorts with laughter.

"Me? You're the one with 9 stitches in your eyebrow  and 2 broken ribs" He says. I move in panic with a rustle of bed sheets.

"Flora, it's okay, the babies are fine, they checked them while you were asleep, your ribs took the impact, apparently" He says. I relax only slightly, resting a hand on my stomach. 

"What time is it?" I ask. 

"7 am, they said to let you sleep through the night..." He says, stretching out his legs with a small groan. I pet a hand ever so carefully over my eyebrow which feels rough to my touch. I remember what happened in the car last night. 

"I thought you were dead.." I say, looking at him. He looks back at me, his face turning serious. 

"I'm so sorry... " He mumbles, staring at his lap. 

"I have to talk to Harry.. he's going to kill me" I say, looking around to see if my phone was recovered from the crash. 

"Flora.. I called him, please don't panic, he should be here soon" Luke says, swallowing. 

"He's coming back?! Luke you didn't ask him to come back did you? That trip is such a big deal to him!" I say, my voice becoming increasingly frustrated. 

"I think you and the babies are a bit more important to him than that, calm down, I didn't ask him to come back, I'd just told him I crashed his 300k ferarri I wasn't asking him for anything!" He protests. 

"Oh my gosh.. the car" I squeak, sitting up in the bed a little further, despite my aching ribs protesting. 

"Yeah, surprisingly enough he was more fussed about you, I mean he can replace you, a  black ferarri 458 italia, little harder to find" Luke chuckles. 

"You're not funny" I pout, drawing a sharp breath as I move a little too quickly, Luke looks at me warily. 

"Are you okay?" He mumbles. 

"I told you I didn't want to take the car" I say quietly. 

"I know.. I've said I'm sorry, I told Harry that it was all my fault" He says. 

"You do realise you've severed any chance of him ever liking you" I look at the lanky blonde boy who keeps crossing and uncrossing his legs impatiently. 

"Yeah.. I realise that" He says awkwardly, a small smile at his lips. 

"You're too rebellious for your own good, Luke Hemmings" I say, wincing again as I move. 

"How will you ever play bass with that broken arm?" I ask, he frowns, looking genuinely upset. 

"Probably serves me right" He whispers. I nod in agreement. We're interrupted as white coat doctor enters the room, a stack of papers in his right hand. 

"Flora? How are we feeling? You had a lucky escape" He says, I look up at him. 

"I'm okay.. I think" I say uncertainly to the stranger. 

"How much pain are you in? Can you sit up for me?" He says, I oblige, biting hard on my lip as I straighten myself up. 

"Is it okay if we up your painkillers.. I promise it won't have an affect on the babies" He says, I nod as he fiddles with the tubes running into my hand. I look at Luke who is adjusting the sling on his arm.

"You might feel a little out of it, but they'll help I promise" The doctor says, before signing something off on the sheets. 

"Call me if you need anything" He says before shutting the door with a quiet click. No sooner has he left than another Doctor comes in, followed by two police officers. 

"Luke Hemmings? Could you step outside please, we'd like a word" One of the officers says. Luke goes pale. 

"What, no, why?" I demand, Luke is obliging, the officers look to me. 

"Miss, this isn't your concern, we'd like to question Mr.Hemmings as he was driving the vehicle in question" He says firmly, I'm not sure what else I can say as they usher him from the room. I want to get up and follow them out but I'm attached to the machines beside me. What if they arrest him.. 

I'm unable to do anything but lie there as the pain medication makes my brain cloudier, I look to the door and am worried for a second that I'm imagining it as the door opens again and Harry rushes in, wearing his long coat and a crumpled shirt half unbuttoned, his hair is worked through over and over by his fingers, that stressed motion he does often. 

"I'm so sorry" I cry, sitting up and holding my arms out for him in the only gesture my medicated brain can remember how. He sinks down onto the bed gathering me into his arms a little too forcefully for my aching body. 

"I hate you so much what are you trying to do to me" He whispers pressing his face into my neck, I breathe in the scent of his hair, it tickles the edge of my jaw. 

"It's alright, you're alright" He says, tucking my hair behind my ears. I shake my head. 

"No, you have to go and find Luke, the police are questioning him! You have to tell them it's your car and that we didn't steal it!" I say desperately, his hand holding my cheek. He nibbles on his bottom lip, nervous eyes looking over my mess of a face. He strokes a thumb ever so gently over my eyebrow, licking his lips, brow knitted together in concern. 

"Harry please" I beg. 

"Okay but it's for you" He says, he looks torn, and exhausted, but still absolutely gorgeous.

"I won't be long" He says, squeezing my hand, and patting my stomach affectionately before standing up and dissapearing from the room, I listen to the heavy steps of his boots fade away in the corridor.