Chapter 14: understanding

(I was listening to this song while writing this so-)

Karl wrapped himself with a towel and sighed softly. He grabbed the clothes he was supposed to wear. He knew sapnap meant he would meet him in the room when karl got out and dressed and ready.

But that wasn't what karl had in mind. He slowly walked to the room and hummed. Quackity and sapnap were sitting on the bed. Quackity had had some coffee by now and sapnap had gotten dressed.

Karl walked over and sat on the bed in his towel. Quackity looked up from his phone and blinked. Karl never came out in just a towel, he was confused but honestly flustered.

Sapnap looked at him and stared. "Uh- bbaaabbe, you know what I said when you were in the shower doesn't mean- um... You have to come out like this-"
"Sap, hush, stop worrying about me. I wouldn't have came out like this if I didn't want to, trust me."

Sapnap nodded and looked back at his phone, as well as quackity. Karl knew they didn't wanna make him uncomfortable with staring. Karl hummed. "What should I wear today?" He ask standing up. "Your hoodie?- you usually wear it-"

Karl huffed "yeah, but I wanna wear something different for once.. hm.. sap, can I borrow some clothes?" Sapnap blinked and nodded "yeah I guess" karl got up and went to the closet and grabbed some clothes. He smirked lightly and stood behind the closet door and took off the towel.

Spanap and quackity hesitantly looked up to not get caught looking. They couldn't see karl because he was behind a door, but they could see through slightly because of the shudders on the closet door.

(For anyone confused these are closet shudders- usually you can pry them more open though)

It was like karl wanted them to see him. And he did but not exactly all the way. Sapnap and quackity looked at each other with red faces. Karl put on the clothes slowly,

Sapnap and quackity quickly looked back down when they saw the door close back. Karl hummed. "I like these clothes" He had on black zipper on the knee pants with a black.. belt thing?. Hanging on the side, and  uh, this

 Hanging on the side, and  uh, this

Sapnap almost choked on air. "W-wow- are you sure you used my clothes?-" karl giggled. "Mhm, it was on your side of the closet" sapnap got up. "maybe I should look through my clothes more-"

Quackity chuckled and got up. "Well you look great" karl smiled happily and put his hands together. "Thank yooouu" he smiled happily. "Now then, I have to get going to bads, I'll be back in about an hour or 2. Quackity groaned. "Wwhhhyyyyyy we want you heeeere"

Karl giggled and shrugged "I'll only be gone for at least an hour and thirty minutes, depending on what happens" quackity made puppy eyes. Karl walked over and kissed his head. "I'll be back love"

Quackity smiled but still didn't want him to leave. Karl kissed sapnaps neck since he was a bit taller and headed out. He made it to bads and hummed walking in. He'd gotten more used to coming in and how things worked.

Karl walked into the living room and sat down looking around. Tommy came in and sat, he looked awful today, like he'd been crying or just really sad.

Bad came in a bit later and hummed sitting down. "Alrighty! How's everyone today?" Karl smiled "honestly I'm doing better, I'm a lot more happy at the moment" bad smiled happily "that's great! What about you, tommy?"

Tommy stayed silent. It was one of those times where if you said anything you'd break down crying. Bad scooted closer to the boy "tommy?."

Tommy huffed and quickly said "I'm fine" bad doubted it but didn't wanna push him. "Ssso.. does anyone wanna talk about something good or bad that's happened recently?.'

Karl thought back to when he completely spaced out and didn't remember anything, but he was feeling a lot better today so he won't say anything negative.

Tommy shifted and kept his gaze at the floor. "Tommy?.. hey .. I can see somethings wrong, what happened?."
"It's none of your business so leave it alone!" He yelled. Bad sighed softly. "You'll have to open up eventually.."

Tommy looked at him and growled "no I don't I don't have to open to anyone! I'm fine I'm a big man whatever 'problems' you think I have I'm dealing with it."

Karl inspected tommy's body language, the way he sat, his moods, and what he said. Karl nodded and got up walking over to the ranting boy who was close to tears.

He croched at him and took his hands. "tommy... Would you like to talk to me, alone?.." tommy stared at him and looked away nodding. It was better than having two people, and bad was just pissing him off.

Bad nodded and walked out. Karl looked up at him. "Are you going through a tough time in your mind tommy?..' tommy shifted "what do you mean?"

"Dysphoric, are you feeling bad about your body?.. the way you sat and talked all 'big' I just assumed.." tommy didn't want to admit it, hell, he didn't even want to be here.. but something about karl made him feel.. safe?. To talk.. since his family just made him feel weird and mad if they ask him any of this.

Tommy slowly nodded and started crying. He covered his face, 'big men don't show weakness' but tommy was feeling aweful. Karl pulled the younger into a hug and basically cradled him.

Tommy sobbed "I-i dont want your pity" karl frowned "this isn't pity.. it's understanding.. and trying to help you through it..." Tommy hugged back. He needed a genuine hug,. And his first was from karl.

Tommy wiped his tears away and huffed. "Um... Thank you, karl.." karl nodded. "Mhm, and.. tommy.. when's the last time you had 'the potions' mixed together," as they called them. "Uh.. a while actually, since ranboos usually the one to stock it we haven't been able to get to him in a while.."

Karl nodded and smiled "well then, come to me, I'm able to get to ranboo so I can then give you them." Tommy nodded "thank you.. again.." karl nodded and stood up. "Bad, were ready In here,

Everythings ok now"